Returning eBay item

Found 22nd JunEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Hi, I ordered a pair of shoes from eBay, have purchased them from this seller before over the years, but this time around the quality has dropped, much thinner material, poor stitching and also a poorer fit, Requested a return via eBay and seller has replied if I am not happy then return for refund, last time I had to return an item several months ago I got to print a label and postage was paid, just had to take it to the post office, now I am not getting the option to print a label, has it changed now and you just do it the old way of writing the seller return address and paying yourself?, My only other issue being that the shoes were only £24 but I imagine it will cost me several pounds to return as it will be classed as a large parcel, just don't want to pay if there is a way to get the postage cost covered by eBay again. I was hoping once the seller replied I would at least then get to print a label even if it is not paid for. I thought it used to be automated so eBay new you had returned the item via a scan at the post office.
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Would this be any good to you.
Never used it myself but it seems straight forward to do.
paypal.com/gb/…544
I have used returned shipping on us with PayPal numerous times and there has been no quibble on refunding the shipping amount.

It’s a fantastic service.
Edited by: "karlypants" 22nd Jun
What reason did you chose when you opened the ebay return? If you selected one such as "doesn't fit" then you pay the return charges. There isn't a way around it once it is opened that way. The only way to cut your losses is to use the Paypal Returns On Us link above.
windym51 m ago

What reason did you chose when you opened the ebay return? If you selected …What reason did you chose when you opened the ebay return? If you selected one such as "doesn't fit" then you pay the return charges. There isn't a way around it once it is opened that way. The only way to cut your losses is to use the Paypal Returns On Us link above.

Hi I chose detective/faulty.
Hermes print in store £2.95 however if you chose defective seller pays and eBay issue a returns label
SOUTHWALES41 m ago

Hi I chose detective/faulty.

If you chose that, then the seller pays the return.

How many days is it since you opened the return?

What did the ebay email (not seller email) say?
windym1 h, 30 m ago

If you chose that, then the seller pays the return. How many days is it …If you chose that, then the seller pays the return. How many days is it since you opened the return?What did the ebay email (not seller email) say?

It said seller has till the 30th to reply, but he replied today same day and he said return for refund. No option to print label that I can find.

This is the option I used and it states this on the opened eBay case " Doesn't work or is defective "
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 22nd Jun
Private or business seller?
SOUTHWALES13 m ago

It said seller has till the 30th to reply, but he replied today same day …It said seller has till the 30th to reply, but he replied today same day and he said return for refund. No option to print label that I can find.This is the option I used and it states this on the opened eBay case " Doesn't work or is defective "

Did he click on accept return or just replied in the request?. Sounds like he's trying to avoid a label being created by not clicking on accept return.
alankfc0216 m ago

Private or business seller?

Business seller.
ScubaDudes14 m ago

Did he click on accept return or just replied in the request?. Sounds like …Did he click on accept return or just replied in the request?. Sounds like he's trying to avoid a label being created by not clicking on accept return.

Think you could be correct and he has just replied, is there anything I can do.
Try asking him to click accept return, so ebay doest have to intervene.
SOUTHWALES7 h, 16 m ago

It said seller has till the 30th to reply, but he replied today same day …It said seller has till the 30th to reply, but he replied today same day and he said return for refund. No option to print label that I can find.This is the option I used and it states this on the opened eBay case " Doesn't work or is defective "

The seller has 8 days from you opening the case to resolve it. You will have to wait until the 8th day (to the second). Then escalate the case. If the hasn't provided you with a prepaid label himself, ebay will make the decision to either give you a label themselves and charge the seller, or they will refund you.

Be patient, wait until escalation and then it will be resolved. As long as you opened the case for defective/faulty and you've explained that it's about the bad stitching rather than a poor fit (that's not a SNAD reason) then you will be ok. If needs be, add to the case now explaining that the stitching is poor - ensure you put all the faults in, but don't add anything further about it not fitting correctly as that isn't deemed a fault.
I’m sure you can return it. It’s like going to a physical shop, picking up the shoes trying them on and deciding they don’t make them the way they used to and walking away.
Well you can do that online to and have them returned.
You didn’t say in your op that you expect the seller to pay out their money to send the shoes to you AND pay out for you to return unwanted item. It sounded like you think Ebay pays for you to do that. But please note eBay usually gets that money from the seller.
If you don’t want to have the seller pay for you not wanting to keep them, unless they are not as described, then you have nothing to loose by seeing if PayPal will in effect pay it for you?
windym4 h, 46 m ago

The seller has 8 days from you opening the case to resolve it. You will …The seller has 8 days from you opening the case to resolve it. You will have to wait until the 8th day (to the second). Then escalate the case. If the hasn't provided you with a prepaid label himself, ebay will make the decision to either give you a label themselves and charge the seller, or they will refund you.Be patient, wait until escalation and then it will be resolved. As long as you opened the case for defective/faulty and you've explained that it's about the bad stitching rather than a poor fit (that's not a SNAD reason) then you will be ok. If needs be, add to the case now explaining that the stitching is poor - ensure you put all the faults in, but don't add anything further about it not fitting correctly as that isn't deemed a fault.

Thank you, have already put about the poor stitching, will escalate as you say on the 30th.
As above if paid with PayPal then they cover the return cost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants