Replacing Samsung S8 screen - how much?

Posted 20th Dec 2019
How much should I expect to pay to replace a Samsung S8 screen?

Dropped the phone, the screen smashed but i've connected the phone to the TV and the touch features work exactly how they should.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Probably more than the phone is worth.
matthews947920/12/2019 14:08

Probably more than the phone is worth.

Getting quotes of £140 at the moment
gsj8720/12/2019 14:11

Getting quotes of £140 at the moment

You have answered your own question then.
matthews947920/12/2019 14:14

You have answered your own question then.

Not really because I'm not sure if that's a good price or not, hence why I'm asking
No, it's not I used to repair phones for my self and a screen costs upwards of £25

Edit: it seems samsung screens are more expensive than iphone screens, s8 screen is around £120 - £130

Edit 2: found one for 80 ebay.co.uk/itm…498?hash=item3409a0539a:g:pDIAAOSwYv9d-Nbc
Edited by: "Misly" 20th Dec 2019
More than the phone is worth
Misly20/12/2019 15:00

No, it's not I used to repair phones for my self and a screen costs …No, it's not I used to repair phones for my self and a screen costs upwards of £25

Make a rubbish copy but a proper oled screen will cost your about £100
Most of the expensive ones are refurbished so they are original screens with new glass
You might be best getting insurance on the phone and claiming my mate did that as the screen was going to cost him £180
gsj8720/12/2019 14:15

Not really because I'm not sure if that's a good price or not, hence why …Not really because I'm not sure if that's a good price or not, hence why I'm asking

I'd say that's a good cost for an S8 screen as a friend was shopping around for an S7 Edge screen and found Carphonewarehouse was the best at around £140 and they did a very good job of it. My Mum smashed her S6 Edge recently and went with CPW (usually I'd avoid them but impressed with the work on my friend's phone) which cost her around £140 and the phone came back looking perfect.
£150, full frame instead of just the LCD, makes the repair quicker/easier.

lltrader.com/col…ame
That's about right. Some comments seem off the mark as they are talking about buying a part...no fitting mentioned which I am presuming you are needing someone to do. I lived with a slightly cracked s8 for over a year and a half as the cost was ridiculous at the time..was 220ish. The curved screen is the issue. I would say the price you have is a fair price.
Buy a new phone imo as too expensive to repair
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions