reporting car to DVLA

Found 4th Jun
Hey everyone

anyone know the best way to contact the DVLA to report a car which has no tax which has been left dumped outside my house. ive done the check on a few apps and indeed it has no tax. normally I wouldn't mind but its taking a valuable street parking space.

I want to make contact not just to log it but for them to actually tow the bloody car away.

thanks
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
16 Comments
You can report via this link, but it takes you to your local council. I reported a car about 2 years ago and it was gone within the month.
niceroundpound4 m ago

You can report via this link, but it takes you to your local council. I …You can report via this link, but it takes you to your local council. I reported a car about 2 years ago and it was gone within the month.

It was you? I was living on that car!!
I don't think there is an option to "report a car to the DVLA so it will definitely be towed away". You just need to inform them and they will investigate. There is no guarantee that it will be removed
Report to police on crime stoppers helpline or go online here or do both
Edited by: "wayners" 4th Jun
@gcmarcal sorry about that
Quickest way would be to get some mates together and shove it into the highway, then report the obstruction.
Thanks for the links and advises. Appreciated
report to council as an abandoned vehicle....you may have more luck in getting it removed
How long as it haf no tax for? How long as it been dumped?

It can take a few days for the tax system to update
Have you tried Fix My Street, I've had some success with it & you can post anonymously on it if you want.
Cars in my area without tax get clamped and a sticker on them saying untaxed. Within a few days they are towed away
termite6 h, 44 m ago

Quickest way would be to get some mates together and shove it into the …Quickest way would be to get some mates together and shove it into the highway, then report the obstruction.

How hard is it to move a car with hand brake on ?
Caroline_19933 h, 52 m ago

How long as it haf no tax for? How long as it been dumped? It can take a …How long as it haf no tax for? How long as it been dumped? It can take a few days for the tax system to update

Over a month
whelan1899 h, 33 m ago

How hard is it to move a car with hand brake on ?

On your own nigh on impossible, but with 3 mates its easy, you can do the bounce and move technique. Bounce the car on the suspension, and on the upstroke shove in the direction you want it to go.
DKLS10 h, 22 m ago

On your own nigh on impossible, but with 3 mates its easy, you can do the …On your own nigh on impossible, but with 3 mates its easy, you can do the bounce and move technique. Bounce the car on the suspension, and on the upstroke shove in the direction you want it to go.

intresting, some point in my life you might save me a headache , thankyou
Don't you know anyone with a forklift?

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions