Returning an item to Amazon.co.uk

Hi guys just thought I would pick your brains....

In a bit of an excitable moment I ordered three lovely watches in amazon's recent sale.. No i dont have three wrists!, I couldnt make my mind up so went for all 3 so i could have a look and return two.

Well the more I look into amazons returns policy the more I seem to loose. It seems I cannot return an item without using there own shipping label (DHL) for each package. Amazon then will charge me just short of £8 per watch returned!, now on watches at £30 to start with, thats a bit steep!

However the way the return pages are worded it seems under the 7 day cooling off period I can return (via any service at my cost) and still get a refund.

Does anyone have an insights into this??

Relivant links:
amazon.co.uk/gp/…018 Returns Policy
amazon.co.uk/gp/…921 Returning an item costs

3 Comments

You can return anything unopened in original condition within 7 working days starting the day after recieveing the item under the Distance Selling Regulations - use the contact us option, get them to call you back, demand an address to send it to - they do have a freepost address so you could be cheeky and ask for that so save any cost.
The DHL is them collecting then deducting that cost off your refund - you do not have to use this.

Original Poster

seancampbell

You can return anything unopened in original condition within 7 working … You can return anything unopened in original condition within 7 working days starting the day after recieveing the item under the Distance Selling Regulations - use the contact us option, get them to call you back, demand an address to send it to - they do have a freepost address so you could be cheeky and ask for that so save any cost.The DHL is them collecting then deducting that cost off your refund - you do not have to use this.

Thanks Sean, I will wait for the delivery and give that a whirl.. glad to know there is a low cost way to return items

Just refuse delivery and it will go straight back to Amazon, give them a ring and you will get refunded :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2154
    2. Criminal Immigrants and British Justice - makes me proud!2137
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764004
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…22

See more discussions