reset phone

Found 27th Jan
okay so I reset the s7 and all good apart from

i forget too decrypt the SD card but one problem at a time but when i went too reinstall the hive app.

it's say incompatible with device.

any fix
Community Updates
AskPhones
8 Comments
There was someone here a while back with similar problems but with amazon app. They installed from a apk which is not really the way to go. Strange.. However if your location is outside UK in settings that may cause some apps not to install... Sorry don't have an answer.. Maybe a software bug..
Edited by: "wayners" 27th Jan
Original Poster
well i could install it few months back, only reset phone and now saying device incompatible
You could try.. I found on net. Seems your not alone.. Google's suggested workaround is to clear Google Play Store's data from your phone and then try to install the apps. To do this, go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Store > Clear data.

A second possible workaround is to re-install the entire Google Play Store App. To do this go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > uninstall updates. After that try to install the apps again.
jonmarz8927 m ago

well i could install it few months back, only reset phone and now saying …well i could install it few months back, only reset phone and now saying device incompatible

After the thread which Wayners pointed to was posted they have found what was causing the issue. Go to Settings>Display>Change Screen Resolution to FHD+, then restart the device (if you look at the change logs in some of the Amazon apps you can see this listed as a change). The issues are being caused by bad coding of apps not allowing the resolution of 2960x1440 so report device as not compatible.

33145879-HnSlW.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 27th Jan
Original Poster
cecilmcroberts1 h, 19 m ago

After the thread which Wayners pointed to was posted they have found what …After the thread which Wayners pointed to was posted they have found what was causing the issue. Go to Settings>Display>Change Screen Resolution to FHD+, then restart the device (if you look at the change logs in some of the Amazon apps you can see this listed as a change). The issues are being caused by bad coding of apps not allowing the resolution of 2960x1440 so report device as not compatible. [Image]

awesome, I thought i put it down too hd too save battery
I also had this exact problem recently with Apple Music on my S7 Edge, trying to install it gave me the error that it wasn't compatible even though I'd had the app working until a month or so ago when I'd uninstalled it. The only way I could install it (after clearing the Google Play Store app cache and changing the screen resolution to FHD and rebooting didn't work) was to install it via play.google.com/ on the phone however even this didn't work initially but after a few tries it suddenly said "Install".
Edited by: "@dy" 27th Jan
Original Poster
Mine was screen, some bad coding as a I don't think hive app needs anything better than hd screen,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants