Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

returning a video game to argos

Posted 30th Aug 2012
hi,

just wondering what people's experiences have been like when it comes to returning a video game to argos when it's unsealed. can you have either a replacement or refund?

thanks.
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment
22 Comments
  1. Avatar
    As easy a George Osborne admitting he is a carrot in a cheesecake.
    Why is it being returned and unsealed?
  2. Avatar
    Don't think they refund/exchange even if it was sealed so best of luck.
  3. Avatar
    yeah what is the actual situation? gonna be hard to convince them you have not played and completed it!
  4. Avatar
    argos are usually pretty good with returns,as long as there is good reason.
  5. Avatar
    The exclude most digital items from the 14day return policy, so I think your screwed.
    If its a duplicate, your only hope is to take both in and pray. Don't expect a refund though.
  6. Avatar
    They do make it quite clear no return on video games to be fair.
  7. Avatar
    Why is it unsealed? I think Argos only take them back if sealed.
  8. Avatar
    Completed it and now want to take it back?
  9. Avatar
    I bought a couple of 3DS games last week in Argos and they made a point of telling me when I paid that they were excluded from the normal approval period, and non-returnable. Good luck!
  10. Avatar
    I recently got a refund for a sealed ps3 game from argos, even though I didn't even have the receipt with me.
  11. Avatar
    no chance of a refund for an unsealed game!

would you?
  12. Avatar
    Author
    thanks for the responses.

the issuue was i bought a game from them the other day and as some might know some games discs aren't always in the place inside the case (can't think of the wording) so it was knocking about inside the case. opened it up and it had a few scratches on the disc, which i imagine was caused by this.
  13. Avatar
    colps

thanks for the responses. the issuue was i bought a game from them the … thanks for the responses. the issuue was i bought a game from them the other day and as some might know some games discs aren't always in the place inside the case (can't think of the wording) so it was knocking about inside the case. opened it up and it had a few scratches on the disc, which i imagine was caused by this.

so you just want a replacement then after all that lol
  14. Avatar
    Author
    csiman

so you just want a replacement then after all that lol

possibly.but if it's cheaper elsewhere then no id like a refund.
  15. Avatar
    colps

possibly.but if it's cheaper elsewhere then no id like a refund.

no chance. only a replacement if faulty for media otherwise we'd all be taking our games back once completed oO
    Edited by: "deleted17062" 31st Aug 2012
  16. Avatar
    As csi stated, you have no chance. That's awfully cheeky to even think about doing.
    Edited by: "condracky" 31st Aug 2012
  17. Avatar
    You can only get an exchange. As you said there were some scratches on the disc, which by the way in most cases do nothing in terms of playability. It used to be the case when discs got scratched that they impacted the ability to play the game, but even then it was pretty scratched up discs for that matter and sometimes it wasn't even to do with scratches, odd I know but I did have a few games conk out which was frustrating.

The good news is that technology has come a long was and there is no longer the issue or its much rarer for games to be corrupt on the disc as they just install on the hard drive, if corrupt they install slower, with the disc only being used to check security on initial load, this barely reads the disc, so scratches are likely to interfere. Also, discs have got stronger and more durable as technology has improved.

If you are pushing for a refund, then there is no chance and for lower prices, that doesn't work either. Games are always priced higher at launch and drop in price later on, being able to get a hold of this earlier automatically demands a premium. Plus, Argos really wouldn't budge.
  18. Avatar
    Deal_searcher03/01/2022 18:41

You can only get an exchange. As you said there were some scratches on the …You can only get an exchange. As you said there were some scratches on the disc, which by the way in most cases do nothing in terms of playability. It used to be the case when discs got scratched that they impacted the ability to play the game, but even then it was pretty scratched up discs for that matter and sometimes it wasn't even to do with scratches, odd I know but I did have a few games conk out which was frustrating. The good news is that technology has come a long was and there is no longer the issue or its much rarer for games to be corrupt on the disc as they just install on the hard drive, if corrupt they install slower, with the disc only being used to check security on initial load, this barely reads the disc, so scratches are likely to interfere. Also, discs have got stronger and more durable as technology has improved.If you are pushing for a refund, then there is no chance and for lower prices, that doesn't work either. Games are always priced higher at launch and drop in price later on, being able to get a hold of this earlier automatically demands a premium. Plus, Argos really wouldn't budge.

No idea how you found this post, as it was all going on 9 years ago!
  19. Avatar
    panddda03/01/2022 18:42

No idea how you found this post, as it was all going on 9 years ago!

It popped up on the discussions section for me. Only just saw the date now.
  20. Avatar
    Deal_searcher03/01/2022 18:47

It popped up on the discussions section for me. Only just saw the …It popped up on the discussions section for me. Only just saw the date now.

How odd! And now it’ll be top of the page for everyone else too
  21. Avatar
    Tried it once. Not a chance. Never again haha!
  22. Avatar
    Dealios2710/05/2022 00:14

Tried it once. Not a chance. Never again haha!

Why you bumping a 10 year old discussion
Post a comment