Resize Square Image to Rectangular - without photoshop?

Posted 1st May
Is there a way to resize easily to 2,000 × 1,000 pixels or 2:1 ratio, tried a few ways but they are all saying to crop which I don't want to do.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
deleted1080215
If you don't crop it is going to 'stretch or shrink'.
Retaining original aspect ratio or distorting aspect ratio during reduction all available via freebie Irfanview on PC.
You'll have to crop or have distortion.
Edited by: "rev6" 1st May
AndyRoyd1 h, 46 m ago

Retaining original aspect ratio or distorting aspect ratio during …Retaining original aspect ratio or distorting aspect ratio during reduction all available via freebie Irfanview on PC.

thats what i use for basic viewing/resizing etc - good program
I use phone app.. Image size... Just set size and zoom in and line up.. Takes seconds. Pc is all to difficult
Edited by: "wayners" 1st May
wayners01/05/2019 16:06

I use phone app.. Image size... Just set size and zoom in and line up.. …I use phone app.. Image size... Just set size and zoom in and line up.. Takes seconds. Pc is all to difficult

as avoiding photoshop its probably on pc already - moving to phone to resize? nah
brilly5 m ago

as avoiding photoshop its probably on pc already - moving to phone to …as avoiding photoshop its probably on pc already - moving to phone to resize? nah

No need to move... Use Dropbox.. Move to Dropbox folder which takes 2 seconds... Grab phone and resize and save. By the time you grab the pc mouse it's there ready to print
deleted1293960
Everything is going to appear short and fat. is that really what you are looking for??
No short and fat with app..here is one I've just resized and zoomed in.
37567388-oPFiS.jpg37567388-vWueg.jpg
'Zooming in' is cropping, which he doesn't want to do.

Literally any image editing program will have the ability to resize horizontal and vertical dimensions by different amounts. I've just checked the Windows 10 version of Paint and even that can do it. There's a 'maintain aspect ratio' checkbox in the resize dialogue you need to untick and then just enter 2000 and 1000.
If you change the size of picture you have to zoom in or out. Alternatively it will distort picture as it squashes or stretches to fit.. I've always struggled to do it on pc but can be done. Just not simple to do. My duck is actually a different size to although this site didn't show that
wayners01/05/2019 16:59

If you change the size of picture you have to zoom in or out. …If you change the size of picture you have to zoom in or out. Alternatively it will distort picture as it squashes or stretches to fit.. I've always struggled to do it on pc but can be done. Just not simple to do. My duck is actually a different size to although this site didn't show that

you struggle to resize on pc yet still try to advise...
brilly01/05/2019 17:03

you struggle to resize on pc yet still try to advise...

Oh I could advise by watching YouTube video to remind myself how I used to do it then writing a long list of institutions. I'm sure op could watch YouTube how to but I assumed they wanted an easier way. Its amazing what you can do with photo editing software but to much effort for many simple tasks
wayners35 m ago

Oh I could advise by watching YouTube video to remind myself how I used to …Oh I could advise by watching YouTube video to remind myself how I used to do it then writing a long list of institutions. I'm sure op could watch YouTube how to but I assumed they wanted an easier way. Its amazing what you can do with photo editing software but to much effort for many simple tasks

the reason you think its easier is because you dont know how to do it on pc
forums.vso-software.fr/sea…tml
A complex-ish solution, but the use of "seam carving" allows an image to be stretched or shrunk by increasing or reducing the relatively un-detailed spaces - additionally, certain areas can be painted with markers for keep or remove.

Some other software has this as an option, probably available in a GIMP plugin, for instance
I remember back in the XP days I used something called "windows picture resize power tool". It worked perfectly for resizing lots of photos for one of those electronic photo frames. I think it's this one but there are many options: bricelam.net/Ima…er/

It's handy because it runs in Windows explorer and I believe you can select several photos at once. There are many similar tools if you Google it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions