Returning a drill to B&Q?

Found 8th Jun 2016
Hey, I got a Bosch PSB-18-Li2 from B&Q about a year ago, maybe 2 years, tops. Anyway, I've hardly used it (I'm a big procrastinator) and the engine has just burned out on me. It just stopped when I was drilling into some wood (medium hardness) and started smoking. I'm a bit disappointed. Should I let it go or try getting a refund? I probably I have the receipt somewhere

1. Ask
  2. Drill
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Drill
14 Comments

Banned

they will ask you to or they will send if off for repair

How old exactly ?

go to b&q and buy the same model again. wait 2 weeks then return your faulty one using the new receipt. say it's faulty and you've lost faith in the product so you want a full refund. job done

go to b&q and buy the same model again. wait 2 weeks then return your … go to b&q and buy the same model again. wait 2 weeks then return your faulty one using the new receipt. say it's faulty and you've lost faith in the product so you want a full refund. job done

wait for it
wait for it
its coming any minute now

What? Its fraud

thats the one

this accounts for all the broken tools I get from B&Q

Do you have the receipt?

Do B&Q still sell the same model?

Are you under the impression it's still under warranty?
(Had a very quick google check there and can't find warranty info in it)

Original Poster

I probably do have the receipt filed-away somewhere. Just wondered what kind of warranty I should expect and how B&Q will deal with it, before I go in there with a broken drill and get laughed-at and told to go away, haha.

It really is in good condition, still got the box and that. I haven't done any particularly big jobs with, it's had quite an easy life

Original Poster

andynicol

Do you have the receipt?Do B&Q still sell the same model?Are you under … Do you have the receipt?Do B&Q still sell the same model?Are you under the impression it's still under warranty?(Had a very quick google check there and can't find warranty info in it)

I just checked their website and they don't stock it any more, which is a shame because I like it. I don't want a refund because I got it on offer and I won't get much back.

Best thing is to take it back, with the receipt, and just see what they say, you never know until you ask

HereKittyKitty

I just checked their website and they don't stock it any more, which is a … I just checked their website and they don't stock it any more, which is a shame because I like it. I don't want a refund because I got it on offer and I won't get much back.

You still have the receipt?

Are you under the impression its still under warranty?

As they no longer stock it the suggestion in post #3 is out.

you would need a receipt for B&Q to be able to assist you as we are not the only company to sell bosch power tools. if however you have your receipt and it's under 1 year old. take both the product and receipt to your local store as B&Q offer a 1 year warranty.

if it is over a year old then contact Bosch themselves as the majority of companies offer extended warranties. No harm in asking either way

Original Poster

kay_666

you would need a receipt for B&Q to be able to assist you as we are not … you would need a receipt for B&Q to be able to assist you as we are not the only company to sell bosch power tools. if however you have your receipt and it's under 1 year old. take both the product and receipt to your local store as B&Q offer a 1 year warranty.if it is over a year old then contact Bosch themselves as the majority of companies offer extended warranties. No harm in asking either way

Thanks a lot. It's over a year old so I'll get in touch with Bosch

I think the shop will help you in a warranty issue for two years, as long as they were the retailer, it's the manufacturer that's normally 1 year.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions