Retention deal! Virgin media, 200mb broadband and weekend calls for £37

Posted 9th Jun 2020
Today I called up Virgin Media to cancel the contract because I was paying £37 before for 100mb broadband, weekend calls and standard tv.
They offered £44 for the same intially which is absurd. I called them back after finding BT were offering Full Fibre 100 (150mb speed max) for £39.99 and said I wanted to switch. They came back for 200mb broadband and weekend calls for £37 (I didn't want tv, never used it... Freeview is enough)
They offered the discount on my plan for 18 months but the contract was for 12months so I'd have 6 months after at the same price and freedom to leave.
Hope this helps someone haggle their way to a better deal.
Community Updates
20 Comments
Paying £24 for 100mb, plenty fast enough to run 4 users at the same time. Always makes me laugh when you call Virgin that they tell you need more mb
That's a bargain. What I probably paid when i first joined them.
I really hope they find a way to combat these retention deals. While I’m up for saving money. Any price you consider is ‘absurb’ when you compare it to INTRODUCTORY OFFERS. I’m sure their prices would spike too. People are starting to really take the
Edited by: "Zero.Chill" 9th Jun
Azwipe09/06/2020 22:08

Paying £24 for 100mb, plenty fast enough to run 4 users at the same time. …Paying £24 for 100mb, plenty fast enough to run 4 users at the same time. Always makes me laugh when you call Virgin that they tell you need more mb

Depends what you use it for, if your constantly downloading big files such as Xbox one games then the faster the better but if it’s for general use 100mbps is great
I agree, 100mb is plentiful for most of us. Just didn't want standard fibre where i won't be getting the maximum all the time. If i got 63mb most of the time then the cheaper than virgin prices are worth it. But virgin has been solid over the last few years but i have settle for these stupid price hikes sometimes.
I'm now paying £24/month for 100mb & anytime landline. No TV required
Zero.Chill09/06/2020 22:17

I really hope they find a way to combat these retention deals. While I’m u …I really hope they find a way to combat these retention deals. While I’m up for saving money. Any price you consider is ‘absurb’ when you compare it to INTRODUCTORY OFFERS. I’m sure their prices would spike too. People are starting to really take the

People don't set the prices
Arto09/06/2020 22:28

Depends what you use it for, if your constantly downloading big files such …Depends what you use it for, if your constantly downloading big files such as Xbox one games then the faster the better but if it’s for general use 100mbps is great

100Mbps is enough for even constantly downloading games, just let it run overnight or when people are out lol.
I am on the 200mb, but am having to reset my router every few days to get back to that speed, anyone have idea why am having this problem? I have the hub 3.
£20 for 200 BB only here just before the lockdown.
Munch198110/06/2020 03:10

I am on the 200mb, but am having to reset my router every few days to get …I am on the 200mb, but am having to reset my router every few days to get back to that speed, anyone have idea why am having this problem? I have the hub 3.

Call them up and tell the it’s getting hot, they will send you a new one, but no guarantee speeds will be as good as the old one. Don’t ask had three routers in the last two weeks all with issues.
Edited by: "eslick" 10th Jun
I pay 39 for 350 meg and a 15 gig Sim. It’s meant to be 5 but on the app it shows my allowance as 15 for some reason.

Depends what you use it for, if your constantly downloading big files such …Depends what you use it for, if your constantly downloading big files such as Xbox one games then the faster the better but if it’s for general use 100mbps is great

Wrong, I have 200mb family of 4, multiple devices always on, xbox’s and pc’s installing games Netflix playing. When I put a mesh system in it only had a 100mb pass through (I should of checked) but I’m running it all on a 100mb and no difference at all to the 200mb. Better over WiFi as the mesh is more stable, over wired on a speed test I notice but actual downloads I don’t as you have to take into account the servers your downloading from.

i will lower my speed to 100mb when contracts up...
Munch198110/06/2020 03:10

I am on the 200mb, but am having to reset my router every few days to get …I am on the 200mb, but am having to reset my router every few days to get back to that speed, anyone have idea why am having this problem? I have the hub 3.

The only reason I use my one is to use the ethernet. I disabled the wifi on it and now use whole home wifi solutions and it's worth the investment, it really does not drop

PC, tablets, 4K Android TV, 3x PS4 pro, 2x Xbox One S, NIntendo Switch, 4 ipads. Obviously not everything is connected at the same time but 4 devices at once is pretty common and we don't have any issues.
Paying £27 from the last 4 years as retention for 200 MB BB only.
Paying £28.50 for 100mb b/b .Going to give 30 days notice as I want it down to £20.
Have heard rumours outbound isn’t running at the moment. Any recent success? Mines due now
trafford227/06/2020 12:07

Have heard rumours outbound isn’t running at the moment. Any recent s …Have heard rumours outbound isn’t running at the moment. Any recent success? Mines due now

I haven't got any call yet aswl
A_H202008/07/2020 12:58

I haven't got any call yet aswl

I put my cancellation in and got a call 2 days later. £49pm for 200mb and the full tv package
Post a comment
@
    Text