Return Amazon IPhone 13 not received. They don't wanna refund me! HELP

Posted 20th Nov 2021
3829397_1.jpg

Hi guys.

I have returned an iPhone 13 to Amazon on the 4th using their delivery barcode created once you submit the refund.

The item was sent from London on the 4th and on the 6th was DELIVERED BY" Scottish rdc"

Now it has been 2 weeks since then and amazon still claims they haven't received it hence they can't issue a refund.

My question is. In the worst case scenario this phone has gone lost or stolen, I think Amazon should still refund me as I used their shipping service provided and if they lose it is not my problem.

Have you ever experienced something like this?
What is your advice on this matter?

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
32 Comments
  1. Avatar
    You need to call and call early so you get Europe based support, if you have a history of many returns they will make it more difficult if the account is clean shod be fine. Also you need some luck on your side that you get the right person that’s willing to help.
  2. Avatar
    What it a very small but relatively heavy box you sent it in? I reckon courier have a good sense of what is inside those kinds of boxes
  3. Avatar
    Author
    I have shipped in a small box but wrapped in brown paper so they won't know what's inside
  4. Avatar
    milkshake2220/11/2021 08:48

You need to call and call early so you get Europe based support, if you …You need to call and call early so you get Europe based support, if you have a history of many returns they will make it more difficult if the account is clean shod be fine. Also you need some luck on your side that you get the right person that’s willing to help.

Agree here about the cs. They have always been tiptop with me. Such an expensive item! Did it come from Amazon themselves or a 3rd party?
  5. Avatar
    Author
    It was shipped by Amazon. It was Apple store on Amazon.
  6. Avatar
    Author
    I have called again this morning and they told me to call the Royal mail and ask about this delivery as they haven't received it,WHICH I found ridículos because they are the one who should be in touch with the carrier.
    This is definitely my last expensive purchase on Amazon.
  7. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8820/11/2021 09:51

I have called again this morning and they told me to call the Royal mail …I have called again this morning and they told me to call the Royal mail and ask about this delivery as they haven't received it,WHICH I found ridículos because they are the one who should be in touch with the carrier.This is definitely my last expensive purchase on Amazon.

Simple fact, Amazon arranged and paid for postage.
    Now its their job to sort.
    There are posts like this every week on here and its getting worse.
    I ordered a watch from Amazon UK, it shipped from europe.
    Arrived in a sealed box all import stickers in place and unopened.
    Nicked in Amazons depot by staff, oe outer box would have been messed with.
    Opened outer box and found watch box empty, warranty card missing as well.
    They refunded and then I ordered again. I was lucky I think.
  8. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8820/11/2021 09:51

I have called again this morning and they told me to call the Royal mail …I have called again this morning and they told me to call the Royal mail and ask about this delivery as they haven't received it,WHICH I found ridículos because they are the one who should be in touch with the carrier.This is definitely my last expensive purchase on Amazon.

Tell them you called but they won't speak with you, they will only speak with Amazon as they paid for the label.
  9. Avatar
    After reading many similar threads I do not believe you will get any help from the standard customer service agents. The top level customer service team can be reached through jeff@amazon.com Try that email address, I would emphasze you have received bad advice from the standard customer service and it is their responsibilty to check and confirm receipt of packages they paid the courier to deliver to them.
  10. Avatar
    As above. Attach a copy of that tracking info if possible. You’ve done your bit - it’s up to royal mail & Amazon to sort out who’s responsible. Do you have a proof of posting (post office receipt) too - as it should have the destination address & weight on it.
  11. Avatar
    Author
    captainbeaky20/11/2021 11:39

As above. Attach a copy of that tracking info if possible. You’ve done y …As above. Attach a copy of that tracking info if possible. You’ve done your bit - it’s up to royal mail & Amazon to sort out who’s responsible. Do you have a proof of posting (post office receipt) too - as it should have the destination address & weight on it.

Thanks for the reply guys.
    Yes of course I do have the receipt from the post office.
    If they won't help more I will just take legal action against them
  12. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8820/11/2021 12:20

Thanks for the reply guys.Yes of course I do have the receipt from the …Thanks for the reply guys.Yes of course I do have the receipt from the post office.If they won't help more I will just take legal action against them

Try contacting their head office first.

If you paid with a Debit or Credit card then you could do a chargeback, although Amazon may well ban you and close your account. which.co.uk/con…T8q

Other than that money claim online (small claims court). gov.uk/mak…aim Don't forget to include the court fee in your claim.
    Edited by: "melted" 20th Nov 2021
  13. Avatar
    Author
    melted20/11/2021 12:55

Try contacting their head office first. If you paid with a Debit or …Try contacting their head office first. If you paid with a Debit or Credit card then you could do a chargeback, although Amazon may well ban you and close your account. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-use-chargeback-abZ2d4z3nT8qOther than that money claim online (small claims court). https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim Don't forget to include the court fee in your claim.

Thank you.

It was actually purchase with a debit card and with the 5months installments plan..
    So I paid just the first but I believe on the 27 I will be charged again

I don't wanna remove my direct debit as I believe this will be flagged into my credit history.what do you think should I do next?
  14. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8820/11/2021 14:42

...I don't wanna remove my direct debit as I believe this will be flagged …...I don't wanna remove my direct debit as I believe this will be flagged into my credit history.what do you think should I do next?

Last time I bothered check the Amazon "5 installments" arrangement it was not a regulated credit agreement and did not request permission for a customer credit check so should not directly affect your credit score, positively or negatively, but may detrimentally affect your Amazon account some time down the line if not amicably sorted.

Before going into the technicalities of statutory retailer obligations, what was the reason for return?
  15. Avatar
    Author
    AndyRoyd20/11/2021 16:10

Last time I bothered check the Amazon "5 installments" arrangement it was …Last time I bothered check the Amazon "5 installments" arrangement it was not a regulated credit agreement and did not request permission for a customer credit check so should not directly affect your credit score, positively or negatively, but may detrimentally affect your Amazon account some time down the line if not amicably sorted.Before going into the technicalities of statutory retailer obligations, what was the reason for return?

I was not satisfied with the product.
    I was a long time android user and switched to Apple bad decision tho.
    However I called them up explained everything and they guided me throw the reset thing etc etc. Done.
    They have created the bar code for the shipping. Went on the 4th to the post office and since then no news.
    In my amazon orders it still shows '' we haven't received the item yet, once we receive it we will issue a refund within 5 working days. "

Called up Amazon a few times and they have gave me the worst customer service I could expect.
    Never returned an item so expensive from them and I'm my many years of being a prime member I never had a problem in returning anything.

I also explaied them that as I'm the final client, they need to investigate with Royal mail is not my fault if they shipping provider is a pile of crap.

They should refund me first and then comparing or start an investigation with Royal mail.

I even asked the guy from the customer service..
    So let's say on Monday I call them and they say that has been delivered to you(amazon) and you tell me that u don't have the item, what is the solution to this?

U gonna tell me "I'm afraid sir they might have lost it or someone from the driver from us nicked it, we can't do anything you have lost 800£"
    The guys didn't know what to say.
    Is a proper useless customer service.

Anyway will keep you updated on Monday.

Thanks for the many replies
  16. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8820/11/2021 16:22

I was not satisfied with the product.I was a long time android user and …I was not satisfied with the product.I was a long time android user and switched to Apple bad decision tho.However I called them up explained everything and they guided me throw the reset thing etc etc. Done.They have created the bar code for the shipping. Went on the 4th to the post office and since then no news.In my amazon orders it still shows '' we haven't received the item yet, once we receive it we will issue a refund within 5 working days. "Called up Amazon a few times and they have gave me the worst customer service I could expect.Never returned an item so expensive from them and I'm my many years of being a prime member I never had a problem in returning anything.I also explaied them that as I'm the final client, they need to investigate with Royal mail is not my fault if they shipping provider is a pile of crap.They should refund me first and then comparing or start an investigation with Royal mail.I even asked the guy from the customer service..So let's say on Monday I call them and they say that has been delivered to you(amazon) and you tell me that u don't have the item, what is the solution to this?U gonna tell me "I'm afraid sir they might have lost it or someone from the driver from us nicked it, we can't do anything you have lost 800£"The guys didn't know what to say.Is a proper useless customer service.Anyway will keep you updated on Monday.Thanks for the many replies

How long between original product delivery date and
    i) the reset assistance
    ii) the creation of return label?
  17. Avatar
    Author
    AndyRoyd20/11/2021 16:25

How long between original product delivery date andi) the reset …How long between original product delivery date andi) the reset assistanceii) the creation of return label?

It was just a couple of days over the 30 days.(as I was on holidays and couldn't manage to return it before)

However before doing it I have called the cs and asked if u could return it even if it was over 30 days and they told me yes.
    Straight away the barcode was created and sent to me I believe on the 3rd on November.

The phone was purchased on the 27th of September
    Edited by: "FRANCESCOUK88" 20th Nov 2021
  18. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8820/11/2021 16:37

It was just a couple of days over the 30 days.(as I was on holidays and …It was just a couple of days over the 30 days.(as I was on holidays and couldn't manage to return it before)However before doing it I have called the cs and asked if u could return it even if it was over 30 days and they told me yes.Straight away the barcode was created and sent to me I believe on the 3rd on November.The phone was purchased on the 27th of October.

Apologies, but the timeline seems confused based on your observation of "It was just a couple of days over the 30 days".

"The phone was purchased on the 27th of October" and the tracking shows the package was already with the return courier by 04 November, circa 08 days later, and today is only circa 24 days since purchase.
    I cannot immediately understand the 30 days reference and until clarified it may impact on statutory retailer obligation requirements.
  19. Avatar
    Author
    My bad... 26th September
    46133579_1.jpg

-Phone purchased on 26th September
    -Around 1st - 2nd of November called them to ask if I could refund it.
    -on the 4th sent to post office.

-on the 6th shows deliver from tracking
    Edited by: "FRANCESCOUK88" 20th Nov 2021
  20. Avatar
    Keep pushing amazon as they will eventually give you your money back. Ask for a manager when you next call and push.

I returned a damaged camera (bought from the warehouse) returned it and they claimed it wasn't the same item they sent me. I argued with them for a week and got back my money.
  21. Avatar
    The way I see it you have done your part. The delivery has been made by Royal Mail and you have proof of it. Amazon do not open and inspect returns instantly. There are normally an abundance of trailers full of returns which haven’t been opened and checked.
    I had same problem a while back. I contacted customer services stating tracking return number and that it had been returned to them. They refunded my payment straight away
    Edited by: "Pilsbury12" 20th Nov 2021
  22. Avatar
    They done this with me for an iPad. Eventually they gave in and refunded me after 2 months of me sending it back.
  23. Avatar
    Author
    Hi guys I have contacted this morning the Rdc from royal mail and they have confirmed that the parcel was delivered to Amazon On the 6th of November.

I have called Amazon again and explained that but they still keep saying they don't have it and they can't do anything.

What's the best way to proceed with a lawsuit Action against them?
    Never did anything like this but happy to go ahead with it.
    LAST time will ever purchase something from them.

Thank you
  24. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8822/11/2021 09:50

Hi guys I have contacted this morning the Rdc from royal mail and they …Hi guys I have contacted this morning the Rdc from royal mail and they have confirmed that the parcel was delivered to Amazon On the 6th of November.I have called Amazon again and explained that but they still keep saying they don't have it and they can't do anything.What's the best way to proceed with a lawsuit Action against them?Never did anything like this but happy to go ahead with it.LAST time will ever purchase something from them. Thank you

The legal options work in your favour based on your statement of Amazon stating "they don't have it" rather than "we have received your package and it contains used toilet paper not the purchased item".
    Legal procedure is non-dramatic and potentially zero cost, or low cost if seller declines to play ball.

For a non-fault return beyond 14days from receipt there is no statutory right for a seller to refund, just the seller's voluntary 30 day return option which Amazon agreed to extend = respect. That is where the respect ends.
    Note Amazon's 30 days return option t&c page quotes 14days to refund, so use Amazon's own t&c to go the bullet-pointed LBA route followed by MCOL if required.

LBA would be quaint paper letter sent to the merchant's registered/establishment office stated on your invoice (your earlier screenshot identifies Amazon EU S.à r.L. as the merchant, so likely to be:
    Amazon EU SARL, UK Branch, 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, EC2A 2FA).

Send letter via standard mail from a Post Office specifically retaining two items: the postage payment receipt plus "proof of posting" (free on request; best to request this prior to handing over letter). Do not send via any receipted / signed service.

Note the LBA bulletpoints do not need to mention confirmed delivery to Amazon's address as your responsibility ended when Amazon's employed representative (courier / courier's agent) physically accepted the parcel on 04 Nov 2021.
  25. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8820/11/2021 16:37

Straight away the barcode was created and sent to me

It's been ages since I last returned anything to Amazon, but there used to be a separate return slip to include inside the package. Is there any chance that was missing and the order number could not be identified after delivery?
  26. Avatar
    Author
    That shipping method did not have a slip to pit inside. Just pack the item and show the barcode to the post office. Very simple

AndyRoyd22/11/2021 14:55

The legal options work in your favour based on your statement of Amazon …The legal options work in your favour based on your statement of Amazon stating "they don't have it" rather than "we have received your package and it contains used toilet paper not the purchased item".Legal procedure is non-dramatic and potentially zero cost, or low cost if seller declines to play ball.For a non-fault return beyond 14days from receipt there is no statutory right for a seller to refund, just the seller's voluntary 30 day return option which Amazon agreed to extend = respect. That is where the respect ends.Note Amazon's 30 days return option t&c page quotes 14days to refund, so use Amazon's own t&c to go the bullet-pointed LBA route followed by MCOL if required. LBA would be quaint paper letter sent to the merchant's registered/establishment office stated on your invoice (your earlier screenshot identifies Amazon EU S.à r.L. as the merchant, so likely to be:Amazon EU SARL, UK Branch, 1 Principal Place, Worship Street, EC2A 2FA).Send letter via standard mail from a Post Office specifically retaining two items: the postage payment receipt plus "proof of posting" (free on request; best to request this prior to handing over letter). Do not send via any receipted / signed service.Note the LBA bulletpoints do not need to mention confirmed delivery to Amazon's address as your responsibility ended when Amazon's employed representative (courier / courier's agent) physically accepted the parcel on 04 Nov 2021.

Great.
    Tha k you so much to spend so much time to write all of that. You are a star.

Will follow and update you guys here.

Have a good day
    Edited by: "FRANCESCOUK88" 22nd Nov 2021
  27. Avatar
    Author
    46176742-HA73W.jpgThe part where they say Jeff Bezos received your complain and wanted me to reply on his behalf made me laugh like never did before.

Refund given to me after dealing with such a awful customer service.. I was unlucky maybe... Don't know.

But will never buy anything from there over 20 quids.

Thanks all for the replies and help!
  28. Avatar
    Well done on the favourable result!
  29. Avatar
    FRANCESCOUK8824/11/2021 14:43

...will never buy anything from there over 20 quids.Thanks all for the …...will never buy anything from there over 20 quids.Thanks all for the replies and help!

It may be paradoxical, but the £20 maximum limit is too low; it should be increased & inverted, so:
    when purchasing "sold by Amazon" the absolute minimum amount spent should be £100 per item and paid via credit card.
  30. Avatar
    Hi. I’ve returned some Sony in-ear headphones unopened. I’ve been emailed today saying that “the box is empty”. I’ve rang them and emailed them. Where do i stand?
  31. Avatar
    I always sigh when I see these threads. Something is very wrong at some point in the daisy chain - is it the courier, the receiving agents at Amazon, or warehouse staff?

There are regular posts about customers either receiving empty boxes (it happened to me recently, though it was an inexpensive ring, last in stock, brand new, so Amazon just refunded me) or customers' returns turning up empty.

If it's a high-value item, Amazon seem to take more time and care checking your return (it took three weeks for me to get a refund for a returned, new, unopened laptop a few months ago).

However, it's complicated by the knowledge that many Amazon customers are untrustworthy, and it's probably more than you think. (I'm not implying anything towards the OP, just putting it out there). As a regular customer of Amazon Warehouse (their returns/damaged box section), I see it first hand how customers swap, break or steal items, brazenly, and it must go unchecked because why would you then send it out again to an unwitting customer? Obviously it could mean that *I* could be lying when I complain about this happening, but you'll have to take my word on it that I don't.

(Have I received an empty box from Amazon Warehouse? Not yet!).
    Edited by: "louiselouise" 1 h, 56 m ago
  32. Avatar
    Just read this whole thread that i came across randomly, and it is really scary as I have a few things to return to Amazon from before Christmas. Some still unopened!
    Edited by: "Muffinsrevenge" 36 s ago
Post a comment
Top Merchants