Returning an ipod touch help

On the way to work today I found an ipod touch on a path. I'm trying to return it to its owner but I'm not familar with the ipod's operating system. Is there any way I can identify its owner using stored information on the phone? So far I've managed to crack the password and check the contacts list but it's empty.

19 Comments

Try going in to mail. Send an email to yourself then forward back to the sender.

Oh great you found my ipod touch , on a serious note you will probably never find out who the real owner is but its great to see nice people still around offering to return it

Banned

You've posted this in wrong place, For Sale section is next door

whatsThePoint

You've posted this in wrong place, For Sale section is next door

Like the new avi ......:D

Oh and how very honest and good of you op , :3...............personally i would of sold it !!...........................joking :p.....it could be some kids or something and may be in trouble with parents right now , as i know my daughter would be if she lost her new one she got for xmas , ...........so well done op

Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 4th Mar 2011

Hand it into your local police station, don't tell them you have cracked the password though as you will be commiting an offence.

zombrex

Hand it into your local police station, don't tell them you have cracked … Hand it into your local police station, don't tell them you have cracked the password though as you will be commiting an offence.

Thats what makes me think its a kids if its so easy to crack the password !...........might be wrong though !

Banned

What offence is that then.

Original Poster

shopstilldrops

Thats what makes me think its a kids if its so easy to crack the password … Thats what makes me think its a kids if its so easy to crack the password !...........might be wrong though !

That would suck. When I initially found it I was going to hand it into the police station but I managed to crack it in two tries (0000 & 1234). I thought that finding some form of ID would better as handing it in doesn't always guarantee its return. I'll keep tinkering with it a bit longer but I'll probably end up handing it in tomorrow.

If you connect it to iTunes sometimes it asks if you want to transfer existing purchases & if you click yes it usually brings up the iTunes box where you login & it may have the email in that field?

dimebars

What offence is that then.

arson

Is there a facebook app installed? or as per above check the mail client.

Banned

as others said go get a free app, this for me brings my email address up.

So is it an iPod touch or an iPhone?

SETTINGS > APP STORE ICON > SHOULD GIVE YOU THEN THE NAME OF EMAIL ADDRESS AND SIGN OUT BUTTON. then email the person

or as others suggest go to an app and it should as you for email and password, then use the email to mail them
Edited by: "jazferbetay" 4th Mar 2011

souljacker

Clue is in the title !!!!......:p

souljacker

Is there any way I can identify its owner using stored information on the … Is there any way I can identify its owner using stored information on the phone

Err yeah but in the op it says !!!! ....
Edited by: "souljacker" 4th Mar 2011

souljacker

Err yeah but in the op it says "is there any way to get stored … Err yeah but in the op it says "is there any way to get stored information off the !!!! ....

Ahhh, didnt spot that , lol........................hawk eyes :p...lol

shopstilldrops

Ahhh, didnt spot that , lol........................hawk eyes :p...lol

OP states it's both an iPod Touch and a 'phone'

It's either one or the other........

Original Poster

It's an ipod.
Edited by: "saturn118" 7th Mar 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764094
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?57
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1516
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11

See more discussions