Found 12th Jan 2008
Do they have a negative/positive flow or are they neutral therefore not mattering which way you place them on a circuit board

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

They don't have a +/- so can go in either way.

Original Poster

thanking you... will leave rep

Very welcome.:)

With most other components the shorter leg is the neg side:thumbsup:

But it's good practice to keep them all the same way round, it makes it easier to read the colour codes.

D00nhamer;1448314

But it's good practice to keep them all the same way round, it makes it … But it's good practice to keep them all the same way round, it makes it easier to read the colour codes.

Good Advice:thumbsup: It can be quite hard to read the PCB if you don't do this.

Fwibble - how you getting on with the soldering?

Original Poster

hey, well erm it might go poof when its done but hey ho... its practice i'm getting better as i'm going along... making little videos of what i'm doing too...

got work at 6 though, so i think i best retire for the evening... hope to get main board done tomorrow

fwibble;1448789

hey, well erm it might go poof when its done but hey ho... its practice … hey, well erm it might go poof when its done but hey ho... its practice i'm getting better as i'm going along... making little videos of what i'm doing too...got work at 6 though, so i think i best retire for the evening... hope to get main board done tomorrow

If you could get some pics up when your done i'd be interested in what layout you have tried on the mainboard:thumbsup:

ryancs;1448929

If you could get some pics up when your done i'd be interested in what … If you could get some pics up when your done i'd be interested in what layout you have tried on the mainboard:thumbsup:

Steady on guys!!

chesso;1449416

Steady on guys!!

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    3. 5am gym crew20137
    4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396

See more discussions