Returning faulty Blu-Ray Player instore at HMv

I bought a Limit Blu-ray player from HMV instore on the 8th January this year and it now refuses to play discs. Would I be entitled to a full refund if I return the item or would they offer me a replacement (which I don't think they sell anymore) or the money off a different player.

Thanks

5 Comments

After this amount of time (under the soga) they can offer either a replacement or a repair, but its down to them.
They may have more options, but that's the option under soga. . .

Would I be entitled to a full refund if I return the item

No.
Edited by: "thesaint" 24th Nov 2010

I wouldn't expect a 'full refund' because of the fact you've had it for so long. Had it been within a month, quite possibly.

If it's under 12 months old, it may still be under warranty from the manufacturer though - so do look into this too. If the item is no longer sold, they may very well offer you another model of equal value. Good luck.

Original Poster

I took it back and they no longer stocked it, sales assistant showed me a couple of other blu-ray players but they were over £100. I asked politely if I could just have a refund and she agreed but had to get a supervisor to authorise it. He noticed that the player was nearly a year old and winged a bit but still gave me my money.

I have just bought the Ps3 zavvi deal for £206 which has a better blu-ray player and I can play a few games on it.

You got a good result there, but it does stand to reason that a Blu Ray player should last longer than what you had it for. Slightly amazed that they gave a full refund though, but nonetheless well done to you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?57
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764091
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1516
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11

See more discussions