Retro City Rampage DX (Switch) Gets a Physical Limited Release

Found 5th Oct 2017Edited by:"mixmixi"
Celebrating Retro City Rampage's 5th anniversary, I'm excited to finally be able to announce that Retro City Rampage DX will be getting a Nintendo Switch retail release this month!

Self-published by Vblank Entertainment, the limited Collector's Edition includes a cartridge, manual, soundtrack, keychain, and 3D glasses -- plus a fully reversible cover!

Pre-orders go live Monday, October 9th at 9am PT / 12pm ET right here at vblank.com. Orders ship later this month.

Subscribe to product alerts to get notified when it (and future releases) go on sale.

This limited Collector's Edition comes in at $44.99, with a Standard Edition also available for $29.99.

‘Retro City Rampage DX’ is also available digitally, right now on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

RCR:DX takes the open world crime genre and re-envisions it in 8-BIT, fusing the old with the new. Jump on civilians for coins while stealing cars and outrunning the law; complete story missions, play arcade challenges, or just explore the world. It's not just a run-n-gun though, many missions require strategy -- so choose the right weapons, jump, stomp, and dodge... and if you need an extra hand, grab a power-up!

MORE MERCH!Retro City Rampage buttons will also be available, kicking off a wave of more Retro City Rampage (and Shakedown: Hawaii!) merch to come. The complete set of 10 comes in at at $7.99, with a single set of 5 priced at $4.99.

Community Updates
Misc
42 Comments
Wow wasn't expecting this, thanks for the heads up Mix!
So whats the 3D glasses for?
Original Poster
malnuman27 m ago

So whats the 3D glasses for?

I’m not sure mate but it’s coming as part of CE. But the normal edition which is priced at just under $30 is pretty damn good for such a game on Switch. Bearing in mind it’s a preorder, Switch tax has not been taken into account at all. PS4 version of this game goes around £50 on eBay and the vita version even more...
Thanks, looked it up on YouTube, yeah looks a good deal, but I got a lot of games on my Switch "must buy" list, got more switch games this past month than I have in past year on my PS4!
Will the standard edition be limited to only so many copies? Is it postage from the U.S.?
Original Poster
dr_spaceman6th Oct 2017

Will the standard edition be limited to only so many copies? Is it postage …Will the standard edition be limited to only so many copies? Is it postage from the U.S.?

Yes. I have made purchases from vblank in the past. They’re the publisher of game and what they release is in small numbers for physical releases. I have the PS4 version of this from them as well as physical version of Guacamelee. Both sold out in less than a couple of hours.
Great, I can pretend I'm back on my Amiga 1200 but its 2017.
Edited by: "groenleader" 6th Oct 2017
mixmixi7 h, 57 m ago

Yes. I have made purchases from vblank in the past. They’re the publisher o …Yes. I have made purchases from vblank in the past. They’re the publisher of game and what they release is in small numbers for physical releases. I have the PS4 version of this from them as well as physical version of Guacamelee. Both sold out in less than a couple of hours.

What is the postage like to the UK? Will it sell out really quickly? I like collecting Nintendo games so thanks for the heads up
Original Poster
dr_spaceman6th Oct 2017

What is the postage like to the UK? Will it sell out really quickly? I …What is the postage like to the UK? Will it sell out really quickly? I like collecting Nintendo games so thanks for the heads up

$16 via UPS. Crazy, init? it take 3-4 days to arrive. I cannot comment about this one. BUT, Guacamelee sold out in a few hours, PS4 version of this too. Bear in mind, this is somehow first time Switch is getting a limited release game.
Just working out where to buy a switch from currently as decided to get off the fence... this looks like a must have

if I can get one!
mixmixi2 h, 45 m ago

$16 via UPS. Crazy, init? it take 3-4 days to arrive. I …$16 via UPS. Crazy, init? it take 3-4 days to arrive. I cannot comment about this one. BUT, Guacamelee sold out in a few hours, PS4 version of this too. Bear in mind, this is somehow first time Switch is getting a limited release game.

So just over £35 in total for the standard edition. I have over the weekend to think about it but it would be cool to own a limited release Nintendo game
Is this limited release?Can;t see anything about it on the site.
Makes it sound like it's not a limited release.
Original Poster
teh.arn12 m ago

Is this limited release?Can;t see anything about it on the site.Makes it …Is this limited release?Can;t see anything about it on the site.Makes it sound like it's not a limited release.

Find another retailer who is taking preorders then.
mixmixi17 m ago

Find another retailer who is taking preorders then.

Just limited in terms of who is selling it, or limited in terms of numbers of units available to sell?If it's the former it's a bit misleading.
Original Poster
teh.arn28 m ago

Just limited in terms of who is selling it, or limited in terms of numbers …Just limited in terms of who is selling it, or limited in terms of numbers of units available to sell?If it's the former it's a bit misleading.

I’m not misleading anyone! If you read the description you can understand its being released by Vblank who is the publisher of game not Nintendo! I don’t know how many they’ll release otherwise I’d have mentioned in the post! I however mentioned the PS4 version and Guacamelee which was released by them sold out in hours. You can also look on their website, everything they’ve got for sale has sold out. Please don’t argue over nothing! I just wanted to give a heads up as to best of my knowledge! I’m not the publisher!
Just ordered my switch so this is noe very much on my list!
Original Poster
joanddan712 m ago

Just ordered my switch so this is noe very much on my list!

Congrats for Switch.
Edited by: "mixmixi" 7th Oct 2017
mixmixi1 h, 21 m ago

I’m not misleading anyone! If you read the description you can understand i …I’m not misleading anyone! If you read the description you can understand its being released by Vblank who is the publisher of game not Nintendo! I don’t know how many they’ll release otherwise I’d have mentioned in the post! I however mentioned the PS4 version and Guacamelee which was released by them sold out in hours. You can also look on their website, everything they’ve got for sale has sold out. Please don’t argue over nothing! I just wanted to give a heads up as to best of my knowledge! I’m not the publisher!

"Retro City Rampage DX (Switch) Gets a Physical Limited Release"

That would lead people to believe that it's limited in quantity.....

I'm not the one arguing, I asked a question then you went all defensive over nothing.
mixmixi8 m ago

Congrats for Switch.

Been on fence for ages and in the "do I need one" holding position...
I decided I didn't need one...
so I bought one!

Still seriously lacking in games but the list is improving...

playing mario kart on the snes mini convinced me I wanted the lastest Mario kart.

Just trying to work work out which games I want now. I've pre ordered 3 and bought 5... which isn't a bad start but I do like to mix my games up

it needs a good driving game.
Original Poster
teh.arn9 m ago

"Retro City Rampage DX (Switch) Gets a Physical Limited Release" That …"Retro City Rampage DX (Switch) Gets a Physical Limited Release" That would lead people to believe that it's limited in quantity.....I'm not the one arguing, I asked a question then you went all defensive over nothing.

I wouldn’t call that a question. You were just saying I’m misleading people. Did you just read the title or the description? Both Guacamelee and PS4 versions were released for 5000 copies worldwide if I’m not mistaken (I’m sure about Guacamelee). I put the news up here, if you’re curious about how limited it is, you may contact Vblank. The news for release was briefly published the day I put this up and that’s all copy and paste from the newsletter I received.

That all aside, when a game is being distributed from only a single place, what do you call it? As I said find another retailer who is taking preorder before accusing me for misleading.
Edited by: "mixmixi" 7th Oct 2017
mixmixi1 m ago

I wouldn’t call that a question. You were just saying I’m misleading peo …I wouldn’t call that a question. You were just saying I’m misleading people. Did you just read the title or the description? Both Guacamelee and PS4 versions were released for 5000 copies worldwide if I’m not mistaken (I’m sure about Guacamelee). I put the news up here, if you’re curious about how limited it is, you may contact Vblank. The news for release was briefly published the day I put this up and that’s all copy and paste from the newsletter I received.

