Groups

Reverse mobile phone number lookup?

Is there any such thing for doing this in the UK?

I had a text today & it has bothered me. I would be happy just to find out what area the caller is in!

Thanks.

5 Comments

Banned

or a 3 letter reply saying ''who are you'' might also work.

although its a gamble.

Not without hiring some kind of professional. Put the number in Google and see if it brings anything up.. If you suspect anyone, check their Facebook - plenty of people put their numbers on their FB profiles.

If you get more bothersome texts from them, I think it might be possible to block their number. Easy if you have a smartphone, or you can phone your network and see if they can do it.

..or ring them from a different number. They might pick up and you might recognise their voice
    Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 19th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Thing is, all it said was "is this ------ ( insert my name here) number"

It was my full name, I have a harassment order on my husbands ex so don't want to ask who it is, as if its her, I dont want her to know its my number.

Just find it very odd someone texting that, your full name and asking if its your number.

Banned

MissBehave

Thing is, all it said was "is this ------ ( insert my name here) … Thing is, all it said was "is this ------ ( insert my name here) number"It was my full name, I have a harassment order on my husbands ex so don't want to ask who it is, as if its her, I dont want her to know its my number.Just find it very odd someone texting that, your full name and asking if its your number.

Ring it(witheld). when they say ''hello'' you could perhaps determine if it is? then just hang up.

reply to the text and say "no, sorry this is jane smith's number - think you have the wrong one"

or just don't reply.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions