Returning a large faulty item to Amazon

Found 25th Dec 2011
Hi im looking for some advice.

I bough my daughter a crazy coupe car and it's faulty. There were a couple of parts missing from the car but we didnt realise as they werent mentioned in the instructions. Anyway we put the car together and the wheels wont turn properly and the car is uneven.

I bought this about 2 months ago which is outwith the 30 days but surely that wouldnt matter if it was faulty. The only reason we knew a part was missing is because it tells you that you can watch a video of how to assemble it online.

Anyway how do i send it back, i can dis assemble the car as its one of those things that when its built its built. There is no way i could fit this in a box or anything. I just want a replacement not a refund.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Email Amazon - if an item is faulty and even if develops a fault within 12 months of purchase, they are legally bound to refund you, but they will want the item back. Is it from Amazon or is it a marketplace seller?
Amazon are very good for returns, Give them a call.
Original Poster
Ashley675

Email Amazon - if an item is faulty and even if develops a fault within … Email Amazon - if an item is faulty and even if develops a fault within 12 months of purchase, they are legally bound to refund you, but they will want the item back. Is it from Amazon or is it a marketplace seller?

Hi it's from Amazon, just gave it to my daughter this morning. How can I send it back but. Would be like £50 postage plus nothing big enough to send it in. Would someone collect it?
Original Poster
Are Amazon open over the christmas period?
christopherguy25

Hi it's from Amazon, just gave it to my daughter this morning. How can I … Hi it's from Amazon, just gave it to my daughter this morning. How can I send it back but. Would be like £50 postage plus nothing big enough to send it in. Would someone collect it?

Amazon would more than likely arrange for a courier to collect it from you. But yes, i would also go online and get them to phone you, there is that option in your orders
I had a 7 month old motheboard that they gave me a full refund for so I assume it will be as easy, they also emailed me a courier returns label so it didnt cost me anything.
christopherguy25

Not sure when they're open, As it's big I would suggest you call them when they're open.

Amazon are one of the best companies to deal with regarding returns.
christopherguy25

Yes Im sure they will be.

I had a toaster for 8 months and then it blew up, and gave me a shock! they arranged for the courier to collect it and offered me a refund or a replacement with no problems.

However, I had bought a microwave from Amazon last month, and after 2 days i noticed the door was ill fitting and it was leaking steam, when i contacted Amazon initially, they said I should take the matter up with the manufacturer. I knew this information was wrong and contacted them again quoting from the Sale of Goods Act, they quickly advised that their employee gave me the wrong information and as the seller of the product they were responsible and they arranged a refund promptly. So if you know your rights before you contact them, all the better.
I changed my mind on a roof box, massive parcel. amazon charged £3.30inc VAT to send. I wish RM were that cheap.
when I had something big that was faulty from them I just emailed them what the problem was and they arranged a returns label and I could choose what day the courier came for it via their own website ( think it was dhl)
anyway, they came and took it back free of charge and as it was a replacement I sent back I wanted a refund this time. And when I looked in my bank acc they had refunded me the full amount plus an extra £5 for delivery! so I was £5 better off
Ashley675

Yes Im sure they will be.I had a toaster for 8 months and then it blew … Yes Im sure they will be.I had a toaster for 8 months and then it blew up, and gave me a shock! they arranged for the courier to collect it and offered me a refund or a replacement with no problems. However, I had bought a microwave from Amazon last month, and after 2 days i noticed the door was ill fitting and it was leaking steam, when i contacted Amazon initially, they said I should take the matter up with the manufacturer. I knew this information was wrong and contacted them again quoting from the Sale of Goods Act, they quickly advised that their employee gave me the wrong information and as the seller of the product they were responsible and they arranged a refund promptly. So if you know your rights before you contact them, all the better.

Yeh amazon done the same thing with me when I purchased a scalectrix track from them as it was out the 30 days they said contact the manufacturer, but I said the same as above and they quickly changed their mind, so don't give in to that rubbish
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants