Returning TV to John Lewis

Posted 25th Nov
What is the best way to return a TV to John Lewis with in 35 days.
I bought a TV (yet to open), and now decided to go for a different one.
Saw at John Lewis website "We charge a collection fee of £29.95 if goods are unwanted, but we don't charge for the collection of damaged or faulty goods". Can I take the TV to a nearby John Lewis shop for a full refund? TV weighs more than 15KG, so will they accept the return at store? Please advise..
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
splender25/11/2019 20:00

You saw some returns info already at John Lewis website, read more here …You saw some returns info already at John Lewis website, read more here for your good news instructions.

After 50min wait finally got a chance to talk to customer care. The lady over the phone confirmed that I can return it to John Lewis store for full refund. For home collection they will charge.
akbmca25/11/2019 20:05

After 50min wait finally got a chance to talk to customer care. The lady …After 50min wait finally got a chance to talk to customer care. The lady over the phone confirmed that I can return it to John Lewis store for full refund. For home collection they will charge.

Snap, same as what I found in 50 seconds reading JL's web page on returns for in-store purchase and online purchase.
splender25/11/2019 20:10

Snap, same as what I found in 50 seconds reading JL's web page on returns …Snap, same as what I found in 50 seconds reading JL's web page on returns for in-store purchase and online purchase.

There was a clause for items with weight over 15kg, so got confused
akbmca25/11/2019 20:19

There was a clause for items with weight over 15kg, so got confused

May be the problem with reading more
akbmca25/11/2019 20:19

May be the problem with reading more

I see there is a cut-off at 15kg. Yours is over 15kg , very kind for the helpdesk to allow return to store.
By the way, when it was delivered, was it a one-person or two-persons drop?
splender25/11/2019 20:33

I see there is a cut-off at 15kg. Yours is over 15kg , very kind for the …I see there is a cut-off at 15kg. Yours is over 15kg , very kind for the helpdesk to allow return to store.By the way, when it was delivered, was it a one-person or two-persons drop?

It was delivered by a single person, the cover says weight 28kg.
I returned my TV, was opened, no quibble refund which is why I like JL
Dude197129/11/2019 11:04

I returned my TV, was opened, no quibble refund which is why I like JL

I went yesterday and the return was very easy. In my case, the box was not opened.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions