Groups

Rescuemycar.com - Anyone know anything about them?

Been looking around for a Car Breakdown Policy and this company have quoted £42 for a fairly comprehensive policy, and there is a possibility of 20% cashback via quidco. The nearest price I can get to it is £63 for Tesco's Finest Policy. Anyone got any advise? Rep given, cheers.

10 Comments

looks very cheap - tempted myself!

There's a fairly comprehensive article on car breakdown insurance on MSE:

moneysavingexpert.com/ins…ery

Also, make sure you check quidco as you can often get back 50% or so of the first year's cost.

don't fancy autoaid - you've got to stump up yourself and then claim back the money....

Original Poster

tony_s1;4058336

There's a fairly comprehensive article on car breakdown insurance on … There's a fairly comprehensive article on car breakdown insurance on MSE:http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/roadside-recoveryAlso, make sure you check quidco as you can often get back 50% or so of the first year's cost.

Thanks. I will have a read now. Rep left.

Original Poster

renard;4059033

Read my post #6 … Read my post #6 here:http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/317441/tesco-breakdown-cover

Thanks.

Original Poster

niallmoran;4063419

don't fancy autoaid - you've got to stump up yourself and then claim back … don't fancy autoaid - you've got to stump up yourself and then claim back the money....

Im still unsure what to do! My hubby says to do RAC through Tesco as theyre a bigger well known company.

busymom;4070127

Im still unsure what to do! My hubby says to do RAC through Tesco as … Im still unsure what to do! My hubby says to do RAC through Tesco as theyre a bigger well known company.

. . . . and much, much more expensive than AutoAid. :thumbsup:

Has hubby read the excellent AutoAid write-ups on MSE and elsewhere? Then again, I suppose once he's made his mind up there will be no persuading him otherwise - spouses can be like that!

All I know is, I was an RAC member for 25 years. In all that time, I called them out once. And who turned up? The local garage, on behalf of the RAC!

That is precisely what happens with AutoAid, only difference being that I would pay the garage with my credit card and AutoAid reimburses me within a very reasonable time.

If your credit is good, I can't see the sense in paying megabucks in subs to AA / RAC, when you can get it all from AutoAid for just £37. Especially if you've got a reasonably modern car.

Good luck!

niallmoran;4063419

don't fancy autoaid - you've got to stump up yourself and then claim back … don't fancy autoaid - you've got to stump up yourself and then claim back the money....

. . . which many, many people find an acceptable practice - especially in view of the colossal savings over AA /RAC etc.

Read the glowing recommendations on MSE.

Granted, if you are unlikely to have enough credit on your credit card to pay the call-out garage, AutoAid is probably not for you. Otherwise, it seems an excellent, well tried and tested insurance service.

since rescuemycar is about the same price i'd rather not have the hassle of claiming back - autoaid does seem well rated though :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2469
      2. 5am gym crew20131
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?33

See more discussions