Groups

Retail stores and retarded customers . .

23 Comments

Nice one Dark Shadow - for an awful moment whilst I was reading that I thought that maybe your managers were going to give in to the rude customers! Glad they got what they deserved - nothing!!! hahaha

Banned

yep sometimes members of the public can be difficult sometimes they are being rude to you and you want to be rude back but at least you kept your cool, lets hope you have a better day next time :thumbsup:

change job. Looks like your not cut out for retail.

Welcome to the start of the heat wave and hot tempers

I can guarantee you every retail store will end up with more ***** like him on average over the month of August than they will have had over the month of July, this year at least

stora

change job. Looks like your not cut out for retail.

Agreed.

I've often got misprices because an item has been put in the wrong place, I'd only have a go if there was more that 5 or so in the same place and its obvious someone didn't just pick it up and place it there.

Iom-RF

Agreed.I've often got misprices because an item has been put in the wrong … Agreed.I've often got misprices because an item has been put in the wrong place, I'd only have a go if there was more that 5 or so in the same place and its obvious someone didn't just pick it up and place it there.

Yup. Its illegal to not display the price of an item (trading standards). But what the price on the shelf indicates to the customer, and corresponds as the correct product. It must be sold at that price. (trading standards again).

Not the best thread title really. :roll:

Syzable

Not the best thread title really. :roll:

And angry person. Dealing with the public isn't always a fun job though, espically if your busy place.

I've once had a customer ranting at me in B&Q about how long he was waiting at the tills.

I was servicing a till and just because I wear a shirt and tie he presumed I was the manager.

Should have seen his embarasment when the girl on the till told him I don't work there. :giggle:

I made an excuse that I needed something from my car and followed him out of the shop just to rub it in a bit more. :whistling:

Banned

jamesterror

Yup. Its illegal to not display the price of an item (trading standards). … Yup. Its illegal to not display the price of an item (trading standards). But what the price on the shelf indicates to the customer, and corresponds as the correct product. It must be sold at that price. (trading standards again).

actually i dont think it is against the law, I think its something like an 'invitation to treat' google it :thumbsup:

EDIT: ]linky

Banned

People who rant over an incorrect price due to a misplaced item are annoying, they know the price is wrong. I always double check the labels if something seem to good to be true. The store can just say that is the correct price and I'm not selling it to you at anything else. Simple as that.

If you are polite though and genuinely think they have made a mistake, even if they haven't and something has been put in the worng place, then it is likely that they will say you can have it at the lower price.

Treat others as you expect to be treated yourself. It gets you further in life.

jamesterror

Yup. Its illegal to not display the price of an item (trading standards). … Yup. Its illegal to not display the price of an item (trading standards). But what the price on the shelf indicates to the customer, and corresponds as the correct product. It must be sold at that price. (trading standards again).

Well its normally at the digression of the shop staff, But when you go through all the different laws it falls against, etc they soon get bored and want you out of the shop!! :giggle:

I'm not aggressive though, Infact the opposite, I try my luck and i'm polite, Which helps!

It doesn't matter if you work in retail or not though, Every job your in you'll come across idiots, All part of learning!

Banned

Prissymiss

Treat others as you expect to be treated yourself. It gets you further … Treat others as you expect to be treated yourself. It gets you further in life.

sure does:thumbsup: also nobody ever complains when I scan an item and its cheaper than the marked price, funny that

Banned

hothothot

sure does:thumbsup: also nobody ever complains when I scan an item and … sure does:thumbsup: also nobody ever complains when I scan an item and its cheaper than the marked price, funny that

Its like when I go to tesco, one of the men likes me so if hes on the till I go to him, he takes loads of coupons, even out of date ones. Last week a shop of over £30 came to just over nine by the time I paid. Plus, if things dont scan at all, when you have alot of shopping, you never complain.

Last month I had some delivered and the price changed the night before on some items. Someone rang me back and asked what the difference was, I said about £8, he said he would refund it and to ring him in future. When I checked a few days later, he had put back over £30.

Works for me:thumbsup:

Banned

haha nice guy

not entirely true that being loud and kicking up a fuss gets u nowhere

i witnessed a guy wanting to return something to comet which comets return policy is if its opened and used no returns.

So now this guy kicks up a whole fuss and starts mouthing off, everyone in the store (workers) witnesses this

result: he got his refund

the cheek of it he stayed behind and starting talking and laughing with another sales assistant and his friend how he knew the store policy but still went ahead and recorded a short clip on the camera using the mini DVD LOLOLOL

vice versa ive seen people being very polite and friendly kindly ask for a refund but getting nowhere, they are probably then too scared, cant be arsed whatever to get worked up so they just leave with the product

result: uve got something u dont want:thumbsup:

I depends how i'm spoken to usually, If its more of a "**** off" attitude then I remain as polite as possible just to pee them off!, lol!

Oh my god, that was me in the shop and no, it wasn't about the £4, it was the principle that you wouldn't stay true to your word and do you think i care that you go boxing?
    I still would of kicked your lanky a..... wait a second, that's not me. hehe

Sorry, i couldn't resist playing along but i agree, it's completely annoying that someone is willing to embarrass themselves for the sake of a few quid but unfortunately, that's part of working in retail.

The worst one is when you've noticed you've been overcharged and they go through a long winded process to findout basic details but it seems my small local sainsburys does it nearly every time i go there but it's as if they either hope you won't notice or if you do, they hope you won't be willing to say anything because they'll go out of there way to embarrass you.

It's also annoying that they've been steadily increasing the price of Sainbury's concentrated pure Orange Juice from 39p to 94p in less than a year, when i drink so much of it.

Funniest one with me was when I had a faulty PS2 3 and a half years ago, despite being new it got DRE's and the rumble was dead, and it wasnt the pad as it worked on both my PS1's and my friends PS2.

Took it back was polite and was told he didnt believe me as I didnt seem bothered and wasnt making a big deal and moaning at him! which is what he would do.

left and complained and went back in a week later to have the guy apologise and follow me to front of store after he changed it around still apologising

I have my doubts about the suitability of the OP working in retail, calling customers " retarded " speaks volumes about the OP.

I have my doubts about the suitability of the OP working in retail, … I have my doubts about the suitability of the OP working in retail, calling customers " retarded " speaks volumes about the OP.

Dont start me off after the Mario Party 8 debacle!

I didnt like that comment too, I see it as misinformed to say

I could never work in retail shops it would do my nut in lol.
    Work in a bookies, lot easier since they all know theres no chance of a refund lol.

Whoever thought up the "customer is always right" was obviously management, as its generally a pile of mince.

The General Public as a whole, often knows less than it thinks about a variety of subjects.
    But when they go into complain, its assumed they will know everything and will get anything done to set it right, even if its their own fault.

The fact they shop Retail, is evidence enough.
    High street shops are always more expensive than Internet shopping.
    High Street shopping is essentially, try before you buy it online now.
    People that pay £15 for DVD's or £50 for Games are weird, and ive not met a person that bought an LCD TV retail for a ridiculous price, that knew what to do with it.
    Bet they're back in to complain though.

Anyway change jobs, or stay away from the nail-guns on your bad days ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap northface alternatives?22
      2. grown ups go free kellogs22
      3. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?711
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?35

See more discussions