Replacing Side Bath Panel

Found 2nd Jan
Hi I need some advice please!

Due to a recent leak, the side of the bath had to be ripped off. However, it's a pretty old bath and because of this, the side panel wasn't a standard one. It was nailed to each side. The white plastic coating was removed to unscrew the panel so now it needs replacing.

Looking online at homebase and screwfix, they all seem to be plastic sides which won't really work with this will it?

I've attached a photo. Please help! Thanks.

2869754-dF4Su.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Plastic panel will fit ,their is a groove it seats in on the edge of the underside of the bath
Just trim it to length and screw bottom of the panel to the floor
Hth
Edited by: "Bradleigh" 2nd Jan
32974441-iOLRr.jpgjust whilst you are thinking of replacing I have seen a few people go the tongue and groove then paint to tailor their own solution here - a bit like this, I know a different question to the one you were asking but in case it helps:
Edited by: "Bertz99" 2nd Jan
Thanks. It's just difficult as it was originally a wooden panel and I'm not sure how to fix down a plastic one to the floor really.

Bertz, don't 100% sure I know what you mean though...
Edited by: "superfreddy" 2nd Jan
Bertz992nd Jan

[Image] just whilst you are thinking of replacing I have seen a few people …[Image] just whilst you are thinking of replacing I have seen a few people go the tongue and groove then paint to tailor their own solution here - a bit like this, I know a different question to the one you were asking but in case it helps:

We did the same, easy to do
superfreddy1 h, 34 m ago

Thanks. It's just difficult as it was originally a wooden panel and I'm …Thanks. It's just difficult as it was originally a wooden panel and I'm not sure how to fix down a plastic one to the floor really.Bertz, don't 100% sure I know what you mean though...

You stick a beam of wood across and screw to floor boards. Then you'll have something to screw it too.
IMHO Screwfix' bath panel is very good quality at a good price. I fitted one myself recently.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants