RetroPie Controller issue

Found 2nd Mar
I acquired "Retro Pie Complete Installation Pack – 64GB – DrMaxwell" and I'm having difficulty getting controllers to work in game.

I've looked at many guides and attempted for what feels like an age.

Any help is appreciated.
Community Updates
AskGaming
13 Comments
Can you navigate the main menu with a pad ? Or is it retroarch causing problems ?
Yeah can navigate menus
fwibble2 m ago

Yeah can navigate menus

You need to open retroarch config to set up your pad. I use a wireless 360 pad so it was an easy setup but it depends on the pad mostly.
kester7638 m ago

You need to open retroarch config to set up your pad. I use a wireless 360 …You need to open retroarch config to set up your pad. I use a wireless 360 pad so it was an easy setup but it depends on the pad mostly.

Lets say I can't navigate the menus... I think its the build I've got... And the fact I don't know what I'm doing
You won't be able to as you need to setup retropie, emustation and retroarch.
I'm in the commands section where you do all the sudo jazz...

Have been able to add controller to it before... But been on that many sodding links. I don't know what I'm doing...
kester7631 m ago

You won't be able to as you need to setup retropie, emustation and …You won't be able to as you need to setup retropie, emustation and retroarch.

I've got the controller to work in the menus.

But when I select retroArch I can't do anything
I think it's a separate menu. What controller are you using ?
A USB SNES controller
kester7638 m ago

Like one of these ?https://retropie.org.uk/docs/8Bitdo-Controller/

Na, they're far swankier than what I have, these are just cheap and nasty USB SNES controllers...

My head is banging at the moment.

Thanks for the ongoing help
Do you have a spare Xbox controller you can plug in to check it’s working?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants