Revolut card being declined on Amazon.fr

Found 28th Nov 2015
Trying to purchase the Xbox deal atm using revolut card. It takes the £1 to verify the details before confirming the order but k instantly get a message saying the card has been declined. Anybody know why ?

25 Comments

Amazon.co.uk doesn't support entering the three-digit CVV code found on the back of some cards. If the code is required by the issuing bank, payments may not process successfully.

Perhaps that.

1st option would be to try using a VPN connected to a french server before trying to buy.

Original Poster

tadgerbear

1st option would be to try using a VPN connected to a french server … 1st option would be to try using a VPN connected to a french server before trying to buy.

Is that really necessary?

No it isn't, I have ordered from amazon.fr no problems with my visa.

do you have a weekly or monthly max spend on your card? The €1 is a bank check so your bank is declining it maybe based on max limit or insufficient funds

you could try doing a chat thing with customer services via a translator app.
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 28th Nov 2015

Original Poster

Error440

No it isn't, I have ordered from amazon.fr no problems with my visa.do … No it isn't, I have ordered from amazon.fr no problems with my visa.do you have a weekly or monthly max spend on your card? The €1 is a bank check so your bank is declining it maybe based on max limit or insufficient fundsyou could try doing a chat thing with customer services via a translator app.

No max spend. The customer service is abismal. I have to wait until Monday for their fin cancer team to get an answer. Wished I hadn't used this silly virtual card.

FriendlyRyan

...fin cancer team...

Sounds fishy.

They could just be screwed I have had it were I couldn't order because their system was down so the payment request didn't get a reply, a few hours later it worked and then a day or two later got an email from my card provider generic apology to all customers as their system went down.

amazon chat is your best bet via google translate or something just cut and past keep it simple let them know you are stupid english using a translation tool.

Original Poster

fanpages

Sounds fishy.

finance team

Original Poster

Error440

They could just be screwed I have had it were I couldn't order because … They could just be screwed I have had it were I couldn't order because their system was down so the payment request didn't get a reply, a few hours later it worked and then a day or two later got an email from my card provider generic apology to all customers as their system went down.amazon chat is your best bet via google translate or something just cut and past keep it simple let them know you are stupid english using a translation tool.

Wish me luck X)

FriendlyRyan

Is that really necessary?

​Necessary? No it isn't hence why i said try but most problems are caused by trying to buy overseas from a UK server. I also use Revolut but this all depends on your ISP as it works fine on some.

If however, it fails, i found connecting through a VPN in the country your buying from works everytime.

Original Poster

tadgerbear

​Necessary? No it isn't hence why i said try but most problems are caused … ​Necessary? No it isn't hence why i said try but most problems are caused by trying to buy overseas from a UK server. I also use Revolut but this all depends on your ISP as it works fine on some.If however, it fails, i found connecting through a VPN in the country your buying from works everytime.

I thought it was an off the cuff comment and a vpn is a bit of hassle. I did try it and unfortunately it doesn't work.

is your cardholder name/billing address the same as what you used for revolut?

FriendlyRyan

I thought it was an off the cuff comment and a vpn is a bit of hassle. I … I thought it was an off the cuff comment and a vpn is a bit of hassle. I did try it and unfortunately it doesn't work.

​Oh well, always worth a try.

For future reference though, there is an app that can connect you to a VPN anywhere in the world in just a few clicks. Very simple and quick

I used it to buy a sightseeing tour in New York. I bought it online. It was declined due to my address not being the same as its stored on the card. If you look at your profile on the app, your address is stored in a strange way. I am still 139 dollars down and no one wants to help me. Customer service is very poor

sevmccaig

I used it to buy a sightseeing tour in New York. I bought it online. It … I used it to buy a sightseeing tour in New York. I bought it online. It was declined due to my address not being the same as its stored on the card. If you look at your profile on the app, your address is stored in a strange way. I am still 139 dollars down and no one wants to help me. Customer service is very poor

Thought you said it was declined, where did the minus dollars come from?

sevmccaig

I used it to buy a sightseeing tour in New York. I bought it online. It … I used it to buy a sightseeing tour in New York. I bought it online. It was declined due to my address not being the same as its stored on the card. If you look at your profile on the app, your address is stored in a strange way. I am still 139 dollars down and no one wants to help me. Customer service is very poor

sevmccaig

sevmccaig

sevmccaig

sevmccaig

sevmccaig

That's my whole point. Transaction was declined but $139 taken off me for that transaction and still never been refunded

anza

sevmccaig

That's my whole point. Transaction was declined but $139 taken off me for … That's my whole point. Transaction was declined but $139 taken off me for that transaction and still never been refunded

sevmccaig

That's my whole point. Transaction was declined but $139 taken off me for … That's my whole point. Transaction was declined but $139 taken off me for that transaction and still never been refunded

did you get your money back? thinking of signing up for this revolut card
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants