Expired

Request: Cheap AGP graphics card

Found 19th Aug 2007
On the advice of rayman, i'm posting my original wanted thread here:

Hi all, i want to upgrade my pc which has a 16mb voodo graphics card. I would like to know what would be the best solution for me, I have budgeted 30 pounds max and would like a decent graphics card not so much for games as i have a 360 but something thats looks good for vista. Open to suggestions and thanks in advance :thumbsup:

11 Comments

voodoo card must be pretty old system,do you know what motherboard you have,if it has an agp slot and how much memory it can take,you need alot for vista.

Banned

Kenshin18

On the advice of rayman, i'm posting my original wanted thread here:Hi … On the advice of rayman, i'm posting my original wanted thread here:Hi all, i want to upgrade my pc which has a 16mb voodo graphics card. I would like to know what would be the best solution for me, I have budgeted 30 pounds max and would like a decent graphics card not so much for games as i have a 360 but something thats looks good for vista. Open to suggestions and thanks in advance :thumbsup:

If you have a PC that old it would NOT run Windows Vista

Yep, I'd recommend getting a new system. On the deals section of HotUKDeal they have loads of great offers especially with Dell PC's.

Original Poster

thanks for all the replies guys, just was wondering if I could get my current pc running vista to a reasonable degree without a complete overhaul

my full pc specs are

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2101/pcspecub4.jpg
Shot at 2007-08-19

just seems wasteful to get a new sys and scrap my current one which i built from scratch ages ago :P

Banned

Kenshin18

thanks for all the replies guys, just was wondering if I could get my … thanks for all the replies guys, just was wondering if I could get my current pc running vista to a reasonable degree without a complete overhaulmy full pc specs are Shot at 2007-08-19just seems wasteful to get a new sys and scrap my current one which i built from scratch ages ago :P

Buy a new one trust me its so old and slow!

It wouldn't run Vista at a fast enough speed to be comfortable to use I'm afraid stick with XP on that system or buy a new one for vista

Your PC would be able to run Vista Home Basic which IMO is worser than XP and you'll firstly need to format your hard drive as 1.33 gigabytes free space isn't enough.

Anyways the Windows Vista disc costs like £200 an odd quid well for the ultimate edition. You might aswell buy a brand new PC for about that price with Windows Vista already pre-installed.

it appears to be an old abit mobo,with 3 banks it can support 1.5gb unfortunatly only pc100.also has an agp slot so ok there.if you have vista then buy an agp card and free some disk space,if its too slow use card in a new system.

tho im sure the info you supplied is corrupt,those arent scsi drives maybe its alcohol playing up.

maybe a 7600gs,but considering prices on outdated parts best buy new system indeed.

p.s. badboy look at his virtual drives who says he's paying for vista.

The motherboard is AGP 4x at most anyway, even a good graphics card wouldn't help with vista. Don't bother wasting the £40 to be disapointed with. Get one of the great dell deals ~£200 and get a PCI-E card for the £40 you'd spend on the AGP. You'll be much happier.

Plus, you'll get Vista thrown in, legitimate, and free.

Banned

Kenshin18

On the advice of rayman, i'm posting my original wanted thread here:Hi … On the advice of rayman, i'm posting my original wanted thread here:Hi all, i want to upgrade my pc which has a 16mb voodo graphics card. I would like to know what would be the best solution for me, I have budgeted 30 pounds max and would like a decent graphics card not so much for games as i have a 360 but something thats looks good for vista. Open to suggestions and thanks in advance :thumbsup:

ever thought about a custom windows xp?

i have custom 1 and it looks like vista but its xp so your computer will run it, its GREAT and has all the things vista has,i think if you want to keep your computer this is the BEST solution
Post a comment
@
    Text