Returning open TV to amazon

17 replies
Found 5th Jun 2010
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me out.

I ordered a 42" TV from amazon which arrived on Thursday. However after opening the box I and realised that the TV is slightly too small (i know I should have checked this out earlier). ... I was therefore wondering whether it is still possible for me to send it back to amazon, eventhough it has been opened.

I looked on the website with regards to the returns policy and for large items it says it should be in its "original" condition... I'm not sure if that means I can still return it because it has not been used or anything and is still in its original condition ...?

Thanks for the help alll......

17 Comments

Will be fine.

yeah it should be fine

just contact the returns support centre and they'll reaffirm that it's fine to return it if you're concerned

Original Poster

the thing that Im not specifically sure about is if "original" condition means unopened...?

system_error01;8765983

the thing that Im not specifically sure about is if "original" condition … the thing that Im not specifically sure about is if "original" condition means unopened...?

Doesn't matter.

Sale of Goods act applies here - you can reject items and let Amazon know within 7 days of delivery

Original Poster

OK, You all seem to know what you are talking about, will inform them today ... thanks

just contact them they will arrange a collection for the tv

n1ttygr1tty;8766129

just contact them they will arrange a collection for the tv

You'll have to pay for the return postage though.

ive had a few things collected n returned for free, dvd players etc, but you could be right with tvs as they are heavier, so might be worth looking into

bassman_uk;8766033

Sale of Goods act applies here - you can reject items and let Amazon know … Sale of Goods act applies here - you can reject items and let Amazon know within 7 days of delivery

That's actually the Distance Selling Act. SoGA is all about goods being up to scratch.

dxx;8766318

That's actually the Distance Selling Act. SoGA is all about goods being … That's actually the Distance Selling Act. SoGA is all about goods being up to scratch.

yeah I stand corrected - I blame my tired head for the mix up :thumbsup:

Maybe your new TV has an 'intermittent' fault? :whistling:;-)

bassman_uk;8766462

Nah - Just cough up the return postage...

Bad advice bassman :thinking:

Mallinersha;8766477

Nah - Just cough up the return postage...Bad advice bassman :thinking:

The TV might be faulty though if they had of decided to keep it.

bassman_uk;8766462

Yeh like a smashed screen... :-D

Original Poster

anyone know how much the p&p will be for returning the item? the link given is only for small items? ... lol jonny the box was damaged on delivery, could prob get away with a smashed screen
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    2. Full car respray22
    3. Jd sports22
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller22

See more discussions