Groups

Return Postage Refund

i m looking for an advice here, i have returned items i purchased on ebay due to mis description. The seller has refunded the whole total cost of purchase including the postage. She wanted to refund the return postage too... should i be nice n say its ok i will bear the cost? or should i just ask her to pay? it costs me 4.00 to post. or can i say she could pay half the cost?

Pls advice

thanks

9 Comments

if the items were described wrongly why should you be out of pocket? by offering to pay return postage they are admitting they were in the wrong. accept the offer and leave some positive feedback for them

Banned

you can say anything you like, but as has been said, you shouldn't be out of pocket.

Agree with the above, leave positive, many sellers on ebay wouldn't refund your postage costs, let alone offer to, something like, small problem but was sorted very quickly by seller without any trouble.

Sounds like a genuine seller to me-people do make mistakes. I bought a fairly heavy book off ebay (a while back) for next to nothing-p&p was also very low( £2) When the book arrived it had actually cost them nearer £4 to send! so i sent them a further paypal payment of £2.50 to at least cover the postage & associated listing fees. I didnt get a thanks though-maybe they thought i was strange??? I felt it was the decent thing to do.

Up to u, u are entitled to a full refund, but if u want to settle for less, its your call.

Sounds like a fair seller, i would leave a positive comment saying so, after all anyone can make honest mistakes.

hermanjelmet;6467108

if the items were described wrongly why should you be out of pocket? by … if the items were described wrongly why should you be out of pocket? by offering to pay return postage they are admitting they were in the wrong. accept the offer and leave some positive feedback for them

+me xx

Abbielonglegs;6467293

Sounds like a genuine seller to me-people do make mistakes. I bought a … Sounds like a genuine seller to me-people do make mistakes. I bought a fairly heavy book off ebay (a while back) for next to nothing-p&p was also very low( £2) When the book arrived it had actually cost them nearer £4 to send! so i sent them a further paypal payment of £2.50 to at least cover the postage & associated listing fees. I didnt get a thanks though-maybe they thought i was strange??? I felt it was the decent thing to do.

Gratz, this is the decent thing to do, unfortunately people expect rogues these days...:whistling:

I always give postage back in refund if there is a fault or error. It annoys me when others dont even when they admit they are in the wrong. However this is soon to stop. I believe Ebay are setting up a new system where the full refund including postage will be refunded. Sellers will have to give a bank/credit card account where ebay will take refunds out them selves.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies, it has helped me in making the decision. The seller was acctually very honest and my process to return and refund was very quick without any hassle or words exchanged. I wish ALL the sellers would do the same but then again its too good to be true.

Ive decided to give the credit for easy return n refund by bearing the return costs.

Thanks to all.

- ive had experienced seller dont even bother to pay the postage when it was in their fault, hence the decision.

shybeauty;6467870

Thanks for all your replies, it has helped me in making the decision. The … Thanks for all your replies, it has helped me in making the decision. The seller was acctually very honest and my process to return and refund was very quick without any hassle or words exchanged. I wish ALL the sellers would do the same but then again its too good to be true.Ive decided to give the credit for easy return n refund by bearing the return costs. Thanks to all.

Nice to hear a positive outcome xx

I'm pleased for yo and the way both you and the seller handled this xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung or Hisense11
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?22
      3. Photobook for up to 400 photos?35
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?48

See more discussions