Returning a tablet PC to Amazon?

Found 9th Nov 2012
Morning all.

Bought the Galaxy Tab 2 from Amazon and recived it on Tuesday. It's my first tablet and also my first android device and, at first, I was really happy with it.
Unfortunately, the device seems to freeze a lot and apps often crash so am getting fed up with it now.
If I request a return through Amazon, will they accept it as being 'faulty' on these grounds and would I be able to get a full refund?
I don't want to return it and they take some money off because it's being used or whatever.

Thanks x
Community Updates
14 Comments
Contact them and ask.

(although the answer is probably yes as they are very good with returns)
cdm22

Contact them and ask.(although the answer is probably yes as they are … Contact them and ask.(although the answer is probably yes as they are very good with returns)

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I have ever returned anything to Amazon but I have heard that they are good with returns.
I didn't want to ask them in case they gave some long winded reply about they would have to inspect it or whatever and that they might not deem it faulty, I thought that it may be better to just request a return and send it back without contacting them in advnce (hope you get what I mean LOL!)
I'd probably just request a return. There is a section to fill in where you explain the fault with the item if i remember correctly. I doubt you will have any problems
are you sure its actually faulty?, you might want to reset the device to factory settings and run it a couple of days, some of the free apps are rubbish and they are advertising based often trying to communicate with ad servers causing slow net connections and stability issues.
Kind of different but once I had a delivery to come before 1pm and it came at 1.20pm so I thought I'd try and get my money back and I said it did not come before 1pm and they didn't even ask what time it came and just refunded me the £6. for the sake of 20 minutes wait I think I did quite well. The moral of the story is Amazon are good
Return it as faulty, put a brief description in, you will have no problems whatsoever returning it to Amazon.
Thanks everyone, that's reassuring to know.
I have checked if it needed updating and I also factory reset it, but it still freezes as soon as I put a couple of apps like skype, ebay, etc. Hubbys Note has loads of apps and it doesn't freeze or crash at all, don't know if the extra processor and ram helps.
Just to update the thread - Amazon took back the tablet and processed the full refund straight away
Not surprised.. Amazon are the balls for customer service.
TBH i doint care about their Tax standings as they are by far and away one of the best companies I have delt with.
If only they didn't use yodel...
I doubt there is anything wrong with the thing, I have had a galaxy tab since August, the accursed flash on sone websites crashes the browser and sometimes locks up the whole system, solution avoid those websites, I have had it lock up and crash after I hsve downloaded some free apps, solution delete the apps.

Its now upgraded itself to jellybean and apart from the browser being a bit slower to pick up on me holding down on a link its not crashed at all since, probably because jellybean doesnt support the accursed flash player.

Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 20th Dec 2012
I dunno what it was but I wasn't too impressed. I bought the Note 10.1 instead because I liked the pen and thought the specs would make it last a bit longer.
I didnt need a tablet just wanted one for casual use, didn't get an iPad purely because I thought it would be boring after having an iPhone 4s as well as how locked in you are to Apple if you dont jailbreak. Even the Note gives me problems though so now wish I had just got an iPad instead
Edited by: "Mrs.Z" 20th Dec 2012
Jetpac

Not surprised.. Amazon are the balls for customer service.TBH i doint … Not surprised.. Amazon are the balls for customer service.TBH i doint care about their Tax standings as they are by far and away one of the best companies I have delt with.

Yes I agree I have always been happy with amazon
I hate apple, I hate being locked into all their over priced ****, I am a linux user anyway so I am used to compatibility issues.

I got my tab because I just wanted net and ereader around the home with ease, it does the job paid £234 for it after cashback I am happy, of course I could have got something better for 400 at the time I could have got the asus transformer, but I couldn't justify that I already have a 500 quid laptop as well as a desktop pc, not touched them since I got the tab tho.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 20th Dec 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions