Groups

Review for a Samsung HT-SB1

I've searched everywhere for a review for the "Samsung HT-SB1" (amazon.co.uk/Sam…_17?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251564980&sr=1-17) but I can't find one anywhere!

I'd appreciate it if someone else could have a look, i'm looking for a £100-£250 sound bar that has good reviews.

10 Comments

I have this one amazon.co.uk/Log…1-1

Have had it for about a year at the moment and love it... but the samsung ones are very nice too, and is what I would have bought if I hadn't got the logic3 soundstage.
    It depends on what you need it for really, the one I have has got 2* digital optical inputs etc.. which is great for me so I can just switch between TV/PC input and PS3 input... but hasn't got HDMI inputs. If you need HDMI inputs you might have to spend a bit more money I think.

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6155630

I have this one … I have this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic3-TX101-SoundStage-Surround-Speaker/dp/B000W49NSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251568942&sr=1-1Have had it for about a year at the moment and love it... but the samsung ones are very nice too, and is what I would have bought if I hadn't got the logic3 soundstage.It depends on what you need it for really, the one I have has got 2* digital optical inputs etc.. which is great for me so I can just switch between TV/PC input and PS3 input... but hasn't got HDMI inputs. If you need HDMI inputs you might have to spend a bit more money I think.

I looked at that one too but it's kinda ugly :oops: I'm sure my gf wouldn't mind so much if it acctually looked good!

I have no idea what inputs I would need... I have a 50" Samsung Plasma (hotukdeals.com/ite…588), PS3, Xbox360 and a Virgin SD Box (V+ box being installed on 2nd october)

Another cheap idea is novatech.co.uk/nov…1gt I know you can get one with a sub but apparently the sub is awful or if i'm gonna splash out maybe this digitechelectronics.com/mod…349

LOL - I actually think it looks really nice.. have it with the front off, so like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31-J9nNbSpL._SS400_.jpg

.... but can see where it's not everyone's taste

Best thing you could do is work out which inputs you will need first really before buying one...
    both PS3 and xbox360 can use RCA, PS3 can also use optical (SPDIF) - not sure if 360 can as mine is downstairs... and can't get cable where I live so would have no clue about the v+ box at all.

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6155984

LOL - I actually think it looks really nice.. have it with the front off, … LOL - I actually think it looks really nice.. have it with the front off, so like this.... but can see where it's not everyone's taste :)Best thing you could do is work out which inputs you will need first really before buying one...both PS3 and xbox360 can use RCA, PS3 can also use optical (SPDIF) - not sure if 360 can as mine is downstairs... and can't get cable where I live so would have no clue about the v+ box at all.

if you look at pictures of the ones I linked you can see why I think it's ugly xD I like everything hidden away in a nice little black box!

Ahh I see... but the unit I have arrives like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21-c9bNnGBL._SS400_.jpg

Anyway it's fine if you don't like it... was just trying to make a suggestion on something I have and haven't had any probs with and works very well IMO

My bro has a "true" 5.1 surround system that cost him approx £400 and he prefers the sound I get out of mine too, plus you don't have the wires etc as you know

well, good luck with finding the right one... sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Original Poster

I didn't realise it came like that and it has some good reviews, can't really go wrong for that price or novatech.co.uk/nov…tml is the other option, similar price.

I was one click away from buying the one you have but i'm going to Currys on Monday to see if they have anything reduced before I buy =]

The one you linked to is only 2 channel sound with no subwoofer and only 1 optical input... so not sure what the sound would be like on that one TBH, can't imagine it being that great fhough. Are you definitely after a soundbar? just asking because when it comes to soundbars there is very little choice in the price range you said about before - and IMHO I think I got the best of them at that price range.
    If you wanted a proper 5.1 surround system you could get this amazon.co.uk/Sam…8-1

coupled with this amazon.co.uk/Sam…8-4

for approx £300

Original Poster

paddy.stone;6156519

The one you linked to is only 2 channel sound with no subwoofer and only … The one you linked to is only 2 channel sound with no subwoofer and only 1 optical input... so not sure what the sound would be like on that one TBH, can't imagine it being that great fhough. Are you definitely after a soundbar? just asking because when it comes to soundbars there is very little choice in the price range you said about before - and IMHO I think I got the best of them at that price range.If you wanted a proper 5.1 surround system you could get this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HT-TZ325R-5-1ch-Cinema-System/dp/B001V9KQKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251575814&sr=8-1coupled with this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SWA-4000-XEU-Wireless-Speaker/dp/B0016J75JS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1251575814&sr=8-4for approx £300

I wouldn't mind a proper surround sound system but i think my gf would prefer it if there wasn't cables all over the living room, i'm quite happy with a sound bar anyway as i've never had any speakers... always used the ones built into the tv so anything is an improvement.

I'll pop into currys on Monday anyway just because they might have some top of the range sound bar reduced to a reasonable price :-D

OK, good luck with it mate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …268914
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764562
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1231
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714128

See more discussions