Revolut closed my account

Posted 14th Jan
So had an email from revolut saying they have closed my account. Dear... we have closed your account as we can no longer provide you with services...we are sorry but we have to make difficult decisions.

Used my card twice, they asked about an auto top up which I didn't think I had ticked. I also gave them the four figure number to confirm accounts to transfer in.

I got the card via one of the deals here.

Any advice?
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Advice is speak to them, or we could all do random reasons..
True, but I cannot get in contact with them via the app. I will try email. My question is more in regards to others experiences and what are the most common reasons.
You have triggered the "exceptional circumstances" clause that you accepted at sign up, which Revolut identifies as of one or more of:
"if we have good reason to suspect that you are behaving fraudulently;
if you haven't given us (or someone acting on our behalf) any information we need, or we have good reason to believe that information you have provided is incorrect or not true;
if you've broken these terms and conditions in a serious or persistent way and you haven't put the matter right within a reasonable time of us asking you to;
if we have good reason to believe that your use of the Revolut app is harmful to us or our software, systems or hardware;
if we have good reason to believe that you continuing to use your account could damage our reputation or goodwill;
if we have asked you to repay money you owe us and you have not done so within a reasonable period of time;
if you've been declared bankrupt; or
if we have to do so under any law, regulation, court order or ombudsman’s instructions."
AndyRoyd14/01/2020 21:14

You have triggered the "exceptional circumstances" clause that you …You have triggered the "exceptional circumstances" clause that you accepted at sign up, which Revolut identifies as of one or more of:"if we have good reason to suspect that you are behaving fraudulently;if you haven't given us (or someone acting on our behalf) any information we need, or we have good reason to believe that information you have provided is incorrect or not true;if you've broken these terms and conditions in a serious or persistent way and you haven't put the matter right within a reasonable time of us asking you to;if we have good reason to believe that your use of the Revolut app is harmful to us or our software, systems or hardware;if we have good reason to believe that you continuing to use your account could damage our reputation or goodwill;if we have asked you to repay money you owe us and you have not done so within a reasonable period of time;if you've been declared bankrupt; orif we have to do so under any law, regulation, court order or ombudsman’s instructions."

Christ, in which way. I haven't done any of that.
Rubbish company tbh , i have starling, Monzo , TransferWise, monese, dozens , curve, Hsbc and Halifax yet they have an issue if i want to join them . Cancelled my application without any reason after 2 weeks.
These guys and N26 are waste of time tbh
Just move on and get a better card like starling
You should of went with Starling.
Move to starling, all round better card.
I’m at a complete loss as to why people love Revolut so much?
As far as I can tell they are just a prepaid card that offers a good FX rate and an easy to use app. But so does Starling and Monzo and they are both full banks?

what am I missing here?
Cheers folks, starling it is!
saeed281015/01/2020 01:01

Rubbish company tbh , i have starling, Monzo , TransferWise, monese, …Rubbish company tbh , i have starling, Monzo , TransferWise, monese, dozens , curve, Hsbc and Halifax yet they have an issue if i want to join them . Cancelled my application without any reason after 2 weeks.These guys and N26 are waste of time tbh

Curious on you issues with n26? My experience with them has been flawless.
Agreed in revolut. Their CEO is a dodgy fiend too.
paul100515/01/2020 07:15

I’m at a complete loss as to why people love Revolut so much? As far as I c …I’m at a complete loss as to why people love Revolut so much? As far as I can tell they are just a prepaid card that offers a good FX rate and an easy to use app. But so does Starling and Monzo and they are both full banks?what am I missing here?

revolut has had a few promotions of free money if you open an account. i was sitting on the fence each time the promotion came up as they are very enticing, but i haven't yet decided to bite as it sounds like a cacuffle getting your ID verified for a free tenner, that may not materialise.
I like the virtual card option that Revolut offer, do any other card providers do this?
flowersofwar15/01/2020 06:26

You should of went with Starling.

Starling is equally strict. When my wife's account was quite new (Aug 2018), they asked for detailed explanations on various money transfers. The reality is that banks can close accounts without any explanation; it is there in the T&Cs. MSE forums have many such examples being discussed.
paul100515/01/2020 07:15

I’m at a complete loss as to why people love Revolut so much? As far as I c …I’m at a complete loss as to why people love Revolut so much? As far as I can tell they are just a prepaid card that offers a good FX rate and an easy to use app. But so does Starling and Monzo and they are both full banks?what am I missing here?

The free £10 from a previous deal
bozo00715/01/2020 16:28

Starling is equally strict. When my wife's account was quite new (Aug …Starling is equally strict. When my wife's account was quite new (Aug 2018), they asked for detailed explanations on various money transfers. The reality is that banks can close accounts without any explanation; it is there in the T&Cs. MSE forums have many such examples being discussed.

And did they close the account?
flowersofwar15/01/2020 16:44

And did they close the account?

Nope. The questions stopped after a few transactions.
bozo00715/01/2020 19:04

Nope. The questions stopped after a few transactions.

It's a good job your wife is with Starling then
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions