Returning a Monitor need a courier who will insure

Found 4th Jan 2016
Hi

Just after advice, im exercising my right to return a monitor purchased online (Consumer Contracts Regulations) however i cannot find a courier who will insure the monitor in transit. Ive contacted the company who advised parcelforce or parcel2go (neither offer compensation for damages for monitors). Once i pointed out they do not insure, they said find someone else as it would be reccomended to have it insured, as they would reject the item if damaged. How am i supposed to send it back and "trust" it arrives safely?
Community Updates
9 Comments
Try DPD. Abit in reverse but I bought a monitor of Scan and that is who they used to ship so I would presume! (that was to N.Ireland)
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 4th Jan 2016
Its from ocuk, they also use dpd, but the customer services have told me that "with dpd we are not insured against unwanted items" which seems a bit strange, as why would you need insurance on faulty items being returned? I had asked if they could sort a return at my cost, as they would have if it was faulty. Seems like they are being a bit awkward.
ciggybumly

Its from ocuk, they also use dpd, but the customer services have told me … Its from ocuk, they also use dpd, but the customer services have told me that "with dpd we are not insured against unwanted items" which seems a bit strange, as why would you need insurance on faulty items being returned? I had asked if they could sort a return at my cost, as they would have if it was faulty. Seems like they are being a bit awkward.

Certainly does seem that way. You would think if they used DPD themselves it would be insured going to you in the first place. Try just ringing DPD direct and asking them, normally found them pretty helpful whenever dealing with them through work. RM/Parcelforce are funny at times, went to return a camera battery once which was wrong item picked and they said they don't ship batteries well that is funny because you delivered it to me in the first place the mark is still on the package! The girl really wouldn't budge so called into another near my work place and the girl there didn't bat an eyelid!
Sorry just to add tip whenever we post devices with screens in work. Clingfilm is good to stop any marks on screens before bubble wrapping etc. Don't dare put cellotape anywhere on the product itself!
We ship alot of stuff back and fourth from Motorola (Business end in Czech Republic not consumer end) and they use either DPD or Citylink.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 4th Jan 2016
Problem is dpd dont deal direct to public, i think you need to have a business account with them. The only company ive found is ipostparcels but they seem impossible to answer questions, so dont gave much faith if i have to claim
If it is under 26 inches I would suggest interlink (part of dpd group), they will insure it if it is less than that size. If you have not used them before use code GEN559 for £5 discount.

interlinkdirect.co.uk/pro…jsp
Thanks very much for the code, annoyingly its a 27" one though. Im certain ive ordered from other people before and they have been very helpful returning things, and just take the collection charge from the final refund. Not been faced with this one before
Unfortunate but they are just applying their rights as you have done under the CCR. Why they need to be awkward is stupidity at it's worst, logic would suggest that as you are returning a monitor you would be likely to buy another if the service is good. Unfortunately a lot of companies shy away from you as a customer as soon as you say return please. I know it's a cost to their business but they must cost this in, so it wouldn't hurt them to be helpful.

As to your problem give DHL a look. dhl.co.uk/
I know, normally i pretty much stick to amazon as best as i can. They always supply returns labels and just take a small charge off the refund. To be honest, if i dont get any where with ocuk cs i can just drive the 100mile round trip and take it back, will probably only cost £15 in fuel. At least then i will know its returned without any issue. Also, i think dhl is business based like dpd. You can go through people like parcel monkey, but then you have to go via their terms and conditions which class monitors as restricted items and not insured.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants