Reusable Respiratory Masks? P2 or p3 protection? Any supplies ?

Posted 16th Apr
Looking for a good reusable respiratory Half or full mask.

The reusable type with a proper face seal to offer maximum protection.
P2 (N95) or p3 (N 98 )is fine,
These both provide adequate protection against the current situation.
I want them for my parents when they have to go out the house for essentials.

Every website I seen is out of stock.
I checked over 50 sites.

Anyone know a good reliable source?

Should be sealed & brand new.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments

This video review on YouTube from February is very useful, how was he so far ahead of the game.
That’s the Jsp force 8 half mask respirator he is using, no stock anywhere.

He has lot of other useful videos with covid19 advice & protective gear.
none availble now. if you wait long enough the government will soon give them for free as in other countries!
I’ve bought some from China, took 6 days to arrive.
I bought 2 x Respro Techno masks about 6 weeks ago. The website closes when all stock and shortly to arrive stock has been allocated. I bought spare filters too as each one lasts for approx 67 hours Get your size right though
mutley116/04/2020 18:27

none availble now. if you wait long enough the government will soon give …none availble now. if you wait long enough the government will soon give them for free as in other countries!

Can’t wait, need them for my parents, they are older. Need protection going to Sainsbury’s. Chance of breathing it in will be so high in that kind of setting.
The virus floats in the air for many hours.
1 cough has billions of viruses in it.

Those masks don’t do anything really apart from stopping you touching your face which is some protection.

I’m looking for actual respirator like the following mask, you can take P2 / P3 filters with it being equivalent of n95/n98

It’s reusable but you get a proper seal which is what you need, I did two days of research on this. Only respirators offer proper protection both ways.

jspsafety.com/lin…/c/
BigStart16/04/2020 19:01

Can’t wait, need them for my parents, they are older. Need protection g …Can’t wait, need them for my parents, they are older. Need protection going to Sainsbury’s. Chance of breathing it in will be so high in that kind of setting.The virus floats in the air for many hours. 1 cough has billions of viruses in it.Those masks don’t do anything really apart from stopping you touching your face which is some protection.I’m looking for actual respirator like the following mask, you can take P2 / P3 filters with it being equivalent of n95/n98It’s reusable but you get a proper seal which is what you need, I did two days of research on this. Only respirators offer proper protection both ways.jspsafety.com/link/en/respiratory-protection/force-8-half-masks-and-filters/c/

Are your parents going to decontaminate the mask after every use without touching the outside of the mask, are they going to replace the filter after every use, how are you going to buy the right size without face fitting them.
At work we use these 40435099-f6tfy.jpgThe sundstrom respirator but only after being properly fitted after doing various exercises and movements whilst being connected to some sort of device, if we have to wear them at covid 19 incidents then the pre filters are removed prior to wearing and once finished the mask is removed and submerged in a container of alcohol solution. I understand what you are trying to do but are you just luling your parents into a false sense of security
Edited by: "ding" 16th Apr
BigStart16/04/2020 16:17

[Video] This video review on YouTube from February is very useful, how was …[Video] This video review on YouTube from February is very useful, how was he so far ahead of the game.That’s the Jsp force 8 half mask respirator he is using, no stock anywhere. He has lot of other useful videos with covid19 advice & protective gear.

Not really ahead since we all knew it was coming but everyone was just denying it thinking it's silly
Doesn't take for a government to announce a lockdown till figure out it was happening even in December when it was reported than as "a Mystery Virus Discovered in Market but it's been Contained, just a small outbreak nothing to worry about, No Human to Human infection' says CCP and WHO
Edited by: "Norseg" 16th Apr
From what I've read all masks and even properly fitted respirators leak more virus sized particles around the seals than through their filters, and powered respirators are the best option.

While genuine surgical masks are designed to protect the patient, by trapping germs breathed out by the wearer, there is some evidence, that they may provide a degree of protection to the wearer too at the sort of exposure level you'd encounter in a supermarket, if you can't get anything better.

fastlifehacks.com/n95…fp/

Don't forget, you need eye protection too.

Annoyingly we've still got a couple of P2 filters (thought we also had a box of P3 somewhere), but the 3m mask has been dumped because it perished.
Edited by: "melted" 16th Apr
Everything you touch, handles, letters, shoes, food, boxes, trolleys and talking masks off, putting on gloves. Best stay in, shopping is most contagious place to go, forget beaches and parks. Drop off yourself for parents.
Seen a guy in the supermarket who had some leather gloves on, had a call, took his glove off and held it with his teeth, then put it back on, oblivious.

Sheep.
(These AREN'T P2 or P3 masks, but just adding in case it interests anyone else)

I got this reusable 10 pack of masks last night for myself (dispatched quickly, though who knows when they'll arrive) at £4.86 - the price has went up by 1p/different seller amazon.co.uk/Pol…DV/

Was going to buy boyf some of these options, but he too wants a more sophisticated mask.

There are also clear visors, eg, this one at 48p + £1 delivery amazon.co.uk/Uti…P5/ and £2.06 here amazon.co.uk/Ole…NS/
(may be good for healthcare workers, etc)

These masks (6 pack with "breathing valve" ) are Amazon's best seller but reviews look a bit iffy £6.74 + 60p delivery = £7.34amazon.co.uk/ACM…8M/

Obviously as these are China sellers who knows how long they'll take, but I think the postage situation is much better than when I purchased from Ali back in mid-January - I have an order of a few days ago already on a plane to the UK.
eelvis16/04/2020 22:34

Everything you touch, handles, letters, shoes, food, boxes, trolleys and …Everything you touch, handles, letters, shoes, food, boxes, trolleys and talking masks off, putting on gloves. Best stay in, shopping is most contagious place to go, forget beaches and parks. Drop off yourself for parents.

Ysay scary place. Can't believe they don't give the staff free masks from weeks ago
BadMF17/04/2020 01:31

Seen a guy in the supermarket who had some leather gloves on, had a call, …Seen a guy in the supermarket who had some leather gloves on, had a call, took his glove off and held it with his teeth, then put it back on, oblivious.Sheep.

Hope you resisted doing a facepalm!
melted17/04/2020 22:23

No point. It’s a false feeling of safety. Too many of these people thinking if they put on gloves or a mask then they’re all good. Yet take the same gloves and mask and wear and use them rinse and repeat.

Think of gloves and a mask as a wipe after a turd. Wipe and drop, and never introduce that near your face.

So many people reusing gloves and a mask, it’s a false economy, unless you’ve got a full enclosure pressurised suit with air tank, that gets sterilised each time, your mask and gloves are about as much use as trying to smell a fart in the wind.
That lovely warm moist mask you are wearing is probably the perfect place to keep the virus viable when someone has coughed or breathed upon you and as soon you touch it with your hands and then touch your face with your bare hands........and if you do wear disposable gloves and or a mask do you know how to take them off properly youtube.com/wat…LH0 I would bet there are very few members of the public who can remove a face mask and gloves without contaminating themselves.....

I know I'm wasting my time here but most of the evidence about the general public wearing masks is inconclusive and WHO states “the wide use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not supported by current evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks”

The other thing to remember is that at the start of all this you had to be within 2 metres of an infectious person for more than 15 minutes to be considered as risk and it has been reported the new app they are working on is also based around this...
Edited by: "gari189" 17th Apr
OllieSt16/04/2020 18:36

I bought 2 x Respro Techno masks about 6 weeks ago. The website closes …I bought 2 x Respro Techno masks about 6 weeks ago. The website closes when all stock and shortly to arrive stock has been allocated. I bought spare filters too as each one lasts for approx 67 hours Get your size right though

That’s the good thing about reusable respirator, filters are much better & the face mask has a much better seal.

I got the jsp force 8 finally found some, got the p2 & P3 filters

P2 (N95) respirator is a more tight-fitting face mask. In addition to splashes, sprays, and large droplets, this respirator can also filter out 95 percent of very small particles. This includes viruses and bacteria.

The jsp has a press to check filter to ensure it’s a 100 percent seal on the respirator. No chance of a leak.

I use the P2 filters for going to Sainsbury’s or if I have to head out as it’s easier to breath but still n95 standard which filters out just about all the virus & Bacteria.

The main problem with this virus is the length of time it’s airborne, it’s so much longer than most viruses, based on new research in the indoor setting it can stay up for 13 hours,
a person coughing can project the virus over 200 feet away in short amount of time, the infected person will put out millions of viruses with one cough.

So imagine in Sainsbury’s the cough would cover the entire store full of airborne viruses.

Noway I would go to any indoor place without a Respirator, chance of breathing in the virus is way too high.

Even when I put out the recycling or garbage going through the hallway & 2 sets of stairs I wear it as it virus can be in the air from one of my Neighbours.
Not taking the chance of catching it, dam thing in so contagious.

I got the p3 ( n 98 ) filters for visiting my parents, extra bit of protection, jsp has press to check filters to insure there is a 100 % seal, I don’t let them to visit any shops, just walks no indoor places. I do everything for them but wouldn’t visit without the wearing my Respirator.
Edited by: "BigStart" 18th Apr
BadMF17/04/2020 01:31

Seen a guy in the supermarket who had some leather gloves on, had a call, …Seen a guy in the supermarket who had some leather gloves on, had a call, took his glove off and held it with his teeth, then put it back on, oblivious.Sheep.

Haha I haven’t seen anything that bad yet
That’s shocking. I’m sure others have seen worst
melted17/04/2020 22:23

There was a lady wearing 2 layers of bubble wrap around her face today at the bus stop lol .. I really wanted to tell her that no doing much for you

I seen so many people over the last few days wearing proper P3 respirators on the tube & in Sainsbury’s.
People been doing their research, no idea where they get them from. I been looking for days out of stock on every site.

Anyone knows a source for the JSP force 8 with P3 press to check filters please let me know I need 3 sets.
virustaticshield.com/

Our company providing us with these for travelling, better than nothing, can wear for up to 50 hours then can be washed 3 times before the effectivness wears off.
£20 each but better than nothing...
BigStart30/04/2020 12:08

There was a lady wearing 2 layers of bubble wrap around her face today at …There was a lady wearing 2 layers of bubble wrap around her face today at the bus stop lol .. I really wanted to tell her that no doing much for you I seen so many people over the last few days wearing proper P3 respirators on the tube & in Sainsbury’s.People been doing their research, no idea where they get them from. I been looking for days out of stock on every site.Anyone knows a source for the JSP force 8 with P3 press to check filters please let me know I need 3 sets.

Well, it might provide useful protection if she falls over And she can pop the bubbles when she is feeling stressed.

I haven't found a genuine respirator for sale for under £100 (and that was an ebay seller, so who knows what you'd actually get) so I looked into buying a clone 3M respirator from china, since I found up a couple of unused genuine 3M P2 filters in the workshop, but I was worried that the exhaust valve and seals might not be up to scratch, and sure enough I found several reviews saying the exhaust valves on theirs didn't seal, and another that raised suspicion as it was commenting on how easy it was to breath through compared to other masks.

There were also multiple reviews saying the filter mounts and also where the elastic attached snapped off really easy, and also that the supplied filters leaked spray paint and dust, so I've given up on that.

I'm now back to toying with the idea of building my own powered respirator hood, trouble is, if you get it wrong it will be blowing virus contaminated air at your face, and potentially harmful glass particles if you choose the wrong filter.
Edited by: "melted" 30th Apr
Yeah when she got on the bus it wasn’t just me amused as people started taking pics & videos lol

Wooo eBay prices are ok now. Can get the JsP force 8 with P3 filters at a reasonable price. That’s the only one I want as the filters are press to check you know it’s air tight with no leaks.

I’m just going get some spares as when the lockdown is reduced demand will be much higher as people can’t stay at home anymore. My boss will be happy to have us back in the office lol
BigStart30/04/2020 14:34

Yeah when she got on the bus it wasn’t just me amused as people started t …Yeah when she got on the bus it wasn’t just me amused as people started taking pics & videos lol Wooo eBay prices are ok now. Can get the JsP force 8 with P3 filters at a reasonable price. That’s the only one I want as the filters are press to check you know it’s air tight with no leaks.I’m just going get some spares as when the lockdown is reduced demand will be much higher as people can’t stay at home anymore. My boss will be happy to have us back in the office lol

With the 3M ones you could remove the filters and block the holes with the palms of your hands, to get an idea if it seals to the face well enough.

The JSP ones were cheaper, I think I saw one from a reputable supplier with a pair of P3 filters a while before the pandemic for about £18 + postage. Shame I didn't buy one at the time as a replacement for the 3M one we had , but I thought we still had a box of spare 3M P3 filters.
Edited by: "melted" 30th Apr
melted30/04/2020 20:06

With the 3M ones you could remove the filters and block the holes with the …With the 3M ones you could remove the filters and block the holes with the palms of your hands, to get an idea if it seals to the face well enough.The JSP ones were cheaper, I think I saw one from a reputable supplier with a pair of P3 filters a while before the pandemic for about £18 + postage. Shame I didn't buy one at the time as a replacement for the 3M one we had , but I thought we still had a box of spare 3M P3 filters.

Just got lucky on eBay, buy it now on the cheap side, really cheap, just getting a few filters saved up as if I’m back at work soon I need to be wearing the respirator all the time specially out & about or on public transport
ding16/04/2020 19:23

Are your parents going to decontaminate the mask after every use without …Are your parents going to decontaminate the mask after every use without touching the outside of the mask, are they going to replace the filter after every use, how are you going to buy the right size without face fitting them.At work we use these [Image] The sundstrom respirator but only after being properly fitted after doing various exercises and movements whilst being connected to some sort of device, if we have to wear them at covid 19 incidents then the pre filters are removed prior to wearing and once finished the mask is removed and submerged in a container of alcohol solution. I understand what you are trying to do but are you just luling your parents into a false sense of security

I know the principle of proper use.

If you were paid by the government for £200/day as a trainer to train people to use. How much time does it to teach and how many practises (put on and off) does it take to learn as a ball park for Mr. and Mrs Average?
They are very simple to use, the jsp force 8 is adjustable fully & come in different sizes so it makes it easy. I have used both the large & Med sizes with no difficulties.

I press to check the filters just before entering a busy place like Sainsbury’s or public transport.

My parents use small size masks, took 1 min to explain to my mum how to use the press to check filters.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions