Found 24th Mar 2009
Which is your favourite? Which is the worst? Should Wesker get his own game ? Do we really need Resident Evil 5 ?

All this and more !

10 Comments

Haha, I have three resident evil games I still ned to complete (Gamecube remake, Zero and RE4). My favourite is probably RE2 - really was a fantastic sequel and added more to the series than the rest have so far. It was also quite a massive game (play from both viewpoints) with loads of extras (TOFU!!!), great bosses and quite creepy. I'm not sure if it has aged well as I sold my PSOne about 5 years ago, and still regret it :'(

I also loved Code Veronica, thought that was more of a sequel than add-on/spin-off as opposed to RE3.

The worst I played was probably the Survivor shooter spin offs. They were fun enough but I prefer the originals. In terms of the actual game series I thought RE3 was the weakest, all it really added was Nemesis and it felt like a rushed money maker.

I'd love a Wesker game, even more so I'd love a mode where you could actually play as some of the enemies (hunters, lickers, tyrants, zombies) a la Left 4 Dead. RE4 seems to be starting a completely new thread with the games, from what I played of RE5 it seems quite similar (though I hate the fact it's cooperative and no more slow zombies - rather be alone surrounded by crawling zombies. In the dark).

Worryingly I have also read most of the novels that were put out at it's height of popularity, and have numerous figures from when I was younger - the tyrants and hunter ones are awesome :oops:

Loved Resident Evil 1 because it was the first game to scare me, I'm not sure if I loved RE1 more or REMake though I would love for them to do another Remake with the over the shoulder view maybe on the current gen or next gen consoles.

Original Poster

bishibashi;4726371

Haha, I have three resident evil games I still ned to complete (Gamecube … Haha, I have three resident evil games I still ned to complete (Gamecube remake, Zero and RE4). My favourite is probably RE2 - really was a fantastic sequel and added more to the series than the rest have so far. It was also quite a massive game (play from both viewpoints) with loads of extras (TOFU!!!), great bosses and quite creepy. I'm not sure if it has aged well as I sold my PSOne about 5 years ago, and still regret it :'( I also loved Code Veronica, thought that was more of a sequel than add-on/spin-off as opposed to RE3.The worst I played was probably the Survivor shooter spin offs. They were fun enough but I prefer the originals. In terms of the actual game series I thought RE3 was the weakest, all it really added was Nemesis and it felt like a rushed money maker.I'd love a Wesker game, even more so I'd love a mode where you could actually play as some of the enemies (hunters, lickers, tyrants, zombies) a la Left 4 Dead. RE4 seems to be starting a completely new thread with the games, from what I played of RE5 it seems quite similar (though I hate the fact it's cooperative and no more slow zombies - rather be alone surrounded by crawling zombies. In the dark).Worryingly I have also read most of the novels that were put out at it's height of popularity, and have numerous figures from when I was younger - the tyrants and hunter ones are awesome :oops:

Off topic im on sam n max at the moment determined to complete but always end having to cheat, then I cant be bothered playing it anymore because ive cheated !

Yes Resident Evil 2 was my favourite for a long time, added a lot more than 1 although the mansion is the classic setting, the remake of 1 is probably the best of them all imo, excellent graphics and just so good for resi geeks to discover new rooms in the mansion. I never got in to 3 myself in fact its the only one I have never completed, you're right it felt rushed and I didnt like the option to have a minigun or that you could dodge half the attacks.

The outbreak games were rubbish but I was watching a retropspective video the other day and they actually look really good online co-op, they were never as bad as the survivor games, I have resi on the Gameboy as well.....dreadful !

Resident Evil 0 is excellent just because its so hard, its a creal challenge although its a bit of a chore going back and forth to pick your gear up it makes it more realistic. I wasnt convinced I was going to like resi 4 but of course its an excellent game, doesnt really feel like a 'real' resi though although now going back and playing the others it feels silly not being able to see in front of yourself.
Id still love to see a couple more games made in the old 'static camera' mode though, perhaps for psp and wouldnt mind a remake of 2 for the wii in the mould of 1 on the Gamecube.

Loved code veronica as well , 3d but didnt go 'too far' with it still stuck to the resi roots, had it on the Dreamcast so not sure ive played code veronica 'x' altohugh I believe it just adds a couple of cutscenes?

Im after buying 0,2,3 and code veronica on GC if you interested in selling any of them or if anyone has them hotukdeals.com/ite…ube

Original Poster

natversion1;4726439

Loved Resident Evil 1 because it was the first game to scare me, I'm not … Loved Resident Evil 1 because it was the first game to scare me, I'm not sure if I loved RE1 more or REMake though I would love for them to do another Remake with the over the shoulder view maybe on the current gen or next gen consoles.

Well 1 is the classic but the remake adds so much more in terms of graphics and longevity, its ok to love both !

iNSOMANiAC;4726568

Well 1 is the classic but the remake adds so much more in terms of … Well 1 is the classic but the remake adds so much more in terms of graphics and longevity, its ok to love both !

"You were almost a Jill sandwhich!" Classic

Finished RE5 yesterday, I was expecting something more epic for the last fight.

Original Poster

natversion1;4726617

"You were almost a Jill sandwhich!" Classic

Best excuse for cowardice ever -

Barry - ''I'll stay here and examine this blood''

Original Poster

Abvance;4726661

Finished RE5 yesterday, I was expecting something more epic for the last … Finished RE5 yesterday, I was expecting something more epic for the last fight.

Looks like quite a good game from the IGN video review but certinainly doesnt look like a resi game, people are moaning 'you should be able to move and shoot' but if you could do that they might as well rename it to something different altogether !

I started playing the remake and thought it was class - not sure why I never finished it. Something for me to do over the next few weeks I guess. I would probably kill for a remake of number 2, that and a Silent Hill do-over would be appreciated if anybody with the power is reading. DO IT. NOW.

You didn't miss much with 3 anyways, like I said Nemesis was the only decent part. And I remember Gaiden too! CV: X just added some cutscenes involving Wesker, with red eyes and kung fu skills. I aint got the first three or CV on GC, sorry - still need to complete the others

As for number 4 I felt that the change was good, but it was quite a departure for the series. I like it but miss the old style. I'm sure it could be done without the static camera and retain other elements but ah well. Supposedly, RE6 is going to be a reboot of the entire franchise - so I guess that could go either way. Hopefully back to ripping off Night Of The Living Dead and Dawn Of The Dead

Original Poster

Just getting my GC collection back up , bought Resi 1 and Code Veronica from CEX and hopefully someone off the forums is getting me brand new copies of 2 and 3 from gamestation , just need zero now, got 4 on Wii so dont need it GC again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Windows 7 reactivation57
    2. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    3. Wireless earphones46
    4. I5 7600k vs i5 740045

See more discussions