Groups

Return of RROD Xbox 360

Just received repaired 360 has all seems fine.

Is there anyway I can check if its the one I sent to be fixed or whether they have sent refurbed one.

The slot where the usb cable/charger goes into in the front seems to be stuck open and this was never the case with mine

It does have Repair Date and not Manufatct Date on the reserve, which makes me think it is mine.

Also, for those who currrenly have a 360 away for repair, dont bother trying to track it as my tracking says its still in Germany as of 30/9/9 altough since then its been scanned at least twice, if not three times and is now sitting on my table.

26 Comments

I'm not sure you can without comparing it do the serial numbers you didn't note down before you sent it off

Original Poster

autolesbona;6496307

I'm not sure you can without comparing it do the serial numbers you … I'm not sure you can without comparing it do the serial numbers you didn't note down before you sent it off

nope, dont think so

Disco;6496318

nope, dont think so

If you still have the box the serial will be on there.

Original Poster

Syzable;6496361

If you still have the box the serial will be on there.

i dont ;-)

Is your serial number not listed somewhere on an email or the MS website from when you reported the fault?

As an aside simply take the front cover off and push the little flap back home again!

it says in letter that came back with it that serial number has been changed and they have updated your records

well that what happened to me when mine was sent back i was send a brand new machine

MS generally just send you another refurbished xbox, ensuring its the same model. Your 3 years cover for RROD does reset afresh when you get one back tho

autolesbona;6496307

I'm not sure you can without comparing it do the serial numbers you … I'm not sure you can without comparing it do the serial numbers you didn't note down before you sent it off

his serial no will be on website where he registered xbox for repair

id3als;6496553

MS generally just send you another refurbished xbox, ensuring its the … MS generally just send you another refurbished xbox, ensuring its the same model. Your 3 years cover for RROD does reset afresh when you get one back tho

Resets you sure?

id3als;6496553

MS generally just send you another refurbished xbox, ensuring its the … MS generally just send you another refurbished xbox, ensuring its the same model. Your 3 years cover for RROD does reset afresh when you get one back tho

I always thought it was 3 years from date of manufacture (give or take) - If MS didn't make consoles out of eggshells and kittens this wouldn't happen...

on the letter it'll say what they've done mate. as far as im aware they just replace all of them now with refurbs

id3als;6496553

its only covered for 3 months when you get it back

jamstaruk1972;6496622

Is that legal? I would have thought that it would have to be covered for another year.

jamstaruk1972;6496622

thats the normal warrenty (any fault) the RROD one does indeed start afresh with 3 years :thumbsup:

king261;6496640

thats the normal warrenty (any fault) the RROD one does indeed start … thats the normal warrenty (any fault) the RROD one does indeed start afresh with 3 years :thumbsup:

cool if true you got any links of where it states this

jamstaruk1972;6496659

cool if true you got any links of where it states this

+1.

king261;6496640

thats the normal warrenty (any fault) the RROD one does indeed start … thats the normal warrenty (any fault) the RROD one does indeed start afresh with 3 years :thumbsup:

Never heard this either.
    3 months on the whole console when you get it back and then after this the rest of your original 3 red lights/E74 warranty. That´s it though as far as I know.

nah they dont send you yours back - i looked after mine and took good care of it and sent it away they sent a trashed one back that has bits rattling around inside and sounds as if it is gonna take off when ever it reads the disk..............thanks microsoft!

Unless you have written proof this is wrong.
    It goes like this. Three year warranty with rrod, if an xbox 360 gets replaced it continues with the warranty (the time left from original purchase) . If the xbox 360 gets replaced and the warranty just ended you get 3 extra months then nothing.

jamstaruk1972;6496622

Got mine back recently - gotta say a diff console in not as good condition & a lot lounder, but the date of manufacture sticker had been replaced and it was only a month old, according to that.

After phoning them & moaning about the replacement they advised it had coverage for 3 years based on the date shown on the sticker.

Could just be a miss informed person I spoke to I guess

Anyone else found the same or is it really only 3 months?

i always put a small pen mark on the metal case and dvd drive under the faceplate...

id3als;6497018

Got mine back recently - gotta say a diff console in not as good … Got mine back recently - gotta say a diff console in not as good condition & a lot lounder, but the date of manufacture sticker had been replaced and it was only a month old, according to that.After phoning them & moaning about the replacement they advised it had coverage for 3 years based on the date shown on the sticker.Could just be a miss informed person I spoke to I guessAnyone else found the same or is it really only 3 months?

Refurbs/replacements get the old warranty transfered over if more than 3 months left, if less, then they get 3 months from the replacement date (not necessarily the new MFR date on the back)

Phoning and giving the new MFR date to a MS customer service rep isnt always consistant. If you go through security, get them talking about the actual replacement you have, then they say 3 YEARS from that date, then GET THEM TO NOTE THAT ON THE SYSTEM.

As it is usually only the 3 months as mentioned above..:thumbsup:

Looking on my details on Xbox.com I think it indicates 3 years

# Device: Xbox360 Hardware
    # Serial Number: 602XXXXXXXXX
    # Warranty Status: Standard Warranty Expired
    # Warranty Type: Repair
    # Warranty Start:
    # Warranty Expiration: 10/18/2008 8:00:00 PM
    Standard Warranty Expired: A three-year warranty applies to conditions indicated by three red lights

TanyaSpace;6496743

Never heard this either.3 months on the whole console when you get it … Never heard this either.3 months on the whole console when you get it back and then after this the rest of your original 3 red lights/E74 warranty. That´s it though as far as I know.

Apologies i could be wrong it was a while ago when i sent mine off it does say on my warrenty thing the following

"A three-year warranty applies to conditions indicated by three red lights."

in theory its a new machine so it should do

if your usb flap is broken, ring microsoft tell them that your console has returned with this fault and they will send you a free brand new faceplate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1539
      2. Car park fine UKPC1314
      3. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)811
      4. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…22

See more discussions