Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Halo Wars 2, Breath of the Wild, Nier: Automata and For Honor...which is the biggest selling launch so far in 2017?...

Found 13th Mar 2017
Well actually...it's Ghost Recon: Wildlands oO

http://teambeyond.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Ghost-Recon-Wildlands-Header-2.jpg

Ubisoft open-world shooter Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the biggest-selling launch of the year so far.

Wildlands is also the second-biggest launch for any game with the vague Tom Clancy moniker attached - which covers everything from Ghost Recon to Rainbow Six: Siege to Splinter Cell. The only Tom Clancy game launch it didn't outsell? The Division.

PlayStation 4 exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn, 2017's previous biggest launch, continued to sell well in second place.

Lego Worlds, the toy company's take on Minecraft, stacked up well in third.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild was fourth, meanwhile - a positive sign people are still buying Switch.

The other new entry this week, Nier Automata, arrived in sixth, behind GTA 5.

Here's the full top 10:

Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Horizon
Lego Worlds
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
GTA5
Nier Automata
FIFA 17
Rocket League
1-2 Switch
COD: Infinite Warfare

[Source: Eurogamer]
Community Updates
21 Comments
Two very main reasons why; first, the launch price (Wildlands ~£34, others £40+) and second, GTA!
Edited by: "mixmixi" 13th Mar 2017
mixmixi

Two very main reasons why; first, the launch price (Wildlands ~£34, … Two very main reasons why; first, the launch price (Wildlands ~£34, Others £40) and second, GTA!

And the fact Horizon is only on one console but Wildlands is on 2 consoles.. That will certainly help
mixmixi

Two very main reasons why; first, the launch price (Wildlands ~£34, … Two very main reasons why; first, the launch price (Wildlands ~£34, others £40+) and second, GTA!

Lego Worlds launched at ~£19, there's some pricing.

But seriously, it has to be Xbox One owners buying this surely? I'd have assumed anybody with the PlayStation 4 was busy with Horizon Zero Dawn and Nintendo owners (be that Switch or Wii U) would be on with Zelda. I'm not knocking the game, I enjoyed what I played of the Beta, but it didn't warrant enough for a purchase.

I'm suprised that both this and The Division are Ubisoft's top two selling games ever. DOES EVERYBODY FORGET ABOUT RAINBOW SIX SIEGE?
Im happy for nintendo managing to place zelda in 4th considering the amount of install base they had. I still have no idea how GTA 5 is still selling now, i feel like the entire world should have bought it by now considering how well its been consistently selling since launch.
Gamerofgames

Im happy for nintendo managing to place zelda in 4th considering the … Im happy for nintendo managing to place zelda in 4th considering the amount of install base they had. I still have no idea how GTA 5 is still selling now, i feel like the entire world should have bought it by now considering how well its been consistently selling since launch.

It's great to see. Sad only for the fact that it's placed under Lego Worlds for what can be assumed is down to bad pricing and stock availability for a game that drew straight 10s across the board
Sony have clearly been aggressively trying to keep Zelda and the switch away from the top spot with the huge amount of consoles bundeled with horizon and 2 pads (to match up to the switches 2 player) they sold for around £199 the last few weeks ?
I think it is sad that Lego beat Zelda and also that nioh is off the charts as nioh was my favourite game of the year so far
I hope Nier:A does well in the west, Platinum certainly need some good fortune at the moment.

Interesting to see Wildlands do so well especially after people seemed pretty negative about the Beta plus I'm never convinced that betas don't tend to put people off.
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the game ive most enjoyed out of most of the above closely followed by resi 7 then Horizon
I loved the division, I love siege more than even csgo! And so far I'm loving wildlands. Ubisoft are doing something right imo and all on pc I might add so 3 different platforms is helping the sales for wildlands for sure and with the added pvp mode they're adding wildlands might gain more sales
Snakeyes646

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the game ive most enjoyed out of most of the … Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the game ive most enjoyed out of most of the above closely followed by resi 7 then Horizon

