Replacing Samsung Note 3 for Chinese phone.

10 replies
Found 19th Jun
Hello all.

I have an aging Note 3 which is due for replacement.

I am looking at Chinese phones at the moment but unsure what to go for. I am on EE but would still appreciate Band 20. I want a phone which has a better camera and the same size or bigger then my Note 3. Battery life is pretty important as well (Not sure if user replaceable battery's are even a thing anymore but would be appreciated!).

I couldn't care about looks.

Looking to keep budget under 200 quid.

Any ideas? cheers!

10 Comments

note4

Global version of redmi note 4 has band 20.
Battery life is pretty good too in my experience

I'm a big fan of Xiaomi phones. I currently have the Redmi Note 4 4GB/64GB version. About £125 delivered via a link on here a month ago. Fits my 80/20 rule - 80% of the quality for 20% of the price (of a flagship phone). I hope that helps.

Agree I have a redmi note 3 love it, just got a note 4 for a friend, coming off a mid range Sony and they love it.

Redmi note 3 camera is a little naff though. Constantly disappoints. Apart from that, it's the best phone i have had

note 4

the camera on the redmi range will always be meh. not bad, but not amazing.

so that's the only thing you might not be 100% happy with if you went redmi note 4.

you could look at the regular mi range, but they tend not to have band 20 and not the battery life of the redmis. they will have Bester processors in them though.

I have the redmi note 3 se and love it. bang for buck amazing.

Original Poster

doncoop

the camera on the redmi range will always be meh. not bad, but not … the camera on the redmi range will always be meh. not bad, but not amazing.so that's the only thing you might not be 100% happy with if you went redmi note 4.you could look at the regular mi range, but they tend not to have band 20 and not the battery life of the redmis. they will have Bester processors in them though.I have the redmi note 3 se and love it. bang for buck amazing.

​would you say that the note 4 have a better camera then my Samsung Note 3?

I like the Honor P8 phone, check it out.

anubispearl5 h, 55 m ago

​would you say that the note 4 have a better camera then my Samsung Note 3?

Have a look at a comparison here:
gsmarena.com/pic…531

I'm happy with my Redmi Note 4 Global 4GB/64GB, main thing seems to be low light photos with Xiaomi, but daylight seems to be relatively ok with the quality upped to high in settings.

Here is another gallery of the Xiaomi Note 4 vs a Nexus 5X, the first of each is the Note 4
imgur.com/a/C…MzU

Honestly your Note 3 is probably a better camera, but it's a flagship so to be expected, for general use the Xiaomi is probably fine though. The battery is insane, I can get 3 days with 6-8 hours screen on time. I love this thing!

Edited by: "dcx_badass" 19th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Building a PC Need Help!510
    2. Gas Cooker Hose Required56
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed428
    4. Driving anxiety.1212

See more discussions