The question was literally in the first comment you replied to........
Original Poster
teh.arn3 m ago

The question was literally in the first comment you replied to........

As well as accusing for misleading! Come on pal, I’m not a child. I tried to help. Do yourself a favour and search on google and eBay.
joanddan759 m ago

Been on fence for ages and in the "do I need one" holding position...I …Been on fence for ages and in the "do I need one" holding position...I decided I didn't need one...so I bought one! Still seriously lacking in games but the list is improving... playing mario kart on the snes mini convinced me I wanted the lastest Mario kart. Just trying to work work out which games I want now. I've pre ordered 3 and bought 5... which isn't a bad start but I do like to mix my games up it needs a good driving game.

Gear.Club Unlimited is coming on 1, December...

Plenty more during 2017 & 2018...
dr_spaceman7th Oct 2017

Gear.Club Unlimited is coming on 1, December...[Video] Plenty more during …Gear.Club Unlimited is coming on 1, December...[Video] Plenty more during 2017 & 2018...[Video]

Gear Club looks amazing first time I've seen that... the ridge racer/Daytona clone looks good... the wave race one looks good as does the Snow mobile one... that's a nice little list! Will keep me busy.
mixmixi20 h, 54 m ago

As well as accusing for misleading! Come on pal, I’m not a child. I tried t …As well as accusing for misleading! Come on pal, I’m not a child. I tried to help. Do yourself a favour and search on google and eBay.

You clearly didn't read the first comment then, did you?

Here it is for you:

Is this limited release?Can;t see anything about it on the site.
Makes it sound like it's not a limited release.
Original Poster
teh.arn41 m ago

You clearly didn't read the first comment then, did you?Here it is for …You clearly didn't read the first comment then, did you?Here it is for you:Is this limited release?Can;t see anything about it on the site.Makes it sound like it's not a limited release.

Have a good day.
Original Poster
teh.arn2 m ago

I'm glad you agree.

Yeah I agree, it’s a good day. So have a good day.
Original Poster
teh.arn8th Oct

I'm glad you agree.

Mr Troll,

Just wanted to update you all copies of Retro City which were published in LIMITED quantity sold out the other day. Have a LIMITED weekend.

LIMITED regards
mixmixi4 h, 58 m ago

Mr Troll, Just wanted to update you all copies of Retro City which were …Mr Troll, Just wanted to update you all copies of Retro City which were published in LIMITED quantity sold out the other day. Have a LIMITED weekend.LIMITED regards

What are you talking about?
I never said that it wasn't.

You've got a screw loose. . . .
Original Poster
teh.arn4 m ago

What are you talking about?I never said that it wasn't.You've got a screw …What are you talking about?I never said that it wasn't.You've got a screw loose. . . .

Yes you did. Unless you do not understand what you say when you are talking.

teh.arn7th Oct

"Retro City Rampage DX (Switch) Gets a Physical Limited Release" That …"Retro City Rampage DX (Switch) Gets a Physical Limited Release" That would lead people to believe that it's limited in quantity

mixmixi8 h, 7 m ago

Yes you did. Unless you do not understand what you say when you are …Yes you did. Unless you do not understand what you say when you are talking.

Where did I say that?
Is English not your first language? Genuine question.
Original Poster
teh.arn3 m ago

Where did I say that? Is English not your first language? Genuine question.

Read above comment.
mixmixi9 h, 29 m ago

Read above comment.

I read the above, nowhere do I state that this isn't limited edition.

You're clearly not a smart man.....
Original Poster
teh.arn16 m ago

I read the above, nowhere do I state that this isn't limited …I read the above, nowhere do I state that this isn't limited edition.You're clearly not a smart man.....

Read again. You try insulting me with every comment you leave, yet seems having difficulty understanding yourself. Read again, troll.
mixmixi40 m ago

Read again. You try insulting me with every comment you leave, yet seems …Read again. You try insulting me with every comment you leave, yet seems having difficulty understanding yourself. Read again, troll.

I never said what you're claiming I said, you seem to have trouble understanding.
Read the comments again, what did I say?
You still seem to be a bit hurt over nothing. No idea why.
Original Poster
teh.arn25 m ago

I never said what you're claiming I said, you seem to have trouble …I never said what you're claiming I said, you seem to have trouble understanding. Read the comments again, what did I say?You still seem to be a bit hurt over nothing. No idea why.

You said my title is misleading before allowing me answer your question. You can’t just accuse people and walk out and pretend nothings happened and if they chased you, call them up stupid. Learn a bit of manners. If you ask a question and want a proper answer and you don’t get it, that’s because you’re doing something wrong, so come back and read again.
mixmixi1 h, 34 m ago

You said my title is misleading before allowing me answer your question. …You said my title is misleading before allowing me answer your question. You can’t just accuse people and walk out and pretend nothings happened and if they chased you, call them up stupid. Learn a bit of manners. If you ask a question and want a proper answer and you don’t get it, that’s because you’re doing something wrong, so come back and read again.

Here's the direct quote because you seem to be having issues understanding it. I'll break it down for you.

"Just limited in terms of who is selling it, or limited in terms of numbers of units available to sell?If it's the former it's a bit misleading."

If this item was limited in terms of where you could get it from e.g. one retailer, and they called it limited because it was limited to one location, then it would have been misleading.

I stated that if it was that, then the title would have been misleading, which it would have.

I never stated that it wasn't limited in quantity or that you were misleading people over the limited availability of it.

I stated that I couldn't see anywhere on the site that said that it was limited to a certain quantity.
You responded stating that I should look at the site, which I did, then you said something along the lines of "Well the last few were limited, so this must be too".

So you said that it was limited in quantity with little to no proof.

I never disagreed with you or called you a liar, I simply asked if it actually was (There were no numbers posted on the site from what I could see), then you got all butthurt over some one questioning something you posted online and went into some crazy attack mode, trying to defend the honour of your post or something.

Does that make sense?

I can't dumb it down anymore.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 14th Oct 2017
mixmixi13th Oct

Mr Troll, Just wanted to update you all copies of Retro City which were …Mr Troll, Just wanted to update you all copies of Retro City which were published in LIMITED quantity sold out the other day. Have a LIMITED weekend.LIMITED regards

"The Standard Edition is also currently sold out, but more may be produced in the future. Subscribe to Product Alerts for notifications."

Doesn't look like the game itself is actually limited. They'll most likely make more in the future, which is why they never stated "Limited to 3000 copies" like they have with the other games they've produced.
Original Poster
teh.arn11 m ago

Here's the direct quote because you seem to be having issues understanding …Here's the direct quote because you seem to be having issues understanding it. I'll break it down for you."Just limited in terms of who is selling it, or limited in terms of numbers of units available to sell?If it's the former it's a bit misleading."If this item was limited in terms of where you could get it from e.g. one retailer, and they called it limited because it was limited to one location, then it would have been misleading.I stated that if it was that, then the title would have been misleading, which it would have.I never stated that it wasn't limited in quantity or that you were misleading people over the limited availability of it.I stated that I couldn't see anywhere on the site that said that it was limited to a certain quantity.You responded stating that I should look at the site, which I did, then you said something along the lines of "Well the last few were limited, so this must be too".So you said that it was limited in quantity with little to no proof.I never disagreed with you or called you a liar, I simply asked if it actually was (There were no numbers posted on the site from what I could see), then you got all butthurt over some one questioning something you posted online and went into some crazy attack mode, trying to defend the honour of your post or something.Does that make sense?I can't dumb it down anymore.

You’re very confident. Keep your explanations to yourself. All I’m saying is your tone was/is insulting. With every single comment you leave, you’re just trying to insult me. It seems that’s part of your personality or maybe the way you’ve been raised. Seems I’m trying to put a nail in a hard rock, it’s not going to make you understand apparently. You simply are rude and ignorant.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants