Groups
    EXPIRED

Resistance 2 - PS3 - Looking for Best Deal

Can be the PAL or NTSC version I'm not really fussed.
    Ideally looking to spend around £18-25 on it.

Has anybody seen anything around ?

17 Comments

You'll be lucky. You tried gamestracker?

Cheapest I found it for was £33.24 from Play with 5% Discount

£33.18 On pre-order from Lovefilm Shop with 5% Discount [xmas]

£32.99 Shopto.net

I ordered mine a few months ago from gameplay for £29.99 but I think the price has gone up since then.

Anyway good luck getting it any cheaper

Original Poster

Thanks, I thought I might be pushing it a bit, but like I said I'm also happy to buy the NTSC version.

I guess I would pay £30 for it, but I wouldn't really want to go much higher than that if I could help it.

Spark;3574940

Thanks, I thought I might be pushing it a bit, but like I said I'm also … Thanks, I thought I might be pushing it a bit, but like I said I'm also happy to buy the NTSC version. :)I guess I would pay £30 for it, but I wouldn't really want to go much higher than that if I could help it.

then wait a week or two until someone completes it and then get 2nd hand :-)

Happy hunting.

Original Poster

mhh1981;3574978

then wait a week or two until someone completes it and then get 2nd hand … then wait a week or two until someone completes it and then get 2nd hand :-)Happy hunting.

I would do but I think this is one of those games like COD or GOW which a lot of people hang on to for the MP aspect.

Original Poster

So nothing else then really ?

Got mine from Game today!

Ciderbob;3582581

Got mine from Game today!

Incredibly helpful,

How Much? :whistling:

£31.99 in Game I think - it was £35 around a month ago when I ordered but they reduced the price.

Ciderbob;3583450

£31.99 in Game I think - it was £35 around a month ago when I ordered but … £31.99 in Game I think - it was £35 around a month ago when I ordered but they reduced the price.

A few months ago, both GAME & sister Company GamePlay had it listed for £29.99, but as of a minute ago, at ]GAME it is (still) £34.99 with 9% QuidCo & double reward points if you order before the end of today.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

I don't have quidco unfortunately, I looked at setting it up once but it looked a bit too much like hard work.

Spark;3592086

I don't have quidco unfortunately, I looked at setting it up once but it … I don't have quidco unfortunately, I looked at setting it up once but it looked a bit too much like hard work.

The only slightly 'difficult' aspect is paying £5 now to join.

Since I joined the scheme (in November 2006) I have received cashback of over £360.

You can also try Cashbackkings.com as they offer a similar percentage for purchases at GAME.

BFN,

fp.

PS. My pre-order from GAME arrived yesterday (a day before the release to the high street branches).

Original Poster

I think I might actually have an old account, I'll need to look into it, have you played the game yet by the way, how is it ?

Spark;3592509

I think I might actually have an old account, I'll need to look into it, … I think I might actually have an old account, I'll need to look into it, have you played the game yet by the way, how is it ?

I have not opened the game I received yesterday; that's a job for tonight & playing over the weekend.

I was, however, part of the Beta Test team for the online multi-player aspects of the product.

The fact that I bought it on the strength of the test version should probably give you an indication about how well I rate it!

Mind you, I still get enjoyment out of offline multi-player games of "Resistance: Fall of Man" with my three kids on a Saturday afternoon.

If you liked the first title I'm sure you'll love the second.
    If you are new to the franchise, then I hope the story mode will capture your interest, but you need to get online & pit your first person shooter skills against the US & Japanese players who have had the title for almost a month.

They got a three, almost four month headstart on Europe for the first title, so I am certainly keen to even the 'score'

Maybe see you online this weekend...

BFN,

fp.

PS. Both GAME & HMV had "Resistance 2" on the shelves at... £39.99 today!! [Ouch]

I'm also looking for this game for the hubster for Chrimbo. Any other deals on this one going? :?

By the way Spark, loving your avatar - Tori ROCKS!! :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{33
      2. Walker crisps67
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.812
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767536

See more discussions