Groups

Returning Vacuum Cleaner to Argos After A Week?

Got wood floors on the ground floor and carpets upstairs...so stingily went for a £59.99 Vax upright vacuum capable of doing both at Argos last weekend...no sign of any Dyson deals at the time.

On their website, the returns policy states that returns must be in an unused condition, yet Im not happy with this item AFTER using it. I would say Ive filled the container about 1/2 full in a week.

The problem I have is the thing blows dust everywhere because of the air blasting out of the front and every other crevice on the thing...clean one part of the floor only to go back to where you've been and there's a few dust bunnies that have appeared out of nowhere! Never experienced a cleaner like it to be honest.

I know it probably says alot for the state of the house and the amount of cleaning thats done, but I'm just not happy with it doing what its doing.

What are my chances of a refund if I turn up with it back in the box after an empty and cleanup after its obviously been used?

16 Comments

I think good if you lay it on thick that dust is escaping from it. Just say its no good at all, could be a design fault with it.

Ask for a refund. and if they say no, take it home, blow it up then take it back again.

Original Poster

I read a few reviews on other Vax uprights and there were plenty of comments about air blowing from the front, etc, but I just assumed this being a new model they would have resolved this...obviously not.

Ah well it will be a trek to the store tomorrow I think

If its not fit for purpose you have rights anyway argos are easy going .

Original Poster

Yea...those bunnies are fast!

Cheers for the comments everyone

Banned

waterloo;7700905

Prove it...............

Although Argos are generally quite good.

And OP - a Dyson for £60? No deal in the world will get you that.

You will have no problems taking it back to Argos.

Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so … Most things we sell are covered by our 30-day money-back guarantee, so just return them to us unused, in their original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and we’ll give you a refund.

]http//ww…htm

moob;7701045

You will have no problems taking it back to … You will have no problems taking it back to Argos.]http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/ReturnsAndRefunds.htm

That states that the item must be unused :thumbsup:

OP, Argos seem to be cracking down a bit these das on returns, but if you do take it back you must play on the fact that it is faulty and not fit for purpose - it's not enough just to say that you are not happy with it

Original Poster

dimebars;7700943

Prove it...............Although Argos are generally quite good.And OP - a … Prove it...............Although Argos are generally quite good.And OP - a Dyson for £60? No deal in the world will get you that.

What you on about?? I never said I could get a Dyson for £60!!

To prove it I dont mind taking it around their showroom to prove a point!

Original Poster

Anyway...vacuums are supposed to suck not blow...so i'll deffo be heading there tomorrow with it and the receipt

Take back as faulty. Also tell them you don't like the noise .It's like having your very own private airshow. They also do not like wooden floors or pick up anything. The suction cap / fitting is poor on them. I bought the panasonic bagged one Argos had on offer after returning the Vax on the same day.

Original Poster

Compared to our old vacuum the noise wasn't too bad...loud, but slightly muffled...old one was just loud lol.

Ill get a vid on YouTube if I need to go as far as doing a demo of it in the showroom lol

Mrs.Z;7701493

That states that the item must be unused :thumbsup:OP, Argos seem to be … That states that the item must be unused :thumbsup:OP, Argos seem to be cracking down a bit these das on returns, but if you do take it back you must play on the fact that it is faulty and not fit for purpose - it's not enough just to say that you are not happy with it

Well slap my hand. :lol:

waterloo;7700905

exactly. thats what my point would be.

Original Poster

Returned it now probs...

heres a secret, the argos value hoover is £12 and works amazingly

JustExtreme;7714841

heres a secret, the argos value hoover is £12 and works amazingly

got a link >?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3211147
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764585
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1934
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1022

See more discussions