Returning a product to scan. UPDATED NEWS

14 replies
Found 14th Apr 2008
well after not hearing anything for a week i decided to ring scan yesterday and see what was happening with my replacement.

i got told that it was on hold because the card i sent back was out of stock, so he said to me ill find you a new card to same specs,

he then came back to me and said how does a 512md ati 3850 sound, i said thats great and its now on its way and will be with me tuesday,

-----------------

what are the site scan like for taking faulty product back.

ive got a gfx card and its constantly overheating, ive done some research and it seems to be the fans die quickly on these cards. so will they take it back ok if its a common fault.

also they dont seem to sell the card i bought anymore, so will they offer me somthing else or my money back

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

go to this ]link and fill in the blanks.

job done.

call scan on 01204474747, landline

before arranging rma make sure the heatsink parts are free of dust they may charge you if u return it and its not faulty.
Also try running with side off case as it may be your case isnt providing enough airflow again not their fault and could land you a charge

Scan do actually test returns unlike Ebuyer - so make sure your case is watertight!

Original Poster

yep ive tried all those above, ive removed gfx card got rid of any dust and ran with side off the case, but it still overheats, im getting idle temps of 100, when it used to be about 45-60. if i try running a game it just beeps then crashes were as it used to be great.

its a saphire x1950 pro 512mb, ive read many posts on other forums with people having the same problem. most people are saying to replace the fan on it but thats too complicated for me.

ive filled the form in from post 1 so waiting to hear back now

lol yeah i had one of those, fan was too noisy for me so replaced it with the x2 was much better then and cooler

Original Poster

maddogb;1889665

lol yeah i had one of those, fan was too noisy for me so replaced it with … lol yeah i had one of those, fan was too noisy for me so replaced it with the x2 was much better then and cooler

whats the x2 and how easy is it to replace a fan

tay1982;1889710

whats the x2 and how easy is it to replace a fan

arctic cooling accelero x2 fan,
not too difficult to fit, has instructions if u buy one make sure it has the vrm adapter for the 1950 pro

Original Poster

ok well im going to see if i can return theproduct 1st and see what happens. also i think if is there not selling the saphire card i got anymore then i might get a refund, if so im gonna get one of the newer models

Original Poster

just heared back from scan and they have given me a rma code so all is good. just dont know what they will do as they dont stock the item anymoree

tay1982;1890382

just heared back from scan and they have given me a rma code so all is … just heared back from scan and they have given me a rma code so all is good. just dont know what they will do as they dont stock the item anymoree

please let us all know, any cs related info is good to have

Original Poster

maddogb;1891164

please let us all know, any cs related info is good to have

ok well im taking it the post office 2moro, gonna send it special delivery. so will post back when i hear back from them

Original Poster

i emailed scan today asking what would happen if the product im returning is no longer stocked.
i got a nice reply before saying

"Hi, if we are unable to obtain the item we will offer a different card to the same specification or better.

Regards,

Michael W
Scan Computers"

so that sounds good to me

Original Poster

getting a 3850 as a replacement.

very happy with the customer service
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions