returning a large package to amazon

Found 7th May
Hi guys
i bought from amazon a BBQ 2 weeks ago and it has been used before therefore i want to return it however the only option i get is to post it and the cheapest with parcelforce is £50 from Manchester to Dunfermline KY11 8ST. what should i do? dose anyone know a cheaper way of sending it back to amazon?

Product Dimensions: 107 x 53 x 102 cm ; 2 Kg
Boxed-product Weight: 23 Kg

any help is greatly appreciated

14 Comments

despatchbay

or if you can drop it off at your local parcel force depot then parcel monkey offer a drop off service, you'll need to book it as next day 'large' though

you can also go on live chat at demand a courier to collect it

Original Poster

you_gotta_be_kidding

or if you can drop it off at your local parcel force depot then parcel … or if you can drop it off at your local parcel force depot then parcel monkey offer a drop off service, you'll need to book it as next day 'large' though

thanks for the info

cheapest i see with parcelforce is £37 with parcel monkey. btw isnt this amazon fault? do you think they will refund me? in their terms they say they will pay for £4 or so return postage if item is faulty.

not sure what i should do

Original Poster

you_gotta_be_kidding

you can also go on live chat at demand a courier to collect it

i tried calling them and tried to do a live chat but it did not work
so i have emailed them and waiting for a response

Moss87

i tried calling them and tried to do a live chat but it did not work so i … i tried calling them and tried to do a live chat but it did not work so i have emailed them and waiting for a response

Go through the options and get a call back? It's not your responsibility to return it.

Is it definitely from Amazon or a market place seller? Market place sellers have their own returns policies sometimes.

It's free to return amazon items if it's sold and dispatched by Amazon.

last time I had to return a bulky item, I got amazon to arrange and pay for the collection.

just go on live chat and say because of the size you want them to arrange it.

if sending think its parcelforce you could get a load of nectar points dont know if worth it just an idea

I phoned Amazon about a similar thing (lawn mower that had been used) I told them I wasn't prepared to post it and they would have to collect it. They just set it up and collected it. I'd try that be firm and tell them they will have to collect it.

Dannyrobbo

I phoned Amazon about a similar thing (lawn mower that had been used) I … I phoned Amazon about a similar thing (lawn mower that had been used) I told them I wasn't prepared to post it and they would have to collect it. They just set it up and collected it. I'd try that be firm and tell them they will have to collect it.

1+

Original Poster

Dannyrobbo

I phoned Amazon about a similar thing (lawn mower that had been used) I … I phoned Amazon about a similar thing (lawn mower that had been used) I told them I wasn't prepared to post it and they would have to collect it. They just set it up and collected it. I'd try that be firm and tell them they will have to collect it.

thanks everyone for your advice

they emailed me back and said they will arrange for a collection so its sorted now

thanks again guys

Moss87

thanks everyone for your advice they emailed me back and said they will … thanks everyone for your advice they emailed me back and said they will arrange for a collection so its sorted now thanks again guys

No problem, they are generally very good with returns!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769411
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3283
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604807

See more discussions