Groups

returning a book to sainsburys

hey got a book from sainsburys yesterday but when i got in i realised i already had the book lol think my sis got it for me for one of my xmas pressies but havent read it yet. Question is will sainsburys give me refund or swap it for another book? problem is i have chucked the reciept away, i always put it in bin on way out cheers for advice

13 Comments

Without a receipt don't hold your breath

Original Poster

yeah thats what i thought gonna have to wack it on ebay then

what book is it?

Original Poster

james pattersons new one worst case

bellows

james pattersons new one worst case

not heard of that one

Original Poster

yeah just came out on paperback couple months ago, do you read james patterson?? i love him and have most of his books lol

U can buy something else it can ne anything or they will get the money on the gift card if u want to go back later for shopping

Original Poster

kothwal

U can buy something else it can ne anything or they will get the money on … U can buy something else it can ne anything or they will get the money on the gift card if u want to go back later for shopping

so it will be worth trying to take it back then?

Did you pay for the book with cash or a credit/debit card?

Original Poster

cash

So you throw your receipts away as soon as you buy something? lol

If you go in & explain to them they might put the money on a gift card.

Also if you remember what time you purchased the stuff, they may be able to find the receipt on the store system.
    Edited by: "nicster08" 12th Jan 2011

did you use your nectar card ?
    A receipt us not required if you can prove you bought in in the store - ie if its got a big sainsburys price sticker on it etc.... and I ask about nectar because everything you buy is logged on your nectar account :-)

But def worth taking to customer services and explaining - try and spot a friendly looking agent :-)

Original Poster

did try but they said no i could have brought it from anywhere, only just seen bout nectar card good shout gonna try again as did use my nectar card
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share715
      2. word association Game73944490
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929

See more discussions