B3aver

I loved the division, I love siege more than even csgo! And so far I'm … I loved the division, I love siege more than even csgo! And so far I'm loving wildlands. Ubisoft are doing something right imo and all on pc I might add so 3 different platforms is helping the sales for wildlands for sure and with the added pvp mode they're adding wildlands might gain more sales

Stop it. I'm going to be buying a game I didn't think I wanted at this rate
Snakeyes646

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the game ive most enjoyed out of most of the … Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the game ive most enjoyed out of most of the above closely followed by resi 7 then Horizon

B3aver

I loved the division, I love siege more than even csgo! And so far I'm … I loved the division, I love siege more than even csgo! And so far I'm loving wildlands. Ubisoft are doing something right imo and all on pc I might add so 3 different platforms is helping the sales for wildlands for sure and with the added pvp mode they're adding wildlands might gain more sales

Good that can be a little payback buzz with all the deals you've made a lot of us buy X)
B3aver

Good that can be a little payback buzz with all the deals you've made a … Good that can be a little payback buzz with all the deals you've made a lot of us buy :DX)

I'm not even sorry you love it.
Some busy month! I really enjoyed the beta for Ghost Recon: Wildlands despite some flaws. Was tempted to buy it but reminded myself how lonely The Division was without my friends. So didn't get it. Need to focus on finishing Horizon before moving onto my next. Not sure what it will be as I'm still looking Ghost Recon: Wildlands but at the same time really want Nier Automata too and then there is Mass Effect coming soon. For LEGO Worlds I'm waiting for my £10 back for spending the £50 on the store. lol. And lastly, Zelda: Breath of the Wild will just have to be stretched out throughout the year as it's in no big rush to be finished.
Played the beta for 2 hours then had to go back to Zelda... can't put it down X)
MrCollective

Played the beta for 2 hours then had to go back to Zelda... can't put it … Played the beta for 2 hours then had to go back to Zelda... can't put it down X)

Same. It's slowly taking over my life X)
BuzzDuraband

Lego Worlds launched at ~£19, there's some pricing.But seriously, it has … Lego Worlds launched at ~£19, there's some pricing.But seriously, it has to be Xbox One owners buying this surely? I'd have assumed anybody with the PlayStation 4 was busy with Horizon Zero Dawn and Nintendo owners (be that Switch or Wii U) would be on with Zelda. I'm not knocking the game, I enjoyed what I played of the Beta, but it didn't warrant enough for a purchase.I'm suprised that both this and The Division are Ubisoft's top two selling games ever. DOES EVERYBODY FORGET ABOUT RAINBOW SIX SIEGE?

Yes that is true but PS4 and Xbox One has got limited number of titles suitable for kids and I think this along with the brand "Lego" is why it has sold to third place, otherwise personally I think it shouldn't even be in the list.

I did play the Beta of wildlands too but I didn't like it. It was very generic shooter and reminded me of GTA (I am simply not a fan of GTA). I preferred Division (still am). It is really a good game, I don't know why are you still trying to chuck the Siege in top list?
Huh, Grand Theft Auto V is still in the Top ten after 3 years oO
msmyth

Same. It's slowly taking over my life X)

My boss doesn't approve of me sitting at my desk playing it. (_;)

So I go sit in the car
I would love to see the actual figures, looking at the UK chart it sold more copies on PS4 than Xbox. It is a very generic mass appeal game.
Andy@XCite

I hope Nier:A does well in the west, Platinum certainly need some good … I hope Nier:A does well in the west, Platinum certainly need some good fortune at the moment.Interesting to see Wildlands do so well especially after people seemed pretty negative about the Beta plus I'm never convinced that betas don't tend to put people off.

Totally agree, I personally thought it wasn't my sort of game after a while with the beta, and seemed to mostly read comments to that effect as well.

I think it's possibly done well because of the 4 player co-op aspect. I think people are willing to ignore some of the failings of the game and just have a laugh with some friends
Nice to see rocket league in there, that game is so good I'm shocked people have waited this long to buy it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants