Returning a drill to B&Q?

Found 8th Jun 2016
Hey, I got a Bosch PSB-18-Li2 from B&Q about a year ago, maybe 2 years, tops. Anyway, I've hardly used it (I'm a big procrastinator) and the engine has just burned out on me. It just stopped when I was drilling into some wood (medium hardness) and started smoking. I'm a bit disappointed. Should I let it go or try getting a refund? I probably I have the receipt somewhere
Community Updates
AskDrill
14 Comments
Banned
they will ask you to or they will send if off for repair
How old exactly ?
go to b&q and buy the same model again. wait 2 weeks then return your faulty one using the new receipt. say it's faulty and you've lost faith in the product so you want a full refund. job done

go to b&q and buy the same model again. wait 2 weeks then return your … go to b&q and buy the same model again. wait 2 weeks then return your faulty one using the new receipt. say it's faulty and you've lost faith in the product so you want a full refund. job done

wait for it
wait for it
its coming any minute now

What? Its fraud

thats the one
this accounts for all the broken tools I get from B&Q
Do you have the receipt?

Do B&Q still sell the same model?

Are you under the impression it's still under warranty?
(Had a very quick google check there and can't find warranty info in it)

Original Poster
I probably do have the receipt filed-away somewhere. Just wondered what kind of warranty I should expect and how B&Q will deal with it, before I go in there with a broken drill and get laughed-at and told to go away, haha.

It really is in good condition, still got the box and that. I haven't done any particularly big jobs with, it's had quite an easy life
Original Poster
andynicol

Do you have the receipt?Do B&Q still sell the same model?Are you under … Do you have the receipt?Do B&Q still sell the same model?Are you under the impression it's still under warranty?(Had a very quick google check there and can't find warranty info in it)

I just checked their website and they don't stock it any more, which is a shame because I like it. I don't want a refund because I got it on offer and I won't get much back.
Best thing is to take it back, with the receipt, and just see what they say, you never know until you ask
HereKittyKitty

I just checked their website and they don't stock it any more, which is a … I just checked their website and they don't stock it any more, which is a shame because I like it. I don't want a refund because I got it on offer and I won't get much back.

You still have the receipt?

Are you under the impression its still under warranty?

As they no longer stock it the suggestion in post #3 is out.

you would need a receipt for B&Q to be able to assist you as we are not the only company to sell bosch power tools. if however you have your receipt and it's under 1 year old. take both the product and receipt to your local store as B&Q offer a 1 year warranty.

if it is over a year old then contact Bosch themselves as the majority of companies offer extended warranties. No harm in asking either way
Original Poster
kay_666

you would need a receipt for B&Q to be able to assist you as we are not … you would need a receipt for B&Q to be able to assist you as we are not the only company to sell bosch power tools. if however you have your receipt and it's under 1 year old. take both the product and receipt to your local store as B&Q offer a 1 year warranty.if it is over a year old then contact Bosch themselves as the majority of companies offer extended warranties. No harm in asking either way

Thanks a lot. It's over a year old so I'll get in touch with Bosch
I think the shop will help you in a warranty issue for two years, as long as they were the retailer, it's the manufacturer that's normally 1 year.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions