Expired

Return a crap TV to VERY under SOGA?

Found 2nd Apr 2014
Hello,

some one i know has bought a really bad TV (JMB) from very that was also way overpriced..

i want to help them return it but knowing VERY i have heard they can be bad at returns under SOGA? 7 day cooling off etc..

they received it few days ago and want it return it. am i entitled to free returns under the sale of goods act? the box and TV has obviously been opened but should that be an issue?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
so you bought a crap tv and payed too much? Tough luck really if you've opened it, should have researched
How much was it?
The Distance Selling Regulations should cover them if it's inside 7 days. You have a right to get it out of the box and test it and still return it if you don't like it.
Bought in a shop? Not faulty? AFAIK you're stuck with it dude.
If you returned it and let them know you have under Distance Seller Regulations, you can get you money back for them item. Has to be within 8 working days though.
no online, within 7 days, from very.

and it was £300.

thanks fozzeh. i wonder how it will end
Bought a JMB from littlewoods a few weeks ago & the screen flipped upside down! oO Took it back & they refunded with no complaints, known fault apparently.
jackvdbuk

no online, within 7 days, from very. and it was £300.thanks fozzeh. i … no online, within 7 days, from very. and it was £300.thanks fozzeh. i wonder how it will end

Pretty sure you can return if it isas new if it is inside the 7 day period but you will be responsible for returning it they will not collect it from you and you will pay the costs.
You will pay the costs and likely a restocking fee. And you have to have initiated the return within 7 days. Good luck
From online is different. I'm sure the title didn't say very earlier.
jackvdbuk

no online, within 7 days, from very. and it was £300.thanks fozzeh. i … no online, within 7 days, from very. and it was £300.thanks fozzeh. i wonder how it will end

You will get your money back within 30 days (excluding return costs). If not, you start to issue a claim against them via the courts.

tomwatts

You will pay the costs and likely a restocking fee. And you have to have … You will pay the costs and likely a restocking fee. And you have to have initiated the return within 7 days. Good luck

Restocking fee is not legal I believe

Derby_Lad

From online is different. I'm sure the title didn't say very earlier.

Said Very at the beginning of it all
VERY RETURNS

Your Right To Cancel Your Order under Distance Selling Regulations

For most items, you have the legal right to cancel your order within 7 working days of receipt. However this right does not apply to personalised products, perishable goods and audio & video recordings and computer software which has been opened. if you wish to cancel using this right, you need to inform us in writing within 7 working days, starting the day after you received the goods. You must also take reasonable care of the goods and return them to us or make them available for collection. We will not consider that you have taken reasonable care of the goods if they have been used in a way, or to an extent, beyond what would be reasonable when examining them in a shop before purchase. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us, including the collection cost, if you cancel under Distance Selling Regulations.
VERY 28 Day Approval Guarantee

We will replace or refund most items provided they are returned to us within 28 days of receipt complete, unused, in their original packaging and with any security tags intact.

Exceptions to our Approval Guarantee

Our Approval Guarantee does not apply to some items or may apply only if certain conditions are met. We will advise you of these exceptions when placing your order. These items are clearly identified on the product page and any conditions are set out there. This does not affect your statutory rights.

JMB TV'S

Non returnable under our Approval Guarantee, once installed or connected.

So, basically, can only return under DSR so you MUST get a letter to them within 7 working days of the day they received the TV
chocci

So, basically, can only return under DSR so you MUST get a letter to them … So, basically, can only return under DSR so you MUST get a letter to them within 7 working days of the day they received the TV

E-mail is suffice OP.
fozzeh

E-mail is suffice OP.

LOL - yeah, why didnt I think of that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants