Report eBay user for swearing at me via eBay messages

Found 6th Mar 2016
Ive been sworn at via an eBay message. There's no obvious report this email/message link in the email footer. How do I go about reporting this to eBay? The help section of their website isn't the best or obvious.
Community Updates
Ask
36 Comments
do you not just hit the flag?
Why did they swear at you?
Haha
Sorry didn't mean to laugh ... Maybe block the user
nicwalsall

do you not just hit the flag?

This is what I thought but the flag just highlights the message in the 'Messages' section of my ebay
wakkaday

Sorry didn't mean to laugh ... Maybe block the user

What does blocking the user do for me? I want to report them to eBay...
Why do you want to report someone for swearing at you?
this is a joke right? lol
some people just got to much time on their hands
YouDontWantToKnow

Why did they swear at you?

Bought something from them. Paid straight away via Paypal. They cancelled and refunded me almost immediately after me paying. I looked at their feedback and saw this wasnt the first time this had happened. I queried this with the seller and they told me that they had agreed to sell to another person LESS than what I had paid. I told them they shouldn't have placed on eBay if that was the case and if they did at least put it down as buy it now or best offer. The seller had then messaged telling me to get ....

Am I over reacting here?
Search "A member is harassing me by email"

then click Profanity to get to their "Profanity policy"

You will see that they are not bothered unless its on public display
charlie182008

some people just got to much time on their hands

Some people must think its ok to swear at others
move on with your life and do something more constructive
TheHoss

Bought something from them. Paid straight away via Paypal. They cancelled … Bought something from them. Paid straight away via Paypal. They cancelled and refunded me almost immediately after me paying. I looked at their feedback and saw this wasnt the first time this had happened. I queried this with the seller and they told me that they had agreed to sell to another person LESS than what I had paid. I told them they shouldn't have placed on eBay if that was the case and if they did at least put it down as buy it now or best offer. The seller had then messaged telling me to get ....Am I over reacting here?

You should have just dropped it. Yeah you are overeacting a bit.
Thanks for your input all
TheHoss

Some people must think its ok to swear at others

Not really, but what were you hoping to achieve by reporting them?
Grow up Bro.
Personally id move on and not use them again
EBay don't like profanity via the message system so report them if it bothers you that much
Shame you can't leave feedback after seller cancels transaction , or can you ? ebay.co.uk/gds…tml
catch yourself on
So ****
TheHoss

Bought something from them. Paid straight away via Paypal. They cancelled … Bought something from them. Paid straight away via Paypal. They cancelled and refunded me almost immediately after me paying. I looked at their feedback and saw this wasnt the first time this had happened. I queried this with the seller and they told me that they had agreed to sell to another person LESS than what I had paid. I told them they shouldn't have placed on eBay if that was the case and if they did at least put it down as buy it now or best offer. The seller had then messaged telling me to get ....Am I over reacting here?

​Yes.
TheHoss

​yes, too sensitive.
I get it every day at work,
it's only words!
Leave them bad feedback and be done with it.
Happened to me this week, seller refused to sell as price was too low, so I reported them and left appropriate feedback for other, not that anything will happen so you have to accept it and move on
Have you tried calling the police?
Just have a good cry and then move on with your life.
I would suggest you call ebay customer services and report them. Ebay can see your email dialogue if you sent messages via ebay. Not sure what they will do though.
There's nothing you can do really, some people are just not very pleasant, best to ignore them.
Another driver shouted obscenities out of their window at me yesterday, didn't bother me, I just thought what a rude man.
Report and block. Move on.

Additionally, you could live chat with an eBay rep about it so that they'd look into that dodgy seller.
Edited by: "Gamer_U" 7th Mar 2016
stuarthanley

Have you tried calling the police?

I expect that ebays "contact us" is as equally pointless as this site.
Remember they have your address.
I would be tempted to report them as this could be potential money laundering. Sell non existing items across ebay to non existing customers (fake buying accounts utilising money from other criminal activities) and you suddenly have legitimately earned money. Occasionally someone is going to snipe a last minute deal, cancel theirs as they will complain they never received goods!
There are some despicable people on eBay though. Sullen, uninformative, monosyllabic replies to polite requests for more information about an item, then out come the swearing fits when you dare to seek further clarification.

If selling bothers that guy that much, don't sell.

Not much you can do about it though.
ive found ebay help line etc a complete waste of time no backup, help, jack ****, just concerned with there 10%
Same from me.
Avoided eBay mainly as a seller for some time now.
Only interested in their 10% like others have already stated.
TheHoss

​leave feedback saying what they did. negative obv. you can leave feedback for cancelled items. also. they can't cancel unless you agree to it BTW.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants