revolut personal and business acount

Posted 22nd Mar
I recently opened a revolut business account to try them out and in few months to 1 year time will be opening a business account - if anyone has either of revolut account, how has you experience been with them?, is it safe to hold large amount of cash with them e.g., 10k, 15k to 50k, starting with personal then business account.

Is it alright to use them as main account?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I've had several hundreds of €s in mine for over a year. I'd be cautious about the amounts you are suggesting, and I would not make Revolut my main account.
Predikuesi22/03/2020 16:03

I've had several hundreds of €s in mine for over a year. I'd be cautious a …I've had several hundreds of €s in mine for over a year. I'd be cautious about the amounts you are suggesting, and I would not make Revolut my main account.

When you say €s, do you mean in 100s or 1000s?
adamey1922/03/2020 16:26

When you say €s, do you mean in 100s or 1000s?

One refers one to one's previous comment

Yes, only hundreds, mainly for use when going to Ireland.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 22nd Mar
I wouldn't put £100 in them let alone thousands. I use mine to pay netflix and thats it

Have a look on reddit and trustpilot for horror stories about their AML procedures.
Most of these free virtual "banks" aren't FSCS protected so would never keep a lot in there even though platforms like Revolut are unlikely to go under.

Monzo business seem to have launched free account which is FSCS protected: monzo.com/i/b…ess
Edited by: "Myriad" 22nd Mar
Starling seems the best for business. I would not trust Revolut or Monzo with large sums of money, they are both infamous for freezing customer accounts without reason and taking ages to provide a solution. You may have seen Tide but don't think that's a proper bank, not looked into Coconut yet but may interest you.
Edited by: "jamie15" 22nd Mar
jamie1522/03/2020 22:30

Starling seems the best for business. I would not trust Revolut or Monzo …Starling seems the best for business. I would not trust Revolut or Monzo with large sums of money, they are both infamous for freezing customer accounts without reason and taking ages to provide a solution. You may have seen Tide but don't think that's a proper bank, not looked into Coconut yet but may interest you.

Thanks, will take a look into them. Never heard of Coconut before
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants