Restore Linx 7 to factory settings

Found 14th May 2015
I have a Linx 7 I am looking to shift due to low / non existent usage.

Does anybody have any idea how to restore it back to factory settings, full clean wipe?

Cheers in advance guys.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
what's a linx?
I'm guessing a tablet if so should be easy enough...just don't know what a linx is lol
turn it off,
press and hold volume - while turning it back on

when it turns on there should be a factory reset option

edit: i think
Edited by: "mug51" 14th May 2015
Settings - Update and Recovery. Choose Recovery and then Remove Everything and reinstall Windows. Should then get two options - Clean the Drive Fully takes a bit longer to do but should wipe it clean to it's factory original state.
mug51

turn it off, press and hold volume - while turning it back onwhen it … turn it off, press and hold volume - while turning it back onwhen it turns on there should be a factory reset optionedit: i think

That doesnt seem to work

redbutcher

Settings - Update and Recovery. Choose Recovery and then Remove … Settings - Update and Recovery. Choose Recovery and then Remove Everything and reinstall Windows. Should then get two options - Clean the Drive Fully takes a bit longer to do but should wipe it clean to it's factory original state.

That seems to be the issue, in Recovery there is only the Advanced Start-Up option with a button titles 'Restart now' but that only gives the option to restore Windows via a system image.
BuzzDuraband

That seems to be the issue, in Recovery there is only the Advanced … That seems to be the issue, in Recovery there is only the Advanced Start-Up option with a button titles 'Restart now' but that only gives the option to restore Windows via a system image.

Hmm - I don't have the tablet so can't really guess what needs to be done, but wonder if this little site might help:- linxtablet.co.uk/
I'd be interested in buying it.. do you have a 'for sale' post?
adam_holcombe

I'd be interested in buying it.. do you have a 'for sale' post?

I will have at some point mate when I can figure out how to clean it
in the Settings-> Update and Recovery you can refresh the device, this will wipe files and send it back to as new state
whingygit

in the Settings- Update and Recovery you can refresh the device, this … in the Settings-> Update and Recovery you can refresh the device, this will wipe files and send it back to as new state

There is only the option to restart it into a safe state which has no touch support.
this no good ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIRrhPpJeG0

seems the menu options you want are invisible, also you're going to need an otg cable and a keyboard (I'm sure you have this right? otherwise should be a £1 or 2 on ebay)
badasschris

this no good ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIRrhPpJeG0seems the menu … this no good ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIRrhPpJeG0seems the menu options you want are invisible, also you're going to need an otg cable and a keyboard (I'm sure you have this right? otherwise should be a £1 or 2 on ebay)

I really appreciate that thank you, worked a treat
BuzzDuraband

I really appreciate that thank you, worked a treat

No problem, I'm glad it worked.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants