Found 27th Sep 2009
Recently bought a £500 LCD TV and PS3

Wondered if I could take one of them back with no questions asked within the 28days?

Cheers

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
38 Comments

they will give you a store credit

yes you can but they will ask you why you want to return.,so you have to come up with something..,

flp14344;6411698

yes you can but they will ask you why you want to return.,so you have to … yes you can but they will ask you why you want to return.,so you have to come up with something..,

nope, all you need to say is its not suitable and I have bought something else elsewhere, then they cant force you to do an exchange, they will give u a refund

cribert;6411705

nope, all you need to say is its not suitable and I have bought something … nope, all you need to say is its not suitable and I have bought something else elsewhere, then they cant force you to do an exchange, they will give u a refund

yes he will get refund offcourse but cant just say don't like it or something, that's what i meant,

good luck:thumbsup:

Goonieman;6411690

http://tinyurl.com/yaq4wbc

i like that

Original Poster

Goonieman;6411690

http://tinyurl.com/yaq4wbc

Wow you clever goon... have a gold star...

Nice to get other peoples opinions the google results appear very mixed.

Just say it's an unwanted birthday gift.

Original Poster

there website policy is very sketchy.... 28days or 14days?

It's not 28 days and they aren't going to take back a TV or a PS3 if it's been opened - who the hell is gonna buy a second hand TV / PS3 at full price?

They *might* be more receptive if you offered to pay a restocking fee.

Under statutory rights you can only return things bought online under the 7 days DSR if you but instore and change your mind you cannot expect a refund, although PC world may have T&C above Statutory it is unlikely they will accept back used good for refund you may be lucky and get a credit note. PC world stores vary a lot with returns you may be able to think of some ******** reason like saying they don't work together or you were missold the wrong thing, depends on how accommodating they are and how you approach them

if it was opened & used and not faulty, they will not refund you.

it its not opened and within 28 days, its fine.

its your job to manage your finances, not theirs.
its not their responsibility to take back 2nd hand goods which are not faulty.

they don't really give store credit anymore.
if the manager decides its OK, the refund may be given in the form of a gift card.

Say it has an intermittent fault and you want a refund :oops:

adanac1970;6411694

they will give you a store credit

no they wont lol, pcworld,currys and dixons, all part of DSGi, they do not do store credit, they will give you a refund if you come up with a decent reason, if it is within the 28 days, just say that you have found it cheaper elsewhere on an online retailer which is over £100 cheaper and hey presto, money back HTH

what did you say mobster83? the TV keeps switching on and off? sounds faulty to me, and as you have to return the TV you have no means of using the PS3 now so its no good to you is it? as its a faulty return they have to give you a full cash refund

peodude;6412632

Say it has an intermittent fault and you want a refund :oops:

+1.....golden words of refunds....cannot be proved...however, for 2 seperate items it may seem slightly dodgy :thumbsup:

but if the TV is faulty then he has no means of using the PS3 and they have to refund that aswell

jonesytheblade;6412786

but if the TV is faulty then he has no means of using the PS3 and they … but if the TV is faulty then he has no means of using the PS3 and they have to refund that aswell

No they dont - they have ever right to test the item first and even if the TV IS faulty they still dont need to refund the PS3...

mobter83;6411766

Wow you clever goon... have a gold star...Nice to get other peoples … Wow you clever goon... have a gold star...Nice to get other peoples opinions the google results appear very mixed.

Thank you, i shall wear it with pride :-D

they wouldnt test the tv especially if it wasnt a permanent fault. witht the PS3 a fairly good argument would see store credit at the very least

DSGI DO NOT GIVE STORE CREDIT.

depending on the manager, they may ask to test the TV for 24-48hrs. as if something is deemed as intermittent fault when its taken away from store, if found not to be faulty, the item is charged to the store.

this is blatant deception.

go sell it to a cash generator.

danny09;6412650

no they wont lol, pcworld,currys and dixons, all part of DSGi, they do … no they wont lol, pcworld,currys and dixons, all part of DSGi, they do not do store credit, they will give you a refund if you come up with a decent reason, if it is within the 28 days, just say that you have found it cheaper elsewhere on an online retailer which is over £100 cheaper and hey presto, money back HTH

they'll want proof of that too.

slackrat77;6413470

they'll want proof of that too.

Why would they want proof you found it cheaper elsewhere? It's not a valid reason for a refund...

slackrat77;6413459

DSGI DO NOT GIVE STORE CREDIT.depending on the manager, they may ask to … DSGI DO NOT GIVE STORE CREDIT.depending on the manager, they may ask to test the TV for 24-48hrs. as if something is deemed as intermittent fault when its taken away from store, if found not to be faulty, the item is charged to the store.this is blatant deception.go sell it to a cash generator.

this again is not true, they will not ask to test it for 24 hours they are only able to test in while the customer is present, if they do take it away and test in longer than that in less it is getting sent off to an external source (The Tech Guys) for repairing/testing (it also can't be The Tech Guys in store) then thye will be breaking their own policy. Trust me, i used to work for Currys.

Jakg;6413759

Why would they want proof you found it cheaper elsewhere? It's not a … Why would they want proof you found it cheaper elsewhere? It's not a valid reason for a refund...

they want proof that you found it cheaper elsewhere cos of bullsh*t like this.
if you walked in said you bought something at a DSGi store, found it cheaper online and it wasnt used or opened, and could prove the online price, they would refund your money and apologise.

if its open and used and you have found it cheaper. tough.
if within 7 days of purchase you have found it cheaper anywhere on the high street and bring in proof, you'll get the difference + 10% of the difference refunded back to you.

the original poster has spent money they don't have any now wants to return something.

danny09;6413794

this again is not true, they will not ask to test it for 24 hours they … this again is not true, they will not ask to test it for 24 hours they are only able to test in while the customer is present, if they do take it away and test in longer than that in less it is getting sent off to an external source (The Tech Guys) for repairing/testing (it also can't be The Tech Guys in store) then thye will be breaking their own policy. Trust me, i used to work for Currys.

i DO work for Currys.
I said its dependant on the manager.

he or she may want to see the fault.

slackrat77;6413825

they want proof that you found it cheaper elsewhere cos of bullsh*t like … they want proof that you found it cheaper elsewhere cos of bullsh*t like this.if you walked in said you bought something at a DSGi store, found it cheaper online and it wasnt used or opened, and could prove the online price, they would refund your money and apologise.

No they wouldn't - if it was an online price DSGi dont pricematch...

Jakg;6413898

No they wouldn't - if it was an online price DSGi dont pricematch...

not talking about pricematching.
if its unopened and unused, you can return it within 28 days.
if you tell them you've found it online cheaper they'll have no problem.

I know the pricematch policy cos I work for Currys.

if you went back and the item was opened and used, tough.
no refund.

but what the OP wants to do is wrong.

but what the OP wants to do is wrong.

It is refund fraud if done on two seperate occasions, but as a one off it can be a mistake. have to decide if the individual needs the money more than the multimillion pound company

....I work for PC World.

If it's unopened they wont usually put up much fuss.

If it's a low value return thats opened - again not much of an issue.

On a TV or a PS3 (i.e. a big value item which will be hard to sell when pre-owned) they obviously aren't going to take it back opened, although unopened they probably would.

Finding a cheaper price online has nothing to do with it.

What the OP wants to do is fraud effectively (if were going down the "it's faulty, honest" route).

if you need the money, sell it - don't expect the company to foot your loss.

as long as your not taking it back to pc world charlton i don't care.... but seriously you shouldn't have a problem returning it

its principle. OP bought something and now needs the money back.
tough.
like I said, go hock it or sell to cash generator.

people always go on about the sale of goods act and getting companies to stick to it.
this is blatant fraud and here are people advising on the best way to do it.

mobter83;6411766

Wow you clever goon... have a gold star...Nice to get other peoples … Wow you clever goon... have a gold star...Nice to get other peoples opinions the google results appear very mixed.

He just wanted to use it.

Original Poster

I phone there TV help line and concur it is faulty can i now demand a refund?

mobter83;6418669

I phone there TV help line and concur it is faulty can i now demand a … I phone there TV help line and concur it is faulty can i now demand a refund?

YO'd be better off asking that question to the store...

I'm curious as to how this turns out, let us know...

Original Poster

I wasnt taking both back one or the other...

anyway taken back full refund

they confirmed it was faulty

mobter83;6419728

I wasnt taking both back one or the other...anyway taken back full refund … I wasnt taking both back one or the other...anyway taken back full refund :Dthey confirmed it was faulty

But it wasn't?

Original Poster

stgeorge;6419735

But it wasn't?

It wasn't very good had loss of colour... the ps3 was fine so I was honest and kept the ps3 and will sell it privately
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60615
    2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions