Groups

Restaurant recommendations - Newcastle area

Hi, can anyone a website that reviews restaurants?

OR

recommend somewhere good to eat in Newcastle city centre. We were thinking either Indian or Italian. Not too cheap but not massively expensive either.

25 Comments

Original Poster

I guess no one knows any sites to look at for reviews?

I am a member ]here and gives impartial reviews

Banned

oh err i take it ya speed dating pulled off then hun, come on spill, how did it go

Oh forgot ]toptable

Original Poster

sassie;3427003

oh err i take it ya speed dating pulled off then hun, come on spill, how … oh err i take it ya speed dating pulled off then hun, come on spill, how did it go

lol no sassie, saddly not. A friend of mine has some family coming up to stay next weekend, They have offered to take both my friend and myself out for the night next Saturday all expenses paid. They have asked us to choose somewhere but my friend hasn't lived in Newcastle all that long so it seems to be up to me to choose somewhere. They are rather well to do but I don't want to take the micky so I'm looking for somewhere nice but not too expensive.

Original Poster

choc1969;3427073

Good reviews for ]The Spice Cube

I have been to the spice cube many times, and yes it's lovely :-D

Banned

bellabonkers;3427172

lol no sassie, saddly not. A friend of mine has some family coming up to … lol no sassie, saddly not. A friend of mine has some family coming up to stay next weekend, They have offered to take both my friend and myself out for the night next Saturday all expenses paid. They have asked us to choose somewhere but my friend hasn't lived in Newcastle all that long so it seems to be up to me to choose somewhere. They are rather well to do but I don't want to take the micky so I'm looking for somewhere nice but not too expensive.

awwww thought i may have needed a new hat - lol

Sorry cant help you out as dont really know any sites, could you not ask people at work for some recommendations or pop area into title so people from your area may be able to recommend

Original Poster

sassie;3427204

awwww thought i may have needed a new hat - lolSorry cant help you out as … awwww thought i may have needed a new hat - lolSorry cant help you out as dont really know any sites, could you not ask people at work for some recommendations or pop area into title so people from your area may be able to recommend

Good Idea sassie. :-D

Banned

bellabonkers;3427237

Good Idea sassie. :-D

ok what colour shall i buy, dont want to clash with the bride

Azzuri is nice its down on the quayside, tad on the expensive side though well i thought so.
    ]http//ww…uk/

Also had quite a few nice meals in marios another italians bit cheaper and do 3 courses for around £10 on a night time, but it is in the Bigg market area so may not be best place for a saturday night lol

Newscastle does have many Indian restrauants as went up there for a few days and didnt have naything decent and food was not that nice!! We ended up going Nando's!! But got to give there is enough talent in Newcastle!!

Simply Greek - Bigg Market

Godfarthers - next to pilgrim street

Metzo or Metzzo? - Jesmond (wasnt as good as previous times last time I went. still good tho)

El Torero - Next to that new bridge that opened recently. (High level bridge?)

Original Poster

Naeem786;3427788

Newscastle does have many Indian restrauants as went up there for a few … Newscastle does have many Indian restrauants as went up there for a few days and didnt have naything decent and food was not that nice!! We ended up going Nando's!! But got to give there is enough talent in Newcastle!!

I can't think of many Indians in the city centre, there are some nice ones in Gosforth and surounds though. I may stick with an old favourite lol
    I'm now thinking Tappas may be nice.

Original Poster

razta;3427805

Simply Greek - Bigg MarketGodfarthers - next to pilgrim streetMetzo or … Simply Greek - Bigg MarketGodfarthers - next to pilgrim streetMetzo or Metzzo? - Jesmond (wasnt as good as previous times last time I went. still good tho)El Torero - Next to that new bridge that opened recently. (High level bridge?)

next to la tasca, the millenium bridge
    aka the blinking eye lol

Wrong type of food I know, but Wok Mania in the Gate was bloody lovely last time I was there :thumbsup:

Never been to La Tasca, heard its a bit pricey. El Torero is a great place. eltorero.co.uk/

Nice scottish restuarant on Northumberland St, Mc somethings. Raj Tandorri on Pudding Chare (bigg market) is nice and there is a decent Italian opposite

Original Poster

razta;3427903

Never been to La Tasca, heard its a bit pricey. El Torero is a great … Never been to La Tasca, heard its a bit pricey. El Torero is a great place. http://www.eltorero.co.uk/

La Tasca is within budget, but I used vouchers last time I went lol. I'll have to look up El Torero. thanks

You got all the resturants in the Gate also, forget whats in there

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;3427930

Nice scottish restuarant on Northumberland St, Mc somethings. Raj … Nice scottish restuarant on Northumberland St, Mc somethings. Raj Tandorri on Pudding Chare (bigg market) is nice and there is a decent Italian opposite

That would be McDonalds then? lol

Thats it, McDonalds. I here they have resturants all over the world

Also Rupali on the Bigg Market, eat his hottest curry and it's free (i done it twice) you used to get your photo on the wall for the feat!

Newcastle has loads of nice places to eat.
    Just check out the quayside and you'll see.
    The Tavistock is nice, but can be pricey.
    Sabatini's is a nice Italians.
    There's the usual chains... wagamama, strada, slug and lettuce, tiger tiger (check out top table for discounts)
    Chinatown is cool if you were up for thai or chinese.

For an Indian... hmmm.
    I have heard that the Raval is good.

There's that silly Indian's with the hottest curry in the bigg market, but really I would keep clear of the bigg market as it well chavvy.

This is a good site for reviews

]http//ww…tre
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!34
      2. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking44
      3. No claims discount proof - Help needed55
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?66

See more discussions