Returning a Nintendo DS with a scratched screen from Tesco Direct?

Banned
Hi.

19 days ago, we ordered a NDS lite for our son from Tesco Direct as his birthday was coming up. On opening his present yesterday, we charged it up and then opened the clam-shell for the first time to discover that the top screen had two scratches on it. One that is visible even when playing and goes a shimmering pink color on white backgrounds, or different colors on different backgrounds. The other isn't very noticable unless in certain lights.

Its quite distracting to our son and we're not too happy about receiving a new one with these scratches already on. Our daughter already has a NDS and its gone through some awful punishment and there isn't even a scratch on the screen after a year.

Does anyone know if there will be any difficulty with getting Tesco to exchange it? I'm concerned they might claim it was caused by us or something like that. Would it be best to return it and use some other reason instead?

Thanks for any help.

6 Comments

Have you still got the receipt? I can't see it being a problem if you have. The worse case is they say 'no' and you go to another Tesco and then give some other reason!

Just go in and see what they say - maybe its dead pixels or something?

Original Poster Banned

hannah19790;2661879

Have you still got the receipt? I can't see it being a problem if you … Have you still got the receipt? I can't see it being a problem if you have. The worse case is they say 'no' and you go to another Tesco and then give some other reason!

We ordered it online. I have the emails saying its dispatched, and its in the order history if I log in to my account, but the package received never had any paper receipt or invoice.

We ordered it online. I have the emails saying its dispatched, and its in … We ordered it online. I have the emails saying its dispatched, and its in the order history if I log in to my account, but the package received never had any paper receipt or invoice.

Phone and ask when you're going to receive it... :whistling:

Tesco are normally really good about exchanging it. Just print out you copies of the order etc. when you go to the store. Maybe ring Tesco direct as well?

Original Poster Banned

yimmie;2661947

Phone and ask when you're going to receive it... :whistling:

;-) We signed when it arrived, just didn't receive the paperwork inside the parcel which we usually do.

froglet;2662127

Tesco are normally really good about exchanging it. Just print out you … Tesco are normally really good about exchanging it. Just print out you copies of the order etc. when you go to the store. Maybe ring Tesco direct as well?

I plan to ring them, but I'm still unsure as to what reason to give for requesting an exchange in case they attempt to claim the scratches were caused by us, despite having a witness at the time it was first opened. My friend suggests just saying theres a problem with the top screen causing a "visual disturbance" and not specifically saying it seems scratched, but I have no idea how thoroughly they check.

Hopefully I'm probably worried about nothing and they'll be fine about it. :oops:
It does after all state on their web site that if you're unhappy for any reason within 28 days of delivery they'll exchange or refund it. Are they usually fine with this sort of return?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?2297
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213614
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2399
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917257

See more discussions