Revolut vs Starling

Posted 4th Oct
Good morning,

I've recently had some problems with Revolut so I was looking at alternative options.

Please can anyone tell me if there is actually any downside with moving from Revolut to Starling. Everything I've found online so far suggests Starling has advantages and no downsides. I just wanted to check if there was anything I was missing before taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I have both, Starling is far better IMO. Only downside is loss of different virtual cards.
Yep Starling wind hands down for me
My revolut card has expired as I no longer use it.
Edited by: "stefromuk" 4th Oct
Starling is a bank with full protection as per UK law. Revolut is part owned by the russian mafia. HTH
Wonderful, thanks for the comments everyone.
Just an update.. only two downsides I can see are the one noted above; loss of virtual cards...

Also, Revolut can be topped up by card, rather than bank transfer. So you don't need to visit another app to transfer your funds over, plus you can essentially use your credit card and transfer funds into cash with ease and no charge.

Aside from these, it seems decent..
Get all of them just incase like i did
monzo, starling , dozens, transferwise and curve .
Btw i did try to get n26 and revolut 😜 unfortunately both declined application without explanation
joshp04/10/2019 13:58

Just an update.. only two downsides I can see are the one noted above; loss …Just an update.. only two downsides I can see are the one noted above; loss of virtual cards...Also, Revolut can be topped up by card, rather than bank transfer. So you don't need to visit another app to transfer your funds over, plus you can essentially use your credit card and transfer funds into cash with ease and no charge.Aside from these, it seems decent..

Revolut atm fee free limit is £200 per MONTH and starling is £300 per DAY. Especially important if you want to use abroad.

As Revolut is a pre paid card you may have problems having it refused, such as at some fuel stations.

Don't put anything in revolut that you don't mind losing. Zero financial protection.

Revolut was good back in the day but now much better, safer options.

Starling is a good all round bank account.
ScubaDudes04/10/2019 20:10

Revolut atm fee free limit is £200 per MONTH and starling is £300 per DAY. …Revolut atm fee free limit is £200 per MONTH and starling is £300 per DAY. Especially important if you want to use abroad.As Revolut is a pre paid card you may have problems having it refused, such as at some fuel stations.Don't put anything in revolut that you don't mind losing. Zero financial protection. Revolut was good back in the day but now much better, safer options. Starling is a good all round bank account.

Thanks for the info.

Revolut account is now closed, Starling is open and I have a card on the way.

This was mostly promted because I had issues logging into my account on a new phone and I got fed up of their support, even though they evetually sorted it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants