Revolut Scam

Posted 17th Apr
I've been a Revolut customer for about 4 years, I recently noticed my account has been revoked/ banned/ blocked when i tried to log in a few days ago, they have basically robbed over £100 off me and I am getting nowhere when trying to contact them via twitter, facebook, instagram etc... anybody else had the same experience or got any advice on how I can get my money back please? thanks...

p.s. i did nothing wrong and it's happened to loads of people...
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
There is a hundreds of cases like yours i seen in last few weeks. I think that the rumours about their financial problems are real. And their customer service is one of the worst in the world even with premium. Hope you will sort this out
I have also seen many cases of this with virtual banks like Monzo and Revolut. You should seek legal advice.
Never had any issues with revolut used them for years. I really hope they dont hit financial troublus due to this they have saved me a fortune over time
HUKD is heavily shilled by Revolut agents, I trust the admin team is able to reach out to them for a resolution. Ask them or the Pepper experts posting deals and recommending them on a regular basis.
Love__Bargains17/04/2020 12:17

I have also seen many cases of this with virtual banks like Monzo and …I have also seen many cases of this with virtual banks like Monzo and Revolut. You should seek legal advice.

Monzo is a fully fledged bank regulated by the FCA and has been since 2017.
Wow that’s terrible I’m worried about my own account now.
thanks for the heads up!! I had £1000 transfered on it as i prepared my easter trip (which obviously got cancelled) and did not think twice of leaving it on it - just did a transfer of the full balance to my bank account!! not risking it as we are not protected by the FCA compensation scheme as this is not a current account
hashman17/04/2020 14:48

thanks for the heads up!! I had £1000 transfered on it as i prepared my …thanks for the heads up!! I had £1000 transfered on it as i prepared my easter trip (which obviously got cancelled) and did not think twice of leaving it on it - just did a transfer of the full balance to my bank account!! not risking it as we are not protected by the FCA compensation scheme as this is not a current account

I was thinking about taking my money off it too but left it on, then got scammed, I'm fuming, they keep repeating the same thing, "we will contact you". DON'T BELIEVE OR TRUST THEM!
Edited by: "prynolfc" 17th Apr
StonkwellBogtrotter17/04/2020 13:26

Monzo is a fully fledged bank regulated by the FCA and has been since 2017.

Yep, good comment, as are Starling. Revolut are not. However, I have Revolut and never had a problem - also have Starling and they are equally as good, my son has Monzo and he swears by it...
philajones17/04/2020 14:52

Yep, good comment, as are Starling. Revolut are not. However, I have …Yep, good comment, as are Starling. Revolut are not. However, I have Revolut and never had a problem - also have Starling and they are equally as good, my son has Monzo and he swears by it...

Yeah I have Starling too. Very good bank and excellent app. They've just recently started doing "Connected" cards, whereby you can put an amount, u to £200 into a pot and give a trusted friend or relative the card to get shopping for you, if you're self isolating. Very good idea and well done Starling.

starlingbank.com/fea…rd/
StonkwellBogtrotter17/04/2020 14:56

Yeah I have Starling too. Very good bank and excellent app. They've just …Yeah I have Starling too. Very good bank and excellent app. They've just recently started doing "Connected" cards, whereby you can put an amount, u to £200 into a pot and give a trusted friend or relative the card to get shopping for you, if you're self isolating. Very good idea and well done Starling. https://www.starlingbank.com/features/connected-shopping-card/

I agree, fab idea
Revolut isn’t a bank, be difficult to get it back
I had a negative balance as they Authorized a payment with 0 in.
Next minute they took the money out of my account too pay so company.
Contacted company and they said they never received a payment very fishy.
I always remember Mary Poppins where there was a run on bank after rumours, and everyone took their funds out. Anyway, I've just made sure there's only a tenner left in my Revolut...
Starling bank is now £45 contactless same as some other banks.... revoult you can't do anything until they finish there investigation.... Hiding behind the "know your customer" bull....which they misuse imo.
I've been having a problem for a good few weeks trying to transfer my money out of Revolut, it keeps failing - they say the bank details are wrong, but they are all correct

Starting to lose my trust in Revolut, so for me I'm thinking of looking elsewhere.

As per the above Monza seems a good choice so might have a go with them
The Russian mafia now have your money.

Stick to starling
Only use these types of cards for holiday travels and that's it.
Purely don't trust them as a regular UK bank.
Once back from break everything is withdrawn.
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 17th Apr
You shouldn't keep any money on Revolut. Ok. Maybe £20... Nothing more, seriously.

You have Monzo, Starling Bank if you want keep your money and have same conversion to other currencies.
They have brought in some new ID checks - which involves passport details and selfies to match your ID. Its a long shot but maybe they locked you out because they had no response?
gari18917/04/2020 23:10

They have brought in some new ID checks - which involves passport details …They have brought in some new ID checks - which involves passport details and selfies to match your ID. Its a long shot but maybe they locked you out because they had no response?

They didn't say that so I doubt it, they already have my i.d from a while ago.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions