Groups

retrieving xp coa number

OK a cable was hanging over my pc case which caught the cats attention and in his playful "clawing it's eyes out" routine he has shredded the windows xp coa on the side of said PC case, still mostly visible apart from 2 blocks of characters.
    Remember seeing a few utils for retrieving xp coa number from windows registry anyone recommend one they have tested?

8 Comments

Belarc maybe or something like magic jelly bean

Hi
    Search for something called XPPID that should sort you out :thumbsup:

I use ]ProduKey as it also lists more than just the OS key.

Banned

if you have word or excel (2003 or earlier). just click on HELP then ABOUT to reveal the COA.

csiman;3073464

if you have word or excel (2003 or earlier). just click on HELP then … if you have word or excel (2003 or earlier). just click on HELP then ABOUT to reveal the COA.

That gives you the product ID, not the CoA.

Banned

Xb0xGuru;3073524

That gives you the product ID, not the CoA.

It gives you the serial number. I have always used that for a reinstall and works fine. we're talking XP here, not vista which does things different now.

csiman;3073688

It gives you the serial number. I have always used that for a reinstall … It gives you the serial number. I have always used that for a reinstall and works fine. we're talking XP here, not vista which does things different now.

Ok - where exactly? The 'about' page on excel or word 2003 gives the product ID for me. I'm talking XP too - I hardly use Vista! You got a screenshot (obviously blur out part of the serial number)?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31141
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246

See more discussions