Restore Linx 7 to factory settings

Editor 13
Found 14th May 2015
I have a Linx 7 I am looking to shift due to low / non existent usage.

Does anybody have any idea how to restore it back to factory settings, full clean wipe?

Cheers in advance guys.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

what's a linx?
I'm guessing a tablet if so should be easy enough...just don't know what a linx is lol

turn it off,
press and hold volume - while turning it back on

when it turns on there should be a factory reset option

edit: i think
Edited by: "mug51" 14th May 2015

Settings - Update and Recovery. Choose Recovery and then Remove Everything and reinstall Windows. Should then get two options - Clean the Drive Fully takes a bit longer to do but should wipe it clean to it's factory original state.

Original Poster Editor

mug51

turn it off, press and hold volume - while turning it back onwhen it … turn it off, press and hold volume - while turning it back onwhen it turns on there should be a factory reset optionedit: i think

That doesnt seem to work

redbutcher

Settings - Update and Recovery. Choose Recovery and then Remove … Settings - Update and Recovery. Choose Recovery and then Remove Everything and reinstall Windows. Should then get two options - Clean the Drive Fully takes a bit longer to do but should wipe it clean to it's factory original state.

That seems to be the issue, in Recovery there is only the Advanced Start-Up option with a button titles 'Restart now' but that only gives the option to restore Windows via a system image.

BuzzDuraband

That seems to be the issue, in Recovery there is only the Advanced … That seems to be the issue, in Recovery there is only the Advanced Start-Up option with a button titles 'Restart now' but that only gives the option to restore Windows via a system image.

Hmm - I don't have the tablet so can't really guess what needs to be done, but wonder if this little site might help:- linxtablet.co.uk/

I'd be interested in buying it.. do you have a 'for sale' post?

Original Poster Editor

adam_holcombe

I'd be interested in buying it.. do you have a 'for sale' post?

I will have at some point mate when I can figure out how to clean it

in the Settings-> Update and Recovery you can refresh the device, this will wipe files and send it back to as new state

Original Poster Editor

whingygit

in the Settings- Update and Recovery you can refresh the device, this … in the Settings-> Update and Recovery you can refresh the device, this will wipe files and send it back to as new state

There is only the option to restart it into a safe state which has no touch support.

this no good ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIRrhPpJeG0

seems the menu options you want are invisible, also you're going to need an otg cable and a keyboard (I'm sure you have this right? otherwise should be a £1 or 2 on ebay)

Original Poster Editor

badasschris

this no good ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIRrhPpJeG0seems the menu … this no good ?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIRrhPpJeG0seems the menu options you want are invisible, also you're going to need an otg cable and a keyboard (I'm sure you have this right? otherwise should be a £1 or 2 on ebay)

I really appreciate that thank you, worked a treat

BuzzDuraband

I really appreciate that thank you, worked a treat

No problem, I'm glad it worked.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants