Returning incorrect games to CEX...

Posted 15th Nov
I went to CEX lunch time today to buy some games and when I got home I’ve realised the following...

- Fallout 4 has Far Cry 4 disc in
- MGS says disc is too dirty to play, tried cleaning it a few times but doesn’t seem to read
- Shadow of War has the Shadow of Mordor disc in

Comedy of errors I guess but the store is nearly an hour away from me. What I thought was a great deal for £11 really isn’t now. Can I return these to any CEX store or will I have to return to the original? Thinking of stock etc.

Please advise
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I do not know but I’m interested to know how you get on here .. obviously wish you/ they had double checked before leaving store. Is this a potential trade in hack .. giving box of more expensive game combined with disc of cheaper game?
JumpMan198015/11/2019 18:55

I do not know but I’m interested to know how you get on here .. obviously w …I do not know but I’m interested to know how you get on here .. obviously wish you/ they had double checked before leaving store. Is this a potential trade in hack .. giving box of more expensive game combined with disc of cheaper game?

I did consider that as Far Cry 4 was £5 and Fallout 4 was £2.. shadow of war / mordor is an easy mistake a guess I even had to google in store which one was the newer game.
Wolfenstain15/11/2019 18:58

I did consider that as Far Cry 4 was £5 and Fallout 4 was £2.. shadow of w …I did consider that as Far Cry 4 was £5 and Fallout 4 was £2.. shadow of war / mordor is an easy mistake a guess I even had to google in store which one was the newer game.

They are close enough in name to fool most but not large sums of money involved.. annoying all the same.
Under normal circumstances they can be difficult to accept other store returns but with this they definitely will be. They won't have the case for them for starters. Sounds like a store, I would want a refund not exchange in this case and try another store when purchasing again.
Update.. I returned the games to a store open till 9pm tonight (not original purchase location) and they were apologetic and swapped MGS and Shadow of War but didn’t have a copy of Fallout 4 in so just refunded me. Wish I’d kept the far cry 4 disc now can’t really complain with the outcome I guess just know I’ll check discs in store in future
Edited by: "Wolfenstain" 15th